It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA can't use danish Airspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Apparently CIA has used danish airspace to transport terrorists around the world. Well they can't do it anymore... or thats what the danish government says anyway

I found this story on Danish Radio which is one of Denmarks national tv/radio stations.

The story is on danish, but I have tried to translate it here:

CIA can't use danish Airspace
The American intelligence service CIA cannot use danish airspace when they transport suspected terrorist around the world.

Denmark has made it clear to USA, says danish foreign minister Per Sig Møller.

That happens after it has made clear that CIA several times since 2001, apparently in secret had used danish airspace in connection with transport of suspected terrorists.

It is against international conventions.

24 secret prisons around the world.
The information around the secret flights came in May when transport minister Flemming Hansen confirmed that a series of civilian aircrafts, that is put in connection with the intelligence service has, had flown in danish airspace.

The transport minister does say that Denmark knew the flight planes, but that the government did not know who was on board in the planes or what purpose they had when they reached the end destinations .

CIA is believed to have 24 secret prisons around the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
external image

Well that is a huge setback I mean where else could they fly Denmark is blocking everything. Maybe they can fly around it?

[edit on 27-8-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well. I might not be as small as you would think, since greenland would also come under danish airspace..

Not that I know why they would fly terorists over that :p

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Well that is a huge setback I mean where else could they fly Denmark is blocking everything. Maybe they can fly around it?

[edit on 27-8-2005 by WestPoint23]

Maybe its a principals thing, a nation trying to dissacociate itself from flights that may well lead to the torture of the people involved.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Maybe its a principals thing, a nation trying to dissacociate itself from flights that may well lead to the torture of the people involved.

I agree. By stating that the CIA can not fly through Danish Air Space, the Danish government is sending a clear message that they believe the flights are being used to carry out missions that may (or may not be) be illegal under international law.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I doubt that they would paint CIA on the sides of the jets.

How could you tell if it was a CIA flight or not?

top topics

join