It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eastern Star?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Please bear with me as this is my first attempt...at anything on this board!! I lurked for about 3 months before I joined (3 days ago) and have not reserched this....and I will state, I have no bias!!! But...would someone explain the connection of the Eastern Star and the Masons?? Both my grandmother and great aunt had Eastern Star rings, but we never discussed them.

Sorry if this has been talked about before, just thought it might be a good topic for conversation

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
it is not part of masonry, i have been told, but is made up of mainly women, related to masons, their wives, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That is my understanding, only women. But I thought the center on the ring hada a masonic emblem, I may be wrong. I will try to find my grandmothers's ring and take a pic.....

just eager to learn!!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Check out some mason threads, like the one about if they are good or bad, cuz a member sebatwork? maybe, a mason, corrected me regarding men in the OES.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's the ladies auxillary arm of the masons.

It was probably started to shut the women up and stop them from asking to join the masonic society.

They do charity work the same as the masons but they do not learn the secrets that the men do within the masonic league of secrecy.

Men can join too though.

www.easternstar.org...
user.aol.com...

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
it is not part of masonry, i have been told, but is made up of mainly women, related to masons, their wives, etc.

Yes, they are not offically part of masonry, but they do hold a special relationship

df1

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The Eastern Star is not a women's only organization. The link which follows should provide basic info concerning the organization.

What It Is: The Order of the Eastern Star is the largest fraternal organization in the world to which both men and women may belong. Worldwide, there are approximately 1 million members under the General Grand Chapter. Link

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Eastern Star as far as I can make out is a co-ed form of Freemasonry similar in many respects to the "Ineffable Degrees" of the Scottish Rite (4 -14.)
Higher levels are afforded by the "Amaranth" and "White Shrine" bodies but it stops short of "The Royal Secret" in both cases.

Important things to always keep in mind, as Grand Commander Albert Pike states in Morals and Dogma, there is no such thing as "Regular Freemasonry" it is intended to be irregular and expected to evolve and adapt over time.

Yes - The Eastern Star is Masonic, CLEARLY.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS

Really, then why don't I see a woman driving those cute little vehicles? Masonry being only male.

Reality check time? I think so.

Next.

Do you have anything to add to the conversation?

"Clearly? To who?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Brother Intrepid - even for a Freemason you are mind-numbingly trite.
Take your golf-cart fettish to Below Top Secret please.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Eastern Star as far as I can make out is a co-ed form of Freemasonry similar in many respects to the "Ineffable Degrees" of the Scottish Rite (4 -14.)
Higher levels are afforded by the "Amaranth" and "White Shrine" bodies but it stops short of "The Royal Secret" in both cases.

The link df1 posted gives some good info about the O.E.S. It is an "Appendant body" of Freemasonry; an organization for Master Masons as well as the close female relatives of Master Masons. The presiding officer is a woman, whose title is "Worthy Matron." There is also a "Worthy Patron" who is the highest ranking male officer.

The Order of the Eastern Star does NOT confer Masonic "degrees" It confers the five degrees of the Order of the Eastern Star, based upon five females from the Bible.

The Order of the Amaranth and the Order of the White Shrine of Jerusalem are very SIMILAR in structure and purpose to the Order of the Eastern Star, but they are not "higher levels" At one time the WSJ and the OA drew their membership FROM the O.E.S. but that was dropped by both groups early in the 20th Century.

The OES is NOTHING like the Ineffable Degrees of the Scottish Rite, though...not by a LONG shot.

Regards,

Senrak
Past Worthy Patron (1991-92)

[edit on 28-8-2005 by senrak]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Brother Intrepid - even for a Freemason you are mind-numbingly trite.
Take your golf-cart fettish to Below Top Secret please.

I find it amusing that you didn't reply to my logic, ie: ladies on carts. I think to myself, WHY? But logic dictates, because you have NO reply.

