It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H. P. Blavatsky, can this be true?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
A friend of mine has a copy of Blavatsky's "The Secret Doctrine" that I have been having a look at. Although I have heard some of what she is saying in other places, some of it seems either too good to be true or simply a bit far fetched!!

Does anyone else know something I don't about Blavatsky? The complexity of what she writes and the circumstances she wrote it in do seem to indicate that she is on to something but it is still all very hard to believe!!

What is Blavatsky usually thought of? Are other mystics or mediums saying similar things?This is all stuff I could really get into but I would really appreciate some more experienced opinions!!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
www.theosociety.org...

Here's a link to the book if anyone's curious!!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well Adolph Hitler certainly thought she was interesting. Within her work he found support for his racist views. But people who feel her work is valid like to say that Hitler perverted her intent, which does seem rather likely.

I found her to be an interesting bridge between a lot of very old stuff and the beginnings of modern occultism. She was very influencial on Crowley who's work I find much more accessable.

That was mostly how I studied her, as a link in the chain leading up to more modern thinking. There certainly is some interesting stuff there but like all really old works you have to wade through some ideals that are no longer accepted. You also have to deal with the secrecy that was a part of the times. Back then they were very big on the idea that only the select should know all of the truth. So books would hit some of the main points, but leave other things to be taught only in person.

Personally I like the way most people do these things today. Put out the whole truth, at least as much as a beginner can handle.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
When the teacher is ready to learn, the student will appear.
It is my view that she must have known some esoteric knowledge that was valued and pursued by others, just based on her following. I believe that she could have had experiences which were supernatural, and that her knowledge could be from those.
Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to wade through 99 pages of dreck to find one diamond? That is what I seem to find. Sometimes I will read a whole book and find a single point which I felt added something to my knowledge. It is common for some to dismiss someone's point because they disagree with that person's other views, but I never do. I can be at odds on every subject with someone, and yet they could offer me a key piece of information that I'd miss if I didn't listen.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Sometimes I will read a whole book and find a single point which I felt added something to my knowledge.

I know exactly what you mean. To me your attitude is the sign of a strong mind, one that is willing to gather knowlege without expecting someone to hand it to them on a platter.

So many people seem to expect that somewhere, someone knows all the answers. In my experience this is not the case. Far too much of what is written on this subject is covered in myth and human ignorance.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Weak minded is a term I know well, from experience, I hear it far more often than I hear strong mind. I like to think that there are a few things which I have learned that have strengthened the grey matter. But even more than that, I aspire to have a strong heart, like Gandhi, or Mother Teresa, or Buddha. I feel that even if my body is strong, and my mind is strong, if my heart is weak, the rest is worthless. Though if my heart is strong, my mind and body don't need to be all that strong.... took me about 33 years to decide that.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
To become a student of Lucis Trust, one has to read all the Blavatsky's works, and I have been there done that.
First of all she was a grossly overweight chain-smoker, BUT the only woman who was allowed to stay in the Tibetian monasteries for as long as she wished, and had access to the highest of arcane wisdom of the Tibetian monks.IOW, every question she asked was answered for her.
I found it very intriuging that a Russian woman was given permission for any/all wisdom the 1800's from any source she wished.
The root races she speaks of have been accurate to this point.
She also tells us that older souls are responsible for new souls to help them create karma.That is a most difficult thing to do for me...

[edit on 13-9-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Madam Blavatsky's and Theosophy.....

The founder of Theosophy was Helena Petrovna Blavatskaya, known to her followers as Madame Blavatsky or simply “H.P.B.” Born in Russia in 1848, she was the daughter of noble parents, granddaughter of a princess and, through the Dolgoruky family, a descendent of the 12th century saint, Michael of Chernigov.

In her youth she rejected Orthodox Christianity and, in fact, proclaimed “a venomous hatred of Christianity” throughout her whole life (Marion Meade, Madame Blavatsky: The Woman Behind the Myth).

read more...
www.fatheralexander.org...

IX
helen

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Secret Doctrine is true. It was my first real breakthrough. I refer to it still.
The only other book I have found to be really useful is "The Origins Of History And Consciousness" by Erich Neumann. This is the book that lifted me up from simply reading and remembering facts in Blavatsky to understanding what she was hinting at and also how to make practical use of occult knowledge.
I've also read Morals And Dogma, and while I find many interesting things in there, I only found one thing that I thought was hinting at the real deal.
I have never found anyone that had any comprehension of any of this.
I believe it is rare to know this stuff even though the ones at the top are constantly trying to spread the information.
It is truly a secret hidden in the open.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
On two different occasions, involving two different people, I have told the truth to these two people point blank and they both were put to sleep.
I have literally told two people the truth of this matter and they were both put into a state of drowsiness.
I'm not talking about babbling on and on for hours.
I mean I was talking to them for about 5 or 10 minutes, revealing to them the true reality, and they both were blinking their eyes, yawning, and one of them actually fell into a slumber.
It is as if this knowledge was too much for their consciousness to stand.
They both chose the path of least resistance, which was sleep.
They both were put into a state of sleepiness as their minds could not comprehend.
I have known these people for many years and consider both of these people to be intelligent and above average, yet they could not grasp what I was telling them even though I was telling them in the simplest terms. It was as if I was telling a person that 4 + 4 = 8 and they just could not get it. I think they both are very consumed in their daily lives with their occupations and material responsibilities.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
before i even went into the Army, at 17 yrs old, i had read her stuff,
along with Crowley...and a bunch of philosophers including Hegel...

the only thought that has endured is that of Hegel,
the others works have faded in conscious thought...
but all those i've read, must still have a foundational significance in my mental landscape

in fact, this has nothing to Mme Blavatski per se...
but i'm considering a new apartment to lease,
but i have a strong impression to 'dowse' the place
before i make the 1yr lease commitment

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The Secret Doctrine and Isis Unveiled by Blavatsky are not only good reference books for understanding the beginning of the Theosophical Movement of the late 19th Century, but they do actually contain gems of truth.

