It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Katrina Data & Resources Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So how long until the National Guard / US Military / NO Police start shooting civilians?

Will this turn into another Kent State like situation?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Body count could easily reach a thousand.

www.abc.net.au...
www.newkerala.com...

Yikes, this is reminiscent of Galveston 1900. Surprised with our modern tech that we could not have saved at least half of these people from dying.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well this is interesting, finally something besides some girl in Aruba.

First, New Orleans is screwed. Bands of idiots with guns shooting at helicopters, EMTs, and others.

Second, Bush screwed up again. He cut a quarter billion dollars from the Levey(sp?) and pumps and other flood fighting things a few months ago, good job, they are now spending 10.5 billion because Bush wanted to give Haliburton an extra 250 million.

Third, sucks to be in the south period, Hurricanes, in western parts like Texas you have tornadoes, floods, KKK, rednecks, and this just proves it. Give me a category 5 blizzard any day over this bs, or hell let BP/Sun oil blow a few more times instead of this. Thankfully Lake Erie rarely floods and we have dikes(sp?) and other things to keep it from flooding.

Solution? Tell Bush Oil is in New Orleans, he will send thousands of troops there to find the WMDs, to spread democracy, so forth.

Proof of Bush taking money from New Orleans/Lousianna

www.pnionline.com...
www.alertnet.org...
www.editorandpublisher.com...
www.findarticles.com...
www.whatreallyhappened.com...
mydd.com...
www.bushwatch.com...
www.salon.com...
www.commondreams.org...
www.craigslist.org...
www.swingstateproject.com...
homepage.mac.com...

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Jestaman]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It's weird... out of all the video and pictures I have seen... on CNN.com, FoxNews.com, ESPN, etc., All I have seen are African Americans. I have seen virtually no whites, besides the military untis that are there.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
It's weird... out of all the video and pictures I have seen... on CNN.com, FoxNews.com, ESPN, etc., All I have seen are African Americans. I have seen virtually no whites, besides the military untis that are there.

That would probably have something to do with the fact that they make up a large percent of the population there in New Orleans, and unfortunately, many of them include the poverty-stricken people who were among those that simply could not leave the city...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Don't quite know how this guy has got Internet access but ...

Interdictor's Blog

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

WASHINGTON - The head of the federal disaster relief agency said Friday it's "heartbreaking and very, very frustrating" to witness the virtual anarchy in hurricane-ravaged New Orleans and defended the Bush administration's response.

Interviewed on several network morning news shows, Michael Brown, director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, blamed emergency assistance delivery problems on "the total lack of communications, the inability to hear and have good intelligence on the ground about what was actually occurring there."

Brown appeared the morning after the mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, charged that administration officials "don't have a clue" about what's going on in the devastated city that long has been among the nation's premier tourist attractions.

"People are getting the help they need," Brown asserted on NBC's "Today" show. "This is an ongoing disaster. This disaster didn't just end when Katrina left."

But Brown also acknowledged that little in the government's preparedness plan took into account the likelihood of lawlessness in such dire straits.

"Before the hurricane struck I came down here personally and rode the storm out in Baton Rouge," he said. "We had all of our rescue teams, the medical teams, pre-deployed, ready to go. ... The lawlessness, the crime that is occurring, did surprise us."
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050902/ap_on_go_ot/katrina_federal_response_hk1

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join