It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aleins freindly or not...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I think in the end we don't have anything to offer them, they have _extremely_ much to offer us, it wouldn't make sense for them to contact us as we'd just ask for technology and whatnot. They're taking their time, slacking off and basically studying us the best they can, so what if it'd go faster if they contacted us, it's not like they're not gonna find out 'everything' sooner or later anyways.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
No, they are not friendly. They are demons, fallen angels, who take the form of "grays" so people won't start going to church and believing the Bible. They know we Americans are so "scientific."

These beings have many qualities. Here are a few of them:

They lie.
They hate you.
They are very, very tricky -- clever, wiley.
They are powerful, especially to those who have no spirutual protection from them.
They are spirits who can manifest themselves physically, or they can indwell another person or animal.
They can take on any shape or form they want, also assume voice and mannerisms.

Through the art of witchcraft it may appear that you can control them. It's an illusion, another one of their clever tricks. You can wear all the demon catchers and draw all the circles and hexagrams you want -- if you think you're protected you're not.

Once you invite them into your life, it's really hard to get rid of them.

If you let them into your body by way of trance or by mind control, entertaining them in your mind as a friend -- they will take over your mind in the end and you will do anything to shut up their screaming voices. They will try to get you to do things like kill yourself and everyone around you.

Their ultimate goal is to kill you and as many others as they can. They will pretend to be your friend if they think they can use you to help achieve their goal of murder and mayhem.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Resistance - Why do you say that? That's a helluva lot to proport just for the heck of it. Why don't you give us a little reasoning?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
No, they are not friendly. They are demons, fallen angels, who take the form of "grays" so people won't start going to church and believing the Bible. They know we Americans are so "scientific."

These beings have many qualities. Here are a few of them:

They lie.
They hate you.
They are very, very tricky -- clever, wiley.
They are powerful, especially to those who have no spirutual protection from them.
They are spirits who can manifest themselves physically, or they can indwell another person or animal.
They can take on any shape or form they want, also assume voice and mannerisms.

Through the art of witchcraft it may appear that you can control them. It's an illusion, another one of their clever tricks. You can wear all the demon catchers and draw all the circles and hexagrams you want -- if you think you're protected you're not.

Once you invite them into your life, it's really hard to get rid of them.

If you let them into your body by way of trance or by mind control, entertaining them in your mind as a friend -- they will take over your mind in the end and you will do anything to shut up their screaming voices. They will try to get you to do things like kill yourself and everyone around you.

Their ultimate goal is to kill you and as many others as they can. They will pretend to be your friend if they think they can use you to help achieve their goal of murder and mayhem.

i think the problem with eschatology today is that there is too much speculation.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Resistance - Why do you say that? That's a helluva lot to proport just for the heck of it. Why don't you give us a little reasoning?

Well, you know, what do you want from me? I have reason to believe there is no life on any planet except ours. I can back that up.

I have reason to believe that fallen angels do in fact exist -- millions of them. And I can justify that also.

Based on what I know abouat fallen angels, I told you what I did about them. I can also justify that.

You may not like my source though. I've already been told on one thread, "How Does Creationism Explain" -- that the forum was only for the purpose of bashing the Creationists and that I shouldn't be there defending it. I guess that means ATS is not for believers -- only for atheists, evolutionists, New Agers, Cultists and the like?

If not, if I can be allowed to join in on these forums, I know a lot and I don't shoot blanks. I do my research and I try to make my points persuasively and clearly. Even if people don't agree with me, I don't care. I can take abuse. I'd like to be able to state my position. I'm confident enough in it that I think it will stand on its own.

Am I to be banished to the Christians only thread? Please can't I stay?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hmmm... perhaps you should take a fews minutes and read Extraterrestrials and the Occult Connection [from thothweb] -- which links extraterrestrials to Aleister Crowley (and even L. Ron Hubbard) and the cult of Lam.

It's definitely a different take, so those of you reading this thread might enjoy the angle it presents. (And I don't see where this has been posted to ATS before, so sorry if you've already seen it!)

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackholebrain
Hmmm... perhaps you should take a fews minutes and read Extraterrestrials and the Occult Connection [from thothweb] -- which links extraterrestrials to Aleister Crowley (and even L. Ron Hubbard) and the cult of Lam.

