It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member PODcasts, Official Announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

PODcasting is finally here on AboveTopSecret.com

We're finally ready for members to PODcast!
PODcasting grew from a counter culture of disenfranchised radio aficionados frustrated with the heavy corporate atmosphere and poor quality of broadcast radio. This is certainly a mind-set that is squarely in-line with how we think at ATS.

We are the first online community to make PODcasting available to our members in a fall-down easy process. Just ramble into a microphone, save it as an MP3 file (2 megabyte maximum file size), and go to our PODcasts Page to publish directly to our feed. If you have more than 500 posts, your PODcast is automatically published, and you get 2500 ATS points. If you have fewer than 500 pots, your submission is review first.

Here are some simple rules:

1. You must introduce your self using your ATS member name, and identify your podcast as an "AboveTopSecret.com member podcast" within the first 30 seconds of your submission.

2. All normal terms & conditions apply, however, members submitting ATS podcasts that contain content that violates our terms and conditions will be immediately banned. (BTS and PTS feeds are coming soon, and have will have a more relaxed editorial stance.)

3. You may use music as an intro, background, or closing tag. However, do not use copyrighted material for ATS podcast feeds (look into music loops or royalty free music).

4. Artistic content such as your own "pod safe" music and spoken word poetry, will accepted for the BTS feed when it becomes live.

Some Perks

Having your PODcast accepted into the feed will earn you 2500 ATS points.

The first 10 members to submit at least 4 minutes of your own voice discussing ATS topics will receive a free ATS logo T-shirt.

More surprises coming soon.

(Please note that we reserve the right to use portions of your podcast for promotional blurbs about ATS and previews of ATS podcasts.)

Some threads have already sprung up related to podcasting:
The PODcasts are coming (now closed)
I didn't really Understand Podcasting Great info piece.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
niiice...

this is a great addition to the ATS universe...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Woohooo to bad there isn't a BTS podcast yet. That is gonna be great!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Now I wish I had a microphone. I'll have to go find one. I'm thinking maybe I can paraphrase my Nanotech paper I'm doing for the research forum, and have the big important parts put into the PODcasts. I think I'd be more active in the BTS one, but every now and then I think I could come up with some good ATS ones.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Music from Majic has been uploaded as the first eddition to a new BTS feed:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We're still not ready for members to add to the BTS feed on their own... but it's coming soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is great stuff!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Is there an online school for PODcasting? or a PODcasting for Dummies page??

It seems simple enough.. hmmm

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Cool!!
Are we allowed to use the ATS theme music in it?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Cool!!
Are we allowed to use the ATS theme music in it?

Certainly.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We are now accepting BTS PODcasts.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Skeptic, I can not find the BTS PODcast's on iTunes. But if I type "ats" in the search string, I find the ATS PODcast's...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The BTS feed was just recently finished (with a flag for profanity if your music or comments contain some color), and was submitted only moments ago. Give it about 12 hours before it's in the iTunes director. Direct link is:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The BTS feed was just recently finished (with a flag for profanity if your music or comments contain some color), and was submitted only moments ago. Give it about 12 hours before it's in the iTunes director. Direct link is:

Oh, okay. Thanks for the information.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is going to make such a great addition to the ATS websites.

Can someone recommend a decent audio recording/mixing program that will let me lead in with the ATS song and fade to my recorded voice?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know Adobe Premiere, (Pretty sure it's that one), is pretty good with doing that stuff. if you don't have it, then I'm not sure of any other programs to use.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thank you DarkHelmet, I just hope its not a $500 solution.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I had to use it in my Web Design class... had to intgrate sounds together... make one fade, the other come strong, then have the strong on fade to black, and the original background sound come to the top again. Worked very well, and I'm sure it can be used for what you need. As for the $500 part, I'm not surewhat the pricing is on premiere, but it can't be too cheap.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ive got a podcast ready to upload, but everytime I try, I get a error in firefox saying "this document contains no data". IS there something im doing wrong?

-J

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
IS there something im doing wrong?

It's likely too big. The 2mb limit is the absolute file size upload maximum for PHP and Apache. If you can't compress it further, email it to me --> [email protected] and we'll get it up.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm doing the same thing and i'm getting the same error with BTS feed. It's not over the size limit.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My mom should be going to buy me a mic tonight when she goes to the store. Before I go to bed, maybe I'll see if i can upload my own little intro. if not, I'll try tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join