It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus born on 9/11......3 B.C.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have found a really good article. It also has an explanation of why the birth of the Christ is celebrated on Dec. 25. and of what significance Dec 8th is to Catholicism

Interesting and very plausible it makes it case to be.

What are your thoughts? Sure make 9/11 2001 seem odd?

A confirmation of this time is in the book of Revelation. Historian Ernest L. Martin consulted NASA lunar-phase tables and found the image of the heavens in Revelation 12 showed where the sun and the moon were, relative to Virgo, at the time Jesus was born, pin-pointing sunset of September 11th of 3 BC. It seems the moon moves so quickly it is "beneath the feet" of Virgo only a few hours every month. Moreover, the moon comes within two lunar diameters of Virgo's feet at the time of a new moon but once in 30 years.
The only such occurance any time near the birth of Jesus was on September 11th, 3 BC.

Most previous attempts at determining the birth time were based upon astrology and dating the Star of Bethlehem. No one considered 3 BC because that year had erroneously been assumed to follow Herod's death. However, Dr. Martin has proven that Herod did not die in 4 BC, but in 1 BC. Scholars are now generally accepting the new chronology for Herod, and this in turn has allowed the confirmation of the New Testament date for the birth of Jesus. Unfortunately, many churches continue to promote the critics' errors and
paganized traditions about the Nativity.

2000th lunar anniversary of the birth of Jesus was August 22, 1998

Mod Edit: Please use quote boxes rather than blocks of bold text.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Jesus was born on the 15 of Tishri. This is around the end of September or the beginning of October. Due to the lunar timing of the Hebraic calendar, sometimes it is as late as Oct. 8--and possibly as early as September 11 now and then. I don't have a calendar that goes back before 1 AD so I can't check the date you give.

So I'm not saying you are wrong, just pointing out something you may or may not be aware of. I think it is important to look at the feasts given by God in relation to Christ's life--after all, so far they are choreographed, so to speak, in synchronicity with those times decreed by God in the wilderness. And in Ezekiel, I think it is--I'll go check after I post this--God says that in the future (though I feel the future is now) that all people will celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

If you're not familiar with the traditions of the feasts, what they mean and their symbology--then I strongly recommend doing so. There's much understanding to be gained by doing so--and the specific purpose they were given is the same purpose for everything--the Christ~the Savior of the World!

Check this out for starters.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I always thought Jesus was born in or around springtime...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I always thought Jesus was born in or around springtime...

Well, He was! When He became the 'first begotten of the dead'--the time of His resurrection as the only Begotten Son of the Father! He had two 'birthdays' just as the rest of us will!

edsinger, there is a problem with the link you gave; specifically in reference to these statements:

In Luke's time, Yom Kippur was called three things: The day of the "Fast," the day of the "Purification,"and the day of "Redemption." Luke uses all three to identify the day Jesus was brought to the Temple.

And if there were any doubt that it was Yom Kippur, Luke tells of a woman named Anna who had been in the Temple for a "night and day" without leaving. There was ONLY ONE DAY A YEAR when a person could pray overnight in the Temple: Yom Kippur. All other days, the Temple was locked at sundown.

Luke 2:22-38 KJV:
22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord);
24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
33 And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.
34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

( I just posted the KJV, but checked many versions, plus the Greek)

First of all, Luke mentions Mary's purification--a very different thing than 'The Purification' which is the cleansing of the whole nation, for a year's worth of sins. See Exodus chapter 30 and Leviticus chapter 4.

Luke mentions fasting in regard to Anna--as well, she did not serve 'a night and day'--she served the LORD continuously--'night and day'--for the duration of her widowhood, that is, implied but not expressed.

Thirdly, the 'redemption' mentioned by Luke is not 'the day of Redemption' but rather the fact that Anna then went forth and told of the child's destiny to all those 'who were looking for redemption in Jerusalem.'

I truly believe the role Yom Kippur is to play in the Plan's fulfillment is yet to come--perhaps it is even the day He arrives to judge! I don't know for sure, but I do feel it must be around the time of the feast of the Ingathering, as well.

While we have been given the clockworkings of the cosmos for 'times and for seasons,' like all things, these must be secondary to scripture. I don't think the 'star of Bethlehem' can be assigned as any type of rare alignment in the sky--it surely was His star--a literal miracle that cannot be currently explained with man's knowledge.

The month of Tishri is represented by the scales, the sign of justice and judging--found between the virgin and the scorpion (which represents death).

In the 12 chapter of Revelation, it seems to be presenting imagery that identifies all those who are born in Christ--not a specific time of His birth. It is the birth of those who will inhabit the New Jerusalem. Because Zion is from the Seed of Israel.

[edit on 8/27/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38edsinger, there is a problem with the link you gave; specifically in reference to these statements:

Thank you. I just ran across that site and although it sounds plausible, I am not saying that it is true that 9/11 was the birth date. We all know that it was not Dec 25th and this article gave a reason why that is. Take a look around that site as there is other good readings there. I read the one on the council at Nicea and it seemed real good, and also reflective of what I thought that council was for......I will be reading more of that site throughout the day as time allows.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yes, that is a good site--I read some more of it myself.

