It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aleins freindly or not...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I am a "He" just for clarification. Perhaps, all my ghost issues are aliens trying to get my attention!?>

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
I am a "He" just for clarification. Perhaps, all my ghost issues are aliens trying to get my attention!?>

Cool,

I am too for the record.
but not on Sundays..... anything goes

Very possible buddy. I don't know enough about the field to give an opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Earthsister

I am having a hard time believing that you are in contact with

extraterrestrial. I believe that you think, and maybe have dreams on

communication with these beings and aren't being totally honest with your

self. We don't even know if the aliens really exist. Lots of speculation, that

UFOs are related to aliens but no real proof. So why is it that you say such

things. Don't get me wrong, I am not here to bag on you, it just sounds

totally outlandish to hear such a claim. Also I can't believe that aliens are

always good, if there are other civilizations out there they probably have

similar emotions to humans. Jealousies, anger, and despair. They probably

kill, fight, do drugs etc. You make them sound like if they where robots or

soulless. People make it sound like if they don't even use the bathroom. I

mean if they are biological beings they must have biological needs too.

They probably take $hits like the rest of the biological beings. Also the

people make the aliens sound like if they are something spiritual, just

appearing and disappearing from places. If this would be true then why

the need to construct Flying Saucers. Why not just magically teleport

themselves to earth if this last claim would be true. My suggestion to the

people of earth is respect these extraterrestrial’s, but don’t turn them into

gods. Remember what happened with the Indians and the Spaniards. They

adored them and got killed in return.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by Cabanman]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Cabanman....

Just because that is how it is here on this sad ass rock does not mean its the same every where. Perhaps there is a higher value of self with these beings,

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
Hey ES, what are your thoughts about destiny?

The reason I ask, and this is purely an example, no double meaning behind this etc, but lets say it is in Whompa's destiny to come across you at ATS because he/she is unaaware the he/she is an experiencer. Is it a fluke or some design at work?
I guess what I am getting at - is there a plan to awaken such experiencers at perhaps key intervals of negotiations so that then they can go on and make others aware etc?

Am I making any sense?

one_small_step

Yes, you make sense. You are right in your thinking.

I will write more tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
These concepts (good, evil, friendship) are reality to us. Isn't it just as likely that the next step in our evolution is to remove the I from this equation (Their ain't no I in TEAM). We haven't progressed much beyond interplanetary travel yet because the PLANET and ALL of it's citizens are not of one mind and one vision. The resources necessary to 'beat' the problems of Intergalatic travel (Gravity, TIME, our human life expectancy) would require ALL of the resources of this planet to be focused on this task.

Until we (HUMANS) progress enough to truly work WITH each other without secret agendas, and coercion (sp), it is NOT likely we will be out in the Galaxy trying to 'make friends'.

Simple questions now:

1) If I have no 'enemies', do I need 'friends'? (kinda a Yin/Yang thing - one can't exist without the other)
2) Imagine a world where conflict does not exist (no good guys or bad guys), then these concepts (good and bad) also would not exist. (again the Yin/Yang)

I don't know if I believe EarthSister or not (I'm a little iffy about the whole spiritual thing), but she and all here are entitled to THEIR individual opinions, and therein lies the issue. We see and percieve things within our scope of experience, not realizing that OURS is not the only scope of Experience in the Universe.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Cabanman, you points are very valid, but may only apply to a handful of species - who knows!

We are dealing with the many unknowns and many possibilities of existance and levels of evolution, the list goes on..... to infinity.

Some of these species may still use ships, others may not.

Not knowing really does suck, you're not alone.

Again, believing is up to you, just try not to apply everything you know to the unknown.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step

Again, believing is up to you, just try not to apply everything you know to the unknown.

That right there is the hardest part of the equation. All we know is who we are and what we have done to others in the past.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
Cabanman....