It's definitely a different take, so those of you reading this thread might enjoy the angle it presents. (And I don't see where this has been posted to ATS before, so sorry if you've already seen it!)

I have no doubt this is so. Absolutely no doubt. Alistair Crowley was Hubbard's mentor up until his death. Hubbard believed he was the incarnation of Satan (and he may have BEEN).

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Well, you know, what do you want from me? I have reason to believe there is no life on any planet except ours. I can back that up.

I have reason to believe that fallen angels do in fact exist -- millions of them. And I can justify that also.

Perhaps the fallen angels are the human race itself? Can you provide the justification/evidence you claim to have for your claims?

I guess that means ATS is not for believers -- only for atheists, evolutionists, New Agers, Cultists and the like?

ATS is not for believers because its motto is "Deny Ignorance". To believe something is to embrace ignorance.

If not, if I can be allowed to join in on these forums, I know a lot and I don't shoot blanks.

Well you just made a bunch of proclamations with nothing to back them up, so you're shooting blanks thus far unless you intend to provide evidence or reasoning for your claims.

I do my research and I try to make my points persuasively and clearly.

They may be clear, but as of now they are not at all persuasive because they have nothing to back them up.

Even if people don't agree with me, I don't care. I can take abuse. I'd like to be able to state my position. I'm confident enough in it that I think it will stand on its own.
Am I to be banished to the Christians only thread? Please can't I stay?

Personally all I care about is the truth, and you cannot learn the truth by making assumptions or holding preconceptions or prejudices or beliefs. You must surrender all such things to have any hope of seeing the truth, and as such, you have so far presented claims with nothing to back them up at all. Surely you don't expect anyone to just believe you on your word?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

ATS is not for believers because its motto is "Deny Ignorance". To believe something is to embrace ignorance.

Could you explain how this sentence makes sense.

I could go outside and look at the sky and see it's blue and then see a white puffy shape moving across it. I see this white shape and believe it is a cloud, so from your sentence since I believe it is a cloud, I have embraced ignorance.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No, you have a pretty good idea that it is a cloud. However, what if it is not a cloud at all but a disguised space ship? What if it is some hyperdimentional entity that is camouflaging itself as a cloud? What if clouds aren't even what scientists think they are? You can never be certain, but you can assign a likelyhood to the reality of something based on all the data that you have, whether it be logical, circumstantial, or otherwise.

However, if you assign certainty to something that is not certain, then you are embracing ignorance, because ignorance is lack of knowledge, and to pretend to know more than you really know is to accept personal delusions as "reality", to replace truth with lies and accept them as truth just because you want to.

So the best you can do is assign a high probability that what you see is a cloud, but you can never be absolutely certain, unless you think your perception is absolute and you cannot possibly be fooled, which would be another delusion if such were the case. So when you say "I believe it is a cloud" you are using the word believe differently than when someone says "I believe the Bible is dictated by God". In your case you're saying "This is most likely a cloud, based on my past experience and knowledge of atmospheric phenomena" (but to avoid saying all that, you say "I believe it's a cloud"). In the case of the other person, he's saying "I have no knowledge of who actually wrote the Bible, but I choose to make an assumption and pretend it's true without any evidence at all, simply because I want it to be true".

That's the difference. So anyone who follows any religion is embracing ignorance, because they are simply lying to themselves by accepting something as true without having any idea whether it really is. In that way they are essentially no longer questioning reality, they simply replace it with a belief system and pretend that it is true simply because they want it to be.

In that respect, if one is using a source to try to determine whether "aliens are friendly", and the usage of that source requires that you put blind faith in its authenticity, then you are not really interested in truth at all, and you are not any closer to finding out whether aliens are "friendly" or not at all, you are simply pretending to know what you really do not by BELIEVING that something is true, simply because you want it to be.

EDIT: Also as an example, consider the topic of "chemtrails". What if chemtrails are truly chemical trails sprayed over the population for some nefarious government purpose? In that case, many people who look up in the sky may think they are looking at clouds when what they may really be seeing is just chemicals which only look like clouds. Unless of course you redefined the word cloud as ANYTHING big and white in the sky...

So that's what I mean, you simply cannot be absolutely certain - if someone is, they are fooling themselves.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by lilblam]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Too many posts off topic, too much bickering, too little content, and repeated warnings to cease and desist.

Recipe for closure

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join