I have been researching the actual day Jesus was born for some time. So far, the date of 15 Tishri seems to be the best choice--and odd that it would equate to conception being around the time of Christmas!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
another link you mgiht want to check is the census that was declared by the king and the reason why Joesph and mary were in bethleham and couldn't find room at any inns. makes sense to me that it would be done during the harvest season when food was plenteful for traveling which would mean in the late summer/early fall. it COULD be 9/11 but then it could be about 30 other days and 9/11 is the high range of those days

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That's true--but I was just now thinking about it, and--

The census required that families returned to the town of their birth (I guess the head of the family's birthplace). If this were so, then it doesn't seem that the overcrowding would be as concentrated around Jerusalem--Bethlehem, after all, is a day's journey even on foot from Jerusalem--but there were three times a year when all went to Jerusalem. These were the three feasts, and that could be another reason for the crowding--maybe the time of the census and the feast coincided. I need to do some more research now.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
We celebrate Christmas on the 25th because it is the celebration of Yule. It was changed by the Christians because they wanted to claim it for there own. It is a Pagan holiday that celebrates the winter solstice, on the 22nd and the days will be getting longer from there on out. This is why we have christmas trees, it is bringing an evergreen in the home to remind us that the harsh days of winter will be over in the spring.

I wish you people would get these things right in your head. Maybe the world would be a more forgiving place if you used your brain.

An harm none, do what thou will.

Blessed Be, LGM

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
We celebrate Christmas on the 25th because it is the celebration of Yule. It was changed by the Christians because they wanted to claim it for there own. It is a Pagan holiday that celebrates the winter solstice, on the 22nd and the days will be getting longer from there on out. This is why we have christmas trees, it is bringing an evergreen in the home to remind us that the harsh days of winter will be over in the spring.

I wish you people would get these things right in your head. Maybe the world would be a more forgiving place if you used your brain.

An harm none, do what thou will.

Blessed Be, LGM

Do not unto others that which you do not wish done unto you. Rabbi Hillel
Sol Natalis, the birth of the sun, the winter celebration of the days getting longer. A comforting thing, when people wondered if winter might not end this time, and needed the reassurance of proof that it would.
I have seen many sources credited as the reason for the Dec. 25th date, from Sol Natalis, to Mithra's birthday, to Yule, to Constantine's birthday...
Every culture that has cold winters seems to have a mid winter festival of some kind. Here in the Pacific Northwest the First Nations held winter dances, which, as far as I know, were their most important tradition of the year.
The church did of course claim dates that were sacred to the local faiths, as part of the expansion of their dominion, and a good way of successfully replacing the traditional faiths. Also, the cathedrals were often built on the regional pilgrimage sites, already held sacred by the local people.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The census required that families returned to the town of their birth (I guess the head of the family's birthplace).

actaully no, Joesph was from the house and line of david. That is why the went to bethlaham.. the town of David. People went to thier OWN town to register.. not neccisarily to thier town of birth. The Census was decreed by Ceasar Augustas for the whole roman empire and was the first one while Quirnius was governer of syria

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Does it really matter? We celebrate the birth of the Savior on Dec 25th, we all know it probably wasn't on that day, but in reality it doesn't matter, it just matters that we celebrate the Virgin birth.

The Christmas Miracle - Seventy-nine percent of Americans believe in Virgin birth!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am not stating that you should not celebrate Christs birth jus admit you stole it from the Pagans, along with easter, Samhain (holloween) and even thanksgiving (Abe Lincon moved it from September to November). Virgin birth? en.wikipedia.org...

There were quite a few of those claimed, antway where is the proof of that? I just wish you guys would get some Empathy, love and understanding for others that dont believe in your religion. Maybe seeing that your holidays were stolen from someone elses belief may be the start to you thinking about things...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunManI am not stating that you should not celebrate Christs birth jus admit you stole it from the Pagans,

Stole it is not the word I would use, reallocated is better. You can pick many days, just because they fall on an old pagan day doesn't mean it took over that day unless you actually are celebrating the 'new' reason. I do think that they were chosen to over write some but I am not sure of this, no of us are.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Does it really matter? We celebrate the birth of the Savior on Dec 25th, we all know it probably wasn't on that day, but in reality it doesn't matter, it just matters that we celebrate the Virgin birth.

While I agree it is very important that we believe and celebrate the Virgin birth--I can't help but feel it does really matter. If we celebrate Christ on a day that we know is not Christ's--that we are reasonably certain is all about Baal--the LORD's enemy--if we continue to do this after we know, is that okay? Or is it basically 'eating food sacrificed to idols?' Is it being loyal and faithful to He who Saves?