BTW, I'm not a Mason, just someone tired of the BS.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I didn't mean to get a fight started......and thanks for all the response, I did read most of the links. What I can't find is the meaning of the symbols on the ring??? any help on that? And I do plan to put my parents to the question in the morning as to wether or not my grandfathers were Masons!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'd think that its likely, in my understanding as an outsider, that if a woman is in Eastern Star, then she is married to a man that is a Freemason (and apparently he may also be in the eastern star). What symbols were on the rings?

This is a big symbol for them
p

This page
www.la-mason.com...

Has an explanation of some symbols

Butterfly - for their beauty; as the butterfly emerges from its cocoon, we are reminded of God's promise of enternal life.
Circle - It has no beginning and has no end. Our life, even our words and deeds are like a circle.
Star - Just as the Star in the East led the three wise men to Bethlehem so may it guide you on your journey; may it support you as a beacon and safe haven as you give yourself in Service to the Order of the Eastern Star.

Here is a page with some of their jewels
www.phoenixmasonry.org...

Here are two links to pics of some rings
www.happyglassfraternal.com...
www.happyglassfraternal.com...

Here is a page of sites that provide the rings
www.masonicluxuries.com...

I am certainly no expert, but I think that the ring might have some 'encoded' information, such as the lodge or district or whatever jurisdiction they were in, or perhaps any additional symbols that denote a particiular sub-association or group within the eastern star, etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Holy crap. I never thought I would see the day that Intrepid denies the association between Masonic bodies.

But that day has come. And it just shows what do you get on a conspiracy board for asking questions! Not questions like: "What is the Eastern Star?"
More like

"Whats with all the pentagrams, and why don't I believe what they tell me directly?"

Well, the reason you don't believe what people tell you directly is because there is obviously a discrepancy on whether you are an 'insider, or, outsider'. And its not like they can come out and admit it.

So on to the pentagrams. All the colors, and tiny symbols are there to distract you, first off. In this case, its to do with the rituals of the Eastern Star, a little group astral, if you will.

The 5 points can symbolize your 5 senses, or your 5 appendages (neck,arms,legs), connecting together to make 'much more' of a vehicle.

So you can see the 'spiritual' aspect out in the open here, people.

The older you are, the less chance that you are going to grow a mind of your own, realize? So the average age being 60 something actually is not some sign of innocence. It means ALL their time is dedicated to their interests, and that they are probably disproportionately spend time recruiting/training the next generation, as opposed to doing what NORMAL people would do at 60.

Aah, the occult.

df1

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
akilles, I notice that you have a pentagram as part of your avatar. Given this fact , what should I conclude about you and your opinions concerning the Eastern Star based on your choice of avatar?

Just curious.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

check this link out! the eastern star is a masonic symbol of their Goat = Smitty!

It is some witty remark they make when courting females, " Oh you gonna get the goat now" "beware of the goat"

Also check out the ties to satanism!

Good luck surfing!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by irishmen3g

You can google anything you would like to know about the Order. It is not a secret society like most people seem to think. It is comprised of Masons and the women in thier families, their mothers, sisters, wives, daughters.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Strange no others have posted that usually do on the board so...

Eastern Star is what is known as an "Appendant" Body of Masonry. The ritual is based on Masonic Rituals and Allegory. Just as Job's Daughters, DeMolay, Rainbow Girls, and the different parts of the Rites are Appendant bodies of Masonry.

I would be willing to bet that PART of the creation of Easter Star was to get the wives out of our hair. It is also to allow the Wives to be part of Masonry and just as Masonry is to help good men become better men Eastern Star is of similar goals.

BTW for those who might ask.

Job's Daughters - Girls I am guessing about 12-20
Rainbow Girls - Girls 12-20
DeMolay - Boys 13-21

Since it is not pointed out much here.

You have the Scottish Rite AND the York Rite. Both of similar design.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by irishmen3g

A Freemasonic lodge is for men only, an Eastern Star is for the ladies , however a man must be present at all times during a meeting. Also, even though it is contradictory.. an Eastern Star lodge is also considered Co-Ed.

Probally, because a man must be present for any, and all meetings.

The man present during a Eastern Star meeting is a higher member , surely not an apprentice. Most likely a Marshall or higher .

Order of the Eastern Star Chapter

I hope I have helped. ~ Sher

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join