It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's most free country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i was just wondering which country in the world gets the title of
"Worlds most free country"

has any one got any ideas, and reasons.

im not sure wat site to look on to find out
so maybe sokme of u could know?

ed to correct spelling in title

[edit on 5-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's all relative nowadays. If you're talking about "most" free, it's probably America...but then I'm not sure anymore.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
hmm yes i didnt think so

D

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
On paper it's probably the US, but in practice I'd have to say New Zealand or one of the Scandanavian countries.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Antarctica is the world's most free country. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i believe it is Norway thats the most free country in the world. or was Norway the most happiest country in the world? let me chek.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have here an article from the Backwoods home magazine talking about the least free country. It is quite interesting, here it is.

Here’s a quiz: Which is the freest country on earth? The answer’s easy. It’s the United States. Ask anyone. And why are we the freest? Not because we’re the richest. Long before we became the world’s richest nation we still regarded ourselves as the freest, and millions flocked to our shores to enjoy that freedom. The reasons we are free are: First, because of the philosophical basis upon which this country was founded. It is assumed that individuals have rights, e.g., free speech, the right to bear arms, the right of a jury trial before our peers should the government try to imprison us, seize our property, or deprive us of our lives, etc. Second, we have a Constitution that limits the powers of a central government to intrude into our lives.

www.backwoodshome.com...

mod edit cut and paste of entire article and added link

[edit on 29-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
sounds more like an opinion than fact. might as well as say North Korea is more free than America.
and Stalin killed more people than Hitler's Germany killed the Soviets.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would like to know why americans think that their country is the most free. What makes america more free than say the uk?

top topics

join