It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Lights?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I don't know if this the right place to post this. Sorry if it's not. I was just watching the Loch Ness webcam hoping to see something as night falls. I think I did but i'm not sure. It wasn't anything to do with the Loch Ness creature, but more to do with lights. One seemed to be emerging from the tree-line on the left and then disappeared. Then there was one on the water which moved towards the camera. Then another one joined it from said tree-line for a while and disappeared leaving the one on the water.
I thought one of the light's may have been a boat so I waited until it came nearer to the camera. It did and sort of looks like light's in the shape of a square.
I've just joined this so i'm not sure how to upload pics (I got snapshots).
Can anyone help please. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
hi, welcome to ATS

you do have a bit of upload space here on the site for images
here is a link to a thread that explains how to get your image from your computer to your posts
www.abovetopsecret.com...
hope this helps . I look forward to seeing your pics .

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for the link and thanks for replying. I think I managed to upload one picture, but now i'm told the image file is too large??
Here goes:

Can I only show one picture per post?? Sorry for bugging you, i'm still getting used to this.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I just found out that most of the snapshots I took exceed the allowed amount (900kb). I don't know why this happened but I found one more picture that I could upload:

[edit on 27-8-2005 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That's not fair. The best pics are the ones that are too large. They show the second light appearing from the tree's and then going back in, then coming towards the camera. Finally, the last showed a good close up of the (square??) light's.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They look like boat lights to me in the pictures you have shown so far.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You can crop the images and that should reduce the size so that you can post them.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok. I've tried it with photobucket. I hope this works. Here goes
:

i8.photobucket.com...

i8.photobucket.com...

i8.photobucket.com...

i8.photobucket.com...

i8.photobucket.com...

i8.photobucket.com...

i8.photobucket.com...

Well there they are (hopefully). Sorry about all the fuss and waiting. Thanks to Pantha for the help

Any ideas what they are?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by redize
Thanks to Pantha for the help

no prob's glad you got there in the end

I'm assuming that these were snapshots from this webcam, as I'm pretty sure I've seen that sheep before!

www.lochness.co.uk...

(in darkness at the time of this post)

the webcam updates every 10 seconds, so I take it that thats the time lapse between each of your images?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'm assuming that these were snapshots from this webcam, as I'm pretty sure I've seen that sheep before!

the webcam updates every 10 seconds, so I take it that thats the time lapse between each of your images?

Yep, that's the same one with the time lapse. So any idea's? I could accept the boat solution but what about the light in the top left of the picture that goes in and out of the trees?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, I am not sure what they are to be honest, but i'm going to check back with the Loch Ness Webcam tomorrow to see if it happens again.

If something similar does happen again then I guess there's going to be a very logical exlpanation here.

p.s: Might even spot Nessie this time....hahahahaha.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
1) compress the shots to .jpg format from .bmp

2) check the webcam at the same times again each day to see if the lights are boats that usualy come back around the same times.

3) if they don't perhaps it was a ufo(s)

a) Maybe the ufo's were interested in finding more about the loch ness creature (ie DNA sample for cloning?)

b) although i doubt that the lights were real alien craft, theres always a
perhaps

good find

=Drake=

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hi drakefist, thanks for the reply. I'm new to this sort of thing (Internet..
) so i'm not familiar with resizing images. I'm definately going to check Loch Ness cam again, oh and thanks for the heads up about checking at the same time for routine boat passes, I didn't even think of that. Good one

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There was supposedly a ufo crash witnessed there in the past the link is below.
There have been quite a few sightings in that area in the past.
www.lochness.co.uk...

[edit on 28-8-2005 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
There was supposedly a ufo crash witnessed there in the past the link is below.
There have been quite a few sightings in that area in the past.
www.lochness.co.uk...

Cool link, thanks for that. I've not heard of anything like that in Loch Ness before.
I'm not sure I fully believe it though because if you check the site they have obviously doctored images of godzilla type creatures emerging from the lake, with titles of the images reading similar to "Exclusive!!".
I think maybe the site is a bit tongue in cheek, but good on you for finding that article.

[edit on 28/8/2005 by redize]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
When thinking about this, it springs to mind that it could be "Earth Lights" as the Great Glen and loch ness is an ancient fault line. They are also seen around ancient sites such as burial grounds. I think earth lights were once used as an explanation of the "original" sighting in 1947.

(I referenced dec 2002 UFO Mag fo this if anyone else has one, it has a lot of pictures of similar objects)

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
When thinking about this, it springs to mind that it could be "Earth Lights" as the Great Glen and loch ness is an ancient fault line. They are also seen around ancient sites such as burial grounds. I think earth lights were once used as an explanation of the "original" sighting in 1947.

If these don't turn out to be boat's then they could well be Earth Light's. I think I heard about these lights when I was younger. Don't they have something to do with the Jack O'lantern myth?
I could be wrong, it was over 15 years ago (god that makes me sound so old
).

Are you referring to the 1947 Roswell Crash? If so, then that would've been some display of "earth light's", don't you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
earth lights..?

The lights of lost souls, I doubt even if that mith was real they would show up on a camera.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
yeah ive seen these "lights" many times on the lochness webcam and there bizzare. Many months ago i captured a picture of one during the night and a picture of daylight, and over lapped them on psp and faded the nightime one to see just where the lights where comming from, and it wasnt the water, the light i captured came from just above some trees.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That's what I was thinking. The light on the water could well be a boat, I have no grounds to deny that. But what about the light in the tree's in the top left of the picture??

It does seem odd, I will admit. Does anyone know if there is a road that goes through the trees in the top there? It could possibly be car headlights.

Any help appreciated.

[edit on 28/8/2005 by redize]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join