Just because that is how it is here on this sad ass rock does not mean its the same every where. Perhaps there is a higher value of self with these beings,

To have higher values is one thing, but to act all happy and soulless is another. I think that what keeps us here in this sad piece of rock is our diverse ways of thought. Our actions, sometimes positive or negative makes us into who we are. It keeps us from monotony. What a depressing world this would be if we all looked alike and thought and acted the same way. It would be like living the life of a stepford wife.

I imagine that if there are alien beings, they would live life up, that they would appreciate it as much as we do. They would have entertainment, would crack jokes, and share an alien beer, or something similar to this.
Aliens are not gods, they are biological beings who are probably like you and me. Yes they probably communicate trough ESP, but this we can do also, we just have to practice it to achieve it.

They probably fart, pee, and eat. They also probably watch they're version of MTV and see half-nude female Grey’s in thongs etc. They must have some sort of personality not all of them can think the same, that would be unrealistic. We want them to be this way, but I bet that they are not.

Now imagine him in an alien strip club or just having some fun in an alien water park. I doubt that all of this species is this serious, I mean the rest of them on their planet must be watching TV or somthing similar right?

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Cabanman]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
What if...

How they are represented in all these abduction case's is exactly how they are as a society?? Every thing you mentioned strip clubs, water parks, mtv, etc, etc those are all human inventions. Perhaps what they perceive as entertainment or relaxation is something we would'nt understand or associate with what we call entertainment. Look around at the various people of the earth. Compare your basic American teenager with an aboringal (sp?) teen. Do you think their lives run a parallel course? They are extremely different. The american teen does things the other has never even conceived of or even knew existed. And vice-versa. You cannot take one and compare it to the other. Its not possible. They (aliens) have reached this planet in a way that (most of us) have probaly never dreamed was possible so I would guess its not too far of a stretch to think of their own society in terms that could not be compared to our own.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well my personal opinion on the subject is this... Are we friendly? I think it would be a mixture because there is always someone in the crowd who is not friendly no matter where you are. on another note I think once they have seen what we have done to our planet they will jump back on their ship and hope that we never reach the technology needed to get to their planet...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Cabanman I think you mirror the opinion of many folks out there. But consider this - considering how long we've been on this planet (4 million years if you subscribe to modern evolutionary theory), and the advances we have made in our actual species, technology, spirituality, etc. What would our species look like in another 4 million years? Would we still want alcohol, drugs, strip joints? Would we still get drunk with friends on Friday night? I'm not sure. I'm not sure we could even consider what that society would look like? Imagine chatting with a cro-magnon man and trying to describe today's society.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree from the context of our current level of understanding - life would be boring without distractions, and we all have to take regular washroom breaks. Is it too fantastical to think that if the human race were to evolve for a few more million years that we would evolve into a species with a closed biological system that doesn't require the addition of further nutrients once the early stages of growth are complete? That we would evolve into more spiritual beings? Maybe, but my point is that it's beyond our current understanding.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I get the sense that aliens in general are neutral, with some evil (those which actively take a part in our civilization) and some are good (with those who rarely but sometimes take a part).

- Nazgarn

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Another thought...

Perhaps these aliens are just anohter undiscovered (or discovered but not disclosed) family of animals on this planet. They aren't more technologically evolved than us, more psychically. We are still top of the food chain therefore they pose no real threat to us. Rather, some humans do still die from them (like tigers, sharks, spiders, etc), but there is no real worry. Whether they are friendly or not is a different matter entirely.

- Nazgarn

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedeemingSpirit
Cabanman I think you mirror the opinion of many folks out there. But consider this - considering how long we've been on this planet (4 million years if you subscribe to modern evolutionary theory), and the advances we have made in our actual species, technology, spirituality, etc. What would our species look like in another 4 million years? Would we still want alcohol, drugs, strip joints? Would we still get drunk with friends on Friday night?

I am pretty sure that we would be doing the same old fun things. We have been doing them since the beginning of time. Why would we want to change and become emotionless? So what your saying is that the more we know the more we become soulless and non-fun beings? No! life just don't work that way.

