It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What do you think of China?
I'm a student from China and now still in China.I like American and hollywood movies very much,but I would prefer to stay in china.Maybe It is chinese culture that makes us(chinese) so.Chinese who live in abroad must go back to china during their life time,which is accepted by all chinese.When I was 12 ,many people from taiwan island went back to our small village(a very small village in jiangxi province.have you ever heard jiangxi?) just wanted to see the houses where their grandparents ever stayed.So,you must know chinese culture is powerful.
So sorry for my poor English,Thanks for you reading.
Now you can give your opinion.~_~

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As confident as I am that this will be moved from this forum, I shall not discuss the implications of China in terms of the NWO but shall, rather, answer your question.

uouo21, I am not American, I am Australian, so my take on China may differ from those of our American cousins. China is Australia's neighbour and close trading partner and most Australians are happy with the relationship between our two countries.

There are certainly issues that we disagree on, but that is part of what neighbours do from time to time. China's human rights record is appalling and is probably the major issue of contention between Australia and China. Many Australians are also concerned with China's growing military and influence (or desire for influence) with Asia. I am not at all worried about Chinese aggression towards us - that is simply ludicrous. But many Australians feel that China could do a better job of reassuring its close neighbours, like Australia, that it has no plans for future hostility, expansion or aggression. To use your own example, you made a point of pointing out how powerful Chinese culture is. Maybe you are just proud of your nation, but statements such as this cause many Australians to wonder at your motives.

On a personal level, I have met many Chinese students at the school where I teach and have found them to be pleasant, intelligent and possessing of both humility and integrity. Australians are fairly welcoming of different cultures and many Australians wish to see the ties between our two nations strengthened. We are, however, put in a uniquely precarious position concerning Taiwan. China claims that Taiwan is part of China, a position supported by the Australian government. But America has pledged to defend Taiwan if hostilities break out between itself and China and Australia is a military ally of the United States. We would not automatically go to war, but if China were the instigator, it would be difficult to keep Australia out of the battle in some form.

I would love to visit China some day, but Australia is pretty isolated down here and it is expensive to travel overseas. Australia and China may never see eye to eye on certain issues, but that's okay. Friends are allowed to have different opinions. And after all, whatever our governments may do or say, I personally have nothing against the average Chinese citizen and have found those I have met to be lovely people.

I hope this gives you an idea of what Australians in general think of China and its people.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Honestly I would love to go to China. Beautiful countryside and most of all HOT HOT HOT woman. At least I think so. I'm not too familiar with china but it would be a country that I would like to learn about more and will.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
good food, crappy cars.

on a serious note, shamefully negligent in world affairs. When will China get involved in aid for africa ?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
TO:Jeremiah25:
Haha,thanks for your reply.You are a good guy.but I couldn't post my real ideas to the forum as I coud not express my ideas in english well.Maybe Next time I will post more.
TO: I See You
You want to go to china?if you really want to go,you should choose some places that can represent real china.Shanghai and beijing,among the top cities in china,can not represent china.most areas in china are rather poor,lots of families cannot afford the tuition(about 300RMB) for their children to go to school,lots of children cry when they are told they can not go to school,lots of children are forced to go to earn money when they are in their teenages.Addition,chinese gilrs,at least most,are still very traditional,Haha.
TO:syrinx high priest
What you said is right,we should enhance our duties in world affairs,but it should give us some time to get to most chinese think so(because it has some painful past),right?

PS:real china is like the picture below:
"http://img127.photo.163.com/bestman526/3668525/359961439.jpg>
if you cannot see the picture,click below hyperlink
zhongguoxiangcun(chinese country)

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think its really cool that ATS has so many International members. There are not a lot of forums on the net that are like this one!

just my 2 cents!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My wife is Chinese and of course her whole family is Chinese. She has never been to China however and her family rarely goes.

I would love to go someday as I am facinated with China. I also want my son to see what part of his herritage is. Another thing that bugs me is my wife never speaks Cantonese in the house, I really want my boy to speak it as a second language, but he never will at this pace.

He is 1.5 years old and calls me "Baba" of course. He is starting to get confused a little though. He calls my wifes father and mother "Gung Gung" and "Por Por" but my mother "Grammy". He will get it soon though

new topics

top topics

join