It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

children and paranormal abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
When I was young many strange things happened to me and my brother. He knew I was going to get hit by a car and made it a block away in time to see me get hit. There were other strange things that happened too, but I noticed that as I've gotten older, the ease with which this ESP etc happens seems to have lessened. Is there a reason for this?

Are our minds more open when we are young? Less brainwashing or thought control? Or do we try to force it too much as we get older?

Has anyone else experienced this? Or maybe even experienced the opposite?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yes, our minds are pure and innocent when we are younger so in short it would be much easier to tap into 'psychic' abilities without even thinking or dwelling on it. The older and more polluted our minds become(if we let it) the further we grow away from those pure abilities. Basically our minds can become poisoned to the already poisoned and older minds around us-unless we find a way as a child to lesson the blow, we very well could and do, lose those abilities. BUT, of course there are ways to maintain it and/or open it back up

So in my opinion you are correct about everything you've mentioned. There will always be either one parent or both or some other adult to deter/hinder these great gifts given to children due to the supposed 'Satanic nature' or illogical less scientific reasoning it usually affords...how sad really.
Magestica

[Edited on 9/2/03 by magestica]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Busting in before this becomes a chick thread. And my my, a magestica post!

I'm not sure if children have access to the kinds of consciousness we are thinking about here, any more than adults who train themselves to switch off from material influences have it.

In fact, I would say a better developed adult brain (ie better adult brains, not that adult brains are better than child brains) will have far more access than a malleable child's brain.

My opinion.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yup....pretty much as Magestica said.

As we grow older we become more physically focussed, our world is filled with the physical, the mystical and the magical has little place...as our minds are focussed on paying the monthly bills, acquiring that new car, putting food on the table or making work production targets.

Children however are normally less burdened by those 'worldly worries'.

Also...consider this: What are we?? Are we physical...as in body, breath and blood?? Or are we spirit?? Or are we a collection of the two?

Me...I believe we are all essentially spiritual entities that for whatever reason find ourselves within physical bodies for the time being. As such we were spirit BEFORE these bodies...and we will be spirit after them.

Now...how do you utilise any paranormal abilities? How do you sense things? How do you see/sense things that exist outside of the physical world? Do you do that with your physical self...or your spiritual self? I'd say you do that mainly with your spiritual self. As I said, we were spirit before these bodies....so...a child is, in a way, 'closer' to 'spiritual self' by the very nature of them not being in this physical world as long as say an adult has been. Their 'residual' spirit-hood (not a word, but hey, couldn't find one to fit) is still strong.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A child does not claim to understand the world as profoundly as an adult does. They are more open to new ideas. Their brains do not quickly refute a vision or paranormal feeling as a figmint of their own imaginations.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Theories are abound about children having intense mental powers. Some believe that poltergiests are actualy a mental temper-tantrum caused by young children. At the less extream end of the spectrum people argue that children are very much aware of their surrounds and are much more in touch with peoples feelings.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In personal experience, as well as others' children can definitely be the cause of what is deemed as "poltergeist" activity.... Look to Mag's explaination... Children are more open to other aspects of reality....

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
when I was a child I remember weird stuff happening all the time, "poltergeist" activity ESP ect. but as i got older it now seems to happen vary rarely.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf
when I was a child I remember weird stuff happening all the time, "poltergeist" activity ESP ect. but as i got older it now seems to happen vary rarely.

Exactly!
The one difference is that even though it happens very rarely now, when it does ... it's much bigger things.

new topics

top topics

join