Terry Schiavo to be killed by the courts...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The latest news is despite a request for a hold by Gov. Jeb Bush, the courts have upheld the withdrawl of her feeding tube, which will eventually (and painfully) end her life.

God, isnt justice great

Terri was 26 years old when she suffered brain damage from a sudden collapse. Terri receives her food and water by means of a feeding tube. Terris other bodily functions are physically stable. Terri smiles, laughs and cries. Terri recognizes voices and responds. At times, she vocalizes sounds, trying in her best way to speak. Terri is not a brain dead vegetable as characterized by her husband and legal guardian, Michael Schiavo nor a houseplant as implied by his attorney. Terri is not on a respirator or any artificial life support. She is a living human being and needs to be granted an opportunity to recover. Terri has not had any progressive rehabilitation or arousal therapy in more than ten years.

In a trial initiated by Michael Schiavo, Circuit Court Judge, George W. Greer, issued a verdict delivered on February 11, 2000. Judge Greer granted authorization to discontinue Terris feeding tube. Judge Greers verdict will cause Terri to die in 10 to 14 days. Terris death will be by painful starvation.

www.terrisfight.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
retards!!!

That sounded bad. I'm talking about the courts decision; not Terri.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
MofF...

Tell me this isn't so.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It appears that it is headed that way... but there is a hearing with a Federal judge...

MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH
Federal Court grants hearing in Schiavo case
Husband orders wife removed from hospital despite severe illness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 30, 2003
11:05 p.m. Eastern

By Sarah Foster
2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A Federal District Court judge in Tampa has scheduled an emergency hearing in the case of Terri Schindler-Schiavo, a disabled woman whose husband has petitioned the courts to end her life by the removal of her feeding tube.

The hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2003, at the Federal Courthouse in Tampa.

www.terrisfight.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
From that rather biased article, it would have you believe that Terri is able to sit up and play Scrabble or something.... This is simply not the case.

Still though, I'll agree that it looks like Michael is out for some loot. Had he really wanted to just move on with his life, he would have sought a divorce...(seriously, 13 years is a long time to just hope...) personally, if I don't wake up in 3 years, better unplug me and let me pass.... The fact that he's actively hastening her death, is almost tantamount to attempted murder... Leave her the 700k, divorce, and then move on, and let her parents manage her care... But, he won't, because he wants the loot... Chances are, he'll get it too...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Since when do we let people just starve to death???

If someone is on multiple machines that are keeping them alive and by "unplugging them" they die right then is still a difficult thing to justify. Just ask "Dr. Death" Kavorkian himself. This is just straight up murder!! You can't just pull the feeding tube and let them die over 10 - 14 days!!!

Why isn't her Father, Brother(s), Uncle, etc...Confronting her POS husband and either beating his @$$ or telling him to just hit the road...or both!!

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ok, now say she was a brain dead thing that was hoping to one day be a vegetable then yes, I'd say pull the plug. But if the person will die by starvation since everything else in in working order, then no.

This should be stopped by the courts.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
New evidence suggests collusion between the husband (who has an ulterior motive for his wifes death) and the court appointed physicians...

Sounds like $$$ crossing palms to seal a womans death to me....

Has collusion been a factor in the Terri Schiavo case? Supporters of the disabled Pinellas woman think so.

Clearwater, FL September 16, 2003: Supporters of the Terri Schindler-Schiavo Foundation have uncovered a possible link to collusion in the legal proceedings involving attorney George Felos (representing Michael Schiavo) and the neurologist Dr. Peter Bambakidis (court appointed, independent, examining physician).

During the 2002 trials, the court ordered that two physicians would be chosen by Michael Schiavo, two would be chosen by Bob and Mary Schindler (Terri Schiavos parents) and one would be appointed by the court as an independent examining physician. All five physicians would later give testimony to the condition of Ms. Schiavo. The independent physician, Dr. Peter Bambakidis of Ohio, would testify in favor of Michael Schiavo in that Ms. Schiavo was in a persistent vegetative state and without hope of recovery.

Supporters of the Terri Schindler-Schiavo Foundation have learned that Dr. Bambakidis and attorney George Felos may have had a personal relationship prior to Dr. Bambakidis being assigned to the case on April 24, 2002.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Terry Schiavo now sentenced to death thanks to her husband bent on getting the $700,000 and his new girlfriend.

What a #ing asshole.

Judge will not delay feeding tube removal
By Mitch Stacy, Associated Press Writer, 10/8/2003

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- A state judge refused Wednesday to delay next week's scheduled removal of the feeding tube keeping a severely brain-damaged woman alive.

Terri Schiavo, 39, is at the center of a long legal battle between her parents, who want her kept alive, and her husband and legal guardian, Michael Schiavo, who says she never would have wanted to live by artificial means.

The parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, had asked Circuit Judge George W. Greer to delay removing the tube so they could appeal his decision denying therapy that might determine if their daughter could eat and swallow on her own.

www.boston.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Im an advocate for voluntary euthanasia, but this # REALLY pisses me off. Her husband is a lowlife piece oif #. If he were a real man, hed get a quiet divorce, return her to her parents care, the parents who love her, and move on, but he is a piece of # money grubber, a muderer.

I saw this woman on TV. While not totally there and recovered, she is alive, can see, hear, even smile when her parents come to see her. She isnt a vegatable, she can move around, see, ect. She is not a vegtable, and pulling her tube, that is cruelty and abuse.

The judge and doctors who advocated this should be tried for accomplice to murder. And, her husband should not be her legal guardian, I think in any case like this, I think legal guardianship, unless expressly written by the patient, should be transferred to the parents, because a spuse or lover cannot be trusted enough to handl;e something like this.

Her husband is beneath contempt, and should be tried for conspiracy to muder, or, at the very least, should be denied that 700 grand.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
They removed her feeding tube today.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031016/ap_on_re_us/comatose_woman

-B.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Starving her to death so that her asshole husband can marry his new girlfriend with the $700,000 he and Terry had accumulated....

Nice guy.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm not overly familiar with the case.

But I know that the cessation of feeding when someone has lost the ability to swallow is a far more common treatment than many people would know, around the world. Especially for elderly Alzheimers sufferers. Nil by mouth, no food, no water...

Accompanied by morphine, it is endorsed by most of the medical profession as a perfectly natural way to make your exit.

It can be a shock when you first learn of it (as it was for me) but it is practised in most of the world as a less intrusive and painful option in many cases than tube feeding.

Which says nothing for the case of Terry S, but I just put it up here as the reality that obviously not too many people are aware of...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have no doubt of that practice. What pisses me off is that