People make these aliens in a similar way in which they portray angels. Always serious, always trying to change humanity's behaviors etc. This is just the human imagination gone wild, they have never seen an alien so they make them into something other than human. They change their characteristics and emotions and make them into a god like creature. Bogus! I say that If aliens do exist they cant be this uptight, it would make no sense, an intelligent animal always has it's personality. Look at Albert Einstein, probably the smartest man in the world, but always had time to crack a joke or have fun.

He also wanted to change humanity, but he wasn't awlays uptight about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The beings who come here are at work, and they treat their meetings with humans with the utmost professionalism and care. We are meeting the Albert Einsteins of their races, so to speak. They are individual personalities with specialties of profession and abilities, experience and knowledge, who together make a team that represents the best of who surrounds our planet.

Think of the highest committees we have on Earth of the lead representatives of our countries, meeting to make decisions for how to best handle their part in the dire matters of the people of a certain suffering area of the world. When they meet with the people, nobody is going to be drinking beer. They would be very serious and conscientious in how they make their impression on the people, with professionalism and intelligence and respect.

Well, the alien people who are here are "true" professionals, beyond anything we can imagine intelligence and knowledge to be. They have had their amount of time to accomplish what they are now, and we can only imagine what that is based on our own amount of time.

Back "home" in their "hotels" - their crafts parked outside of our atmosphere, the lead visiting beings hold serious meetings in court-like chambers daily with the utmost professionalism between each other, and with their own crews. They also relax and unwind in their own quarters and in community areas, socialize and have fun, but don't think "drunken"- they live work as the professionals they are.

Back home on their own worlds, just like here at Earth, there is a whole range of personality and profession, education, activities, fun, hobbies, difficulties, competition as in sports- mental and physical, politics, and family and social life. They get born, they grow, they love, they work, study, learn, play, marry, have children, feel pain, joy, happiness, sadness, regret, hope, they age and fail and they die.

One of the biggest differences between our visiting races and us, and almost all other races and us, is that our race capitalizes on the suffering of its own people instead of curing all our natural problems. This happened to us when we began to allow/cause the intellectual aspects of our self to excel beyond the spiritual (moral, not religious) aspect of our self, and as a result of the split, we used our scientific and technological abilities to create ways of exclusive power to use against our self with things like control of information, government conspiracy, slander, propaganda and mass weaponry.

[edit on 9/8/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
>'Look at Albert Einstein, probably the smartest man in the world...'

But basically unable to dress himself.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Now imagine him playing baseball or dunking a basketball. Or spitting some lyrics in an alien rap video.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey Cabanman - I wouldn't suggest that it's necessarily the case that evolution means boring, I'm merely suggesting that it would be very difficult to ascertain what 'fun' is given a few more million years of evolution. I think it's entirely possible that we can't today necessarily understand what fun would be in that future. I bet cavemen thought we'd be tossing rocks at passing birds for excitement until the end of time as well.

The other thought I had when considering what you had to say was this - given the fact that most accounts talk about alien life as being telepathic, who's to say they aren't cracking jokes? How do we know it's not all practical jokes - crop circles are really frat initiation rites for Cassini Universitie's Delta Gamma Quadrant Fraternity. Imagine the laughs these beings could be having... 'wait, wait guys check this out when I stick in the probe this way check the look on his face BWAHAHAHAHAA!!'

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I kinda doubt EarthSister is telling the truth, but its an entertaining and interesting charade none the less. Certainly a well thought out one, even if a bit hard to swallow. I'd chalk this one up with the La-Le-Lou-Le-Lo controlloing the government. Interesting and fun, but a hell of a long shot.

I think that aliens that abduct us are actaully just drunk collage kids (or their equivilent) who are screwing with us on a dare. I bet after they drop us off, their saying things like 'DUUUDE! I can't belive you did that to his ass!'

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join