It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Star Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum -- if it's not I apologize in advance.

Anyways, I'm just curious about the relationship, if any, between the "Druze Star" used by the small religious community of the Druze and the "Eastern Star" of the Order of the Eastern Star. It just dawned on me that the two designs are very similar.

en.wikipedia.org...

i-cias.com...

Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have this Pin from my Grandmother. I couldnt see your second link but look up " Druze" an yes to me it seems like they are a very similar.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here are the two symbols for anyone having a problem viewing those links:

external image
The order of the eastern star on the left and the star for the druze, who apparently prefer to be called Unitarians, on the right.

There are some claims that freemasonry, of which the OES is an auxilliary for, has its origins in the secret society of the unitarians, that this eastern knowledge was imparted to christian knights, and that they brought it back to europe and eventually it ends up as freemasonry. However, it would be difficult to show how the Unitarians, who apparently are extremely secretive about their religion, would tell it to crusading strangers. Indeed, even the average unitarian doesn't actually know the divine secrets of their religion. Its something of a mystery religion. Also, I don't see how freemasonry really relates to what we at least think we know about the Unitarian faith. The Order of the Eastern star may have adopted the broad symbolism here to emulate this eastern esoteric sect, sort of like how the shriners emulate the islamic sects.

Notice that the stars are only superficially similar. The colours used are rather basic. The sequence of the colours is different. Blue in the Unitarian star is bordered by green and white. In the EOS star, blue is bordered by red and yellow.

Amoung the unitarians, interpretation apparently is such:

It is also known that the Druze believe in five cosmic principles, represented by the five colored Druze star: intelligence (green), soul (red), word (yellow), precedent (blue) and immanence (white). These virtues were personified in several people, among them Adam. Sometimes later figures would come to signify the same principle.

I don't know if anyone can tell us if the interpretation of the colours is the same in the EOS, but I doubt it, it seems like the words are rather specific to their faith. ALso, a connection is very difficult to interpolate, since the OES is formed long after freemasonry exists. So if there is an Unitarian-OES connection, it'd have to be thru the masons, but where is this symbol amoung masonry? It might be there for all I know, can anyone show that it in fact is??

Here are some related discussions.
The Druze of Lebanon(ATS thread)
Templars, Assasins, Druzes, Sufism, and, of course, Masonry. (RATS thread)

join