It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member PODcasts, Official Announcement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
Do you have to have 500 ATS points, before you can podcast??

plus, is'nt it true that copyright law, can allow you to play a minute of any song?

1) snippets of commerical music should not exceed 30 seconds and be mono with credit mentioned at least in show nots (just edit the comments post automatically created when you podcast is accepted).

I think this quote explains it all, however you can play podsafe music to your hearts content I believe. That is royalty-free music where the rights owner has granted permission to play thier music in podcast. Just give them credit in your show notes. More on podsafe music here

You don't need points to post a podcast, but if you don't have 200 post here on ATS then your submission will have to be reviewed before it shows up on the board. You actually earn points for podcasting.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
dbates,

I think this quote explains it all, however you can play podsafe music to your hearts content I believe. That is royalty-free music where the rights owner has granted permission to play thier music in podcast. Just give them credit in your show notes. More on podsafe music here

30 secs, Sorry did'nt see that just skiped through the thread, thanks for the link,

You don't need points to post a podcast, but if you don't have 200 post here on ATS then your submission will have to be reviewed before it shows up on the board. You actually earn points for podcasting.

when i go to pod cast, there is no submmision form, all it says is
access error: on the right hand side of the page,
can you plz tell me why?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is what I'm seeing. Not sure why you would be getting an error. I know this works in Firefox and IE.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

all it says is
access error: on the right hand side of the page,
can you plz tell me why?

had the same problem a week ago. You need to adjust your firewall and/or your internet security settings.

-J

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
theshadowknows,

had the same problem a week ago. You need to adjust your firewall and/or your internet security settings.

I've just checked, cant see why, could you plz tell me, what settings you changed?

debates,
I use IE,
where the submission form is on your pod cast page, mine says access error, i hope i get this sorted out, it'll be nice to at least have the option of useing pod cast, although i dont think anyone would understand my Yorkshire accent,

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Protection From Podcasting

I've just checked, cant see why, could you plz tell me, what settings you changed?

debates,
I use IE,
where the submission form is on your pod cast page, mine says access error, i hope i get this sorted out, it'll be nice to at least have the option of useing pod cast, although i dont think anyone would understand my Yorkshire accent,

I use Norton Personal Firewall, and also get this error (sometimes, interestingly enough). I think it is related to ad blocking and pop-up protection.

The quick and dirty fix for me is to temporary disable NPF (right-click on the NPF system tray icon [lower right of desktop in same section as time display] and select “Disable”) and refresh the Podcast Upload page.

Of course, you may not want to do this if you're constantly being “probed by aliens” (i.e., the Big Bad Internet), but if you don't get a lot lf attention out there, it's reasonably safe to disable NPF for short periods to do the uploads. However, that is a personal choice, and be careful.

The best way to deal with the issue would be to adjust NPF to allow the specific connection in question, but I've been too impatient and busy podcasting to track down how to do that. If anyone knows the specific settings, please be sure to post them here.

Note that if you are having trouble with the Member Uploads section in the Member Store, it uses the same basic mechanism, and the same fix should work there, too.

Accentuate The PODsitive

Meanwhile, I really want to check out your Yorkshire accent! I am something of a connoisseur of accents and dialects, and while I hope my fellow members won't feel self-conscious about it and speak naturally when they podcast, I must say that hearing these different accents is a real treat for me.

I may even do a podcast on them where I try to mimic them -- and no doubt offend pretty much everyone in the process.

Hot accents I'm looking for right now include:

African (all regions, including S.A. Afrikaans, and especially “bush” languages with clicks)
Amazon Basin indigenous (any, but Yanomamo and similar languages in particular)
Arabic (any and all dialects)
Caribbean (any and all islands)
Chinese
Farsi (Persian)
French
German
Indian (various regions)
Indonesian (any region)
Inuit
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Malaysian (Bahasa Melayu)
Maori
Polynesian and Pacific Islanders
Portuguese
Russian
Thai
Vietnamese
Welsh
Yorkshire

...and this isn't all of them, so if you're feeling left out, then hey, MAKE A PODCAST and let me have what-for (preferably while highlighting the coolness of your accent and native language).

Also, I'm looking for greetings and other “pop phrases” in the languages of these areas.

There is much to love about podcasting, but this is definitely one of the things I love about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
thanks majic, i think thats what i'll have to do,

Meanwhile, I really want to check out your Yorkshire accent! I am something of a connoisseur of accents and dialects,

I'll have to find them old, Last of the Summer Wine vids out and revise a little, dont wanna let you down,

below is an audio clip from ppl who come from the same city as i do, Workers at Whitehead's in Bradford react to the news that their mill is going to close,

www.bbc.co.uk...

I may even do a podcast on them where I try to mimic them -- and no doubt offend pretty much everyone in the process

he he, thats a great idea! i'm sure that would be hilarious, cant wait,

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join