It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Target New Orleans, But Entire Gulf Coast Beware

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
No matter if it strays off path or stays its course, its going to be a mess. In all actuallity in alot of ways hitting New Orleans or east would be a best case situition...WHY? because I have been in some of the parishes south and west of the city and they are pretty damned low and isolated and if it hits them not only will everything be lost including the land itself most likely but the whole region will be totally inaccessable...at least New Orleans east is easily accessable though personally I would just as soon like to to disapate before reaching landfall but there is a fat chance in hell for that. Good luck and godspeed to everyone in the area our prayers are with you.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
well, i and my family made it safely to houston, though it looks like my house is definitely underwater
. but the good news is we are safe.

grover: thanks for the apology, and sorry i kinda lashed out at you, understand that i was a bit uptight seeing the circumstances. no hard feelings man.

--Kit.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
kitsungari, I'm so glad you made it out safe and sound and listened to the warnings. Your house and any material things lost can be replaced. Where exactly was your house located btw, what parish?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
yeah, thats true, WW.

were in Jefferson parish. havent heard much and the news isnt shwing more than like 3 clips of the same area, so ill just have to wait and see for sure, but from the clips of the area i have seen, it doesnt look good.

did you see the clip of a mall with a big sign missing in the front and next to that it said clearview on the building? im not ure if you know what im talking abut, but i live a few blocks down from that.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Kit, use this link to keep up to date on what happening in your area...there's also a blog there, you can ask questions specific to your location and what not...

www.wwltv.com...

Jeff Parish President. Residents will probably be allowed back in town in a week, with identification only, but only to get essentials and clothing. You will then be asked to leave and not come back for one month.

I don't even know how to put myself into your situation if you can't return home for a least a month, what will you do? How long can you stay where you are? and will you get the FEMA help you probably will need?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
WW im not sure what we will do. but i have family here in houston and they are helping us out. we have a place to stay for now and we will just have to wait and see what we are going to do. thanks for the news site, i will be checking periodically now and will post any updates i see that havent been discussed.

--Kit

[edit:LOTS of typos]

[edit on 30/8/2005 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ive been through a couple hurricanes, and they can be messy, anyway last i heard 80% of new orleans is under water.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join