And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word. 1 Kings 18:21 KJV

Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal. Jeremiah 23:27 KJV

To know this thing, yet not correct our actions accordingly--does that demonstrate little regard for God--instead preferring our own comfortable habits? Is it right to justify our actions by saying, 'what's really important is _____'--instead of seeking out understanding of what is really important to God??

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What you say has merit, but how are we to know 'waht' day exactly he was born?

What I was getting at is that you dont hear things like BAAL and such on Dec 25th, it is world known as CHRISTmas. Although it is not the correct day (we think) but without knowing for sure, we can not change it.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well--even if we don't know what day He was born--but reasonable evidence says it wasn't Dec. 25--and that evidence points to Baal, Tammuz, Mithras, etc...
Even if we don't hear those names and it's called Christmas--that doesn't mean it is about Christ. If it is a lie, then those who set up that lie wouldn't be above stealing the name of Christ!

And what does it say in 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12?

Even if the truth is not absolutely known--rejecting what is not truth is still required by God.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
3 BC is problematic in one respect. According to the Gospel of Thomas (yes, I know it's not in the bible) It was Herod who cornered Pilate into killing Christ. According to that gospel, Pilate was friends with Joseph of Arimethea and tried to save Christ (actually you can read something relatively similiar in the cannonized gospels- Pilate clearly defies the Jews until they play the "no friend of caesar" card- a card that Thomas says was played not by the Jews, but by Herod.

I'm not saying one way or another, I'm just saying that I have heard it claimed that the Gospel of Thomas was known of, but simply believed lost to history until rediscovered in Ethiopia some 100 years ago or so. (correct me if I'm getting any of the details wrong).
So either the book and what I've heard are completely wrong, Jesus was crucified when he was 1 year old, or else Jesus was not born in 3 BC.

Interestingly, you said that a new moon crosses Virgo's feet every 30 years. Wouldn't that put the traditional 33 BC date dead on?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
3 BC is problematic in one respect. According to the Gospel of Thomas (yes, I know it's not in the bible) It was Herod who cornered Pilate into killing Christ. According to that gospel, Pilate was friends with Joseph of Arimethea and tried to save Christ (actually you can read something relatively similiar in the cannonized gospels- Pilate clearly defies the Jews until they play the "no friend of caesar" card- a card that Thomas says was played not by the Jews, but by Herod.
Are you referring to the G of T that is also known as 'the Secret Sayings of Jesus' or is there another one?

Interestingly, you said that a new moon crosses Virgo's feet every 30 years. Wouldn't that put the traditional 33 BC date dead on?
I don't think we are to look to the skies, in that manner, to determine these 'times and seasons.' I think they are important, crucial, even--but not in the sense of astrologic transits and what-not. Those are men's creations--the story of the world can be found in the mazzaroth (zodiac), that is, the story of the fall and the restoration--but this is told as the wheel turns in the sky, not according to planetary transits. From my understanding, the planets all represent the 'other angels'--hence they are all named according to Greek gods, etc.... except Saturn--Saturn seems somehow to represent Saturday, the Sabbath and LORD Saboath? (I don't know for sure). Although I say that, I don't attach any significance to that planet (although it is certainly gorgeous and mysterious!), or any other. I'm not sure if it's 'correct'--if it is, it is beyond my current sensibilities.

Anyway, I'm rambling. My point is, I don't think those should serve as our markers in this particular issue.

Also--I feel certain that Christ was crucified in 30 AD--the temple was destroyed in 70AD (at least that is the common belief, and the Jews are excellent record keepers) and 70 - 30 = 40. 40 years which corresponds exactly to the time of wandering in the wilderness under the leadership of Moses--and 40 always represents 'a time of testing' in biblical numerology.

Also, I don't hold with the assumption that Christ had a 3 1/2 year ministry--this is a figure arrived at from misguided interpretations of Daniel 9 (and one that hardly anyone questions, but still it is wrong!). Careful inquiry into the gospel accounts reveals that His ministry was just over a year long. First His baptism, then only two true passovers went by (there was a third--this was a passover created in a time of exile--not acknowledged by Christ, and He didn't attend), with the second one being the time of His sacrifice. The main support of this lies in the fact that an acceptable sacrifice (either for sin or for vow) had to be of the first year--and this first year, as God's son, would have began with His baptism.

Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
Luke 3:21-23 KJV

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I am not stating that you should not celebrate Christs birth jus admit you stole it from the Pagans,

How could they have stolen it from themselves? Christianity has paganism as one of its roots. This is the reason these holidays are celebrated by Christians - they were never given up in the first place.

This is also the reason astronomical events (astrology) were important early on in the church.

The three wise men from the east were not actual men, any more than Jesus was an actual man. They were the 3 stars in the belt of Orion rising in the east. Bethlehem translates as 'house of bread' which refers to the month of August - harvest time, which is the 'house' of Virgo (the virgin).

Jesus' ministry lasted 1 year, which just happens to play out the complete Zodiac.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join