Unfortunately, those tiny gems are hidden behind thousands of pages of banter.

I agree that Blavatsky is not very accessible for this reason. Even Crowley, who tended to hide truth in layers of allegory, methaphor, Alchemical Symbolism and Kabbalistic Gematria was infinitely more accessible.

I guess a good comparison would be that after years of study of The Secret Doctrine and Isis Unveiled I walked away with 35 pages of worthwhile notes. After reading Crowley's Book 4: ABA I walked away with ten times that amount in notes.

However, if one needed a gateway text to Modern Occultism, a good introduction to get people to open their minds to non-traditional/non-dogmatic ways of thinking, then both the Secret Doctrine and Isis Unveiled serve that purpose well, although personally I'd recommend Manly P. Hall's The Secret Teachings of All Ages, looking back. You'd get far more information and gems of truth with far less to read (and pretty pictures too!).

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I have been wanting to read some of her work for some time now , perhaps this thread may be the inspiration that I need to finally read some of her work .

I am wondering if anyone who has read her work has also read , The Secret Teaching of All Ages by Manly P Hall and if so are the two works similar ?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

This must be a fascinating truth. Could you consider to share it with us? I'd like to either fall asleep or reach enlightenment

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum

This must be a fascinating truth. Could you consider to share it with us? I'd like to either fall asleep or reach enlightenment

Fascinating is not the word.

I can not tell you explicitly. Nobody will talk in PUBLIC about it without veiling it.

Remember Jesus? He talked in public, in parables, and STILL the Jews compelled Roman soldiers to arrest him.

Rome did not fear Jesus. No. Rome did not fear Jesus.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

truth today is not as dangerous anymore as 2000 years ago. Many Yogis came out with secret knowledge. I think that is needed very much to heal and to give others some techniqs to grow.

If you feel insecure though about your truth, or your teachers told you to keep it hidden, i suppose you should keep it hidden. If not, imho you should get it out one way or the other
peace

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am going to start the secret Doctrine next week. I believe there are more hidden gems than people are letting on, even in the first two stanzas i have read already there were a few good points. I think this book is a good read if you already hold some knowledge.

Thanks for the mention of the Manly P Hall book, i will most certainly take a look at this.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Gee I was really hoping for more of a discussion on this book .

This thread has however helped me make up my mind , I will read it .

Unfortunately there are two books that are before this one in my reading list so unfortunately Blavatsky is going to have to wait a month or so .

However , if anyone who has read this book and would care to share there two cents worth , please feel free to do so .

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TOGee I was really hoping for more of a discussion on this book .

However , if anyone who has read this book and would care to share there two cents worth , please feel free to do so .

My $0.02 on all of H.P. Blavatsky's works, including Isis Unveiled and The Secret Doctrine, is that they were monumental works that pioneered Western Research into not only into Eastern Mysticism but Western Mysticism. Although they were written around the time of the French Occult Revival that started to open the Western Esoteric Traditions from their shroud of secrecy, Blavatsky's form of Theosophy bridged the East and West to form a more Universal System that utilized both.

For the Late 19th Century her works were invaluable, and had no comparison until many decades later with the advent of The Golden Dawn.

However, by 21st Century standards, her books have become grievously outdated.

After the Veil of Secrecy that Blavatsky lifted on these subjects, they were no longer reserved for the few. They became open for any to study and explore...and eventually expand.

After several generations, one can find these once secrets far more accessible and readily available in so many forms in so many places, with far more clarity, understanding and insight than was available to Blavatsky, even with communication from the "Hidden Masters".

I guess one could equate it with a manual on Telecommunications. Living in the 21st Century would you rather learn about Telecommunications from a 19th Century book written when this technology was first published, or would you rather learn about Telecommunications from a 21st Century manual that included everything we have learned about the field since then? Far too many advances have been made in the 130+ years since Alexander Graham Bell's initial experiments in this field. Nothing that Bell wrote would pertain to VOIP, Satellite Radio Packets, Fiber Optics, or any of the other advances we have made in leaps and bounds since Bell.

I still keep deluxe leather bound editions of H.P. Blavatsky's works on my shelves. However, after reading them but once, I would never bother to read them again. The only reason to do such would be for nostalgia sake, or for historical reference...not for learning.

If you have never delved into the Western or Eastern Mysteries before and are a complete novice, then you will walk away from reading Blavatsky with more knowledge and wisdom than you had previously. However, if you already possess such, then you'd be taking a step backwards rather than forwards by reading her works.

(If you do read The Secret Doctrine or Isis Unveiled, be sure to get the Unabridged Version of 3 and 2 Volumes respectively. The Abridged Single Volume Versions do not do them justice.)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion . You also bring up a very important point when you rase the matter of a time frame as a means of putting the work into perspective .

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Max_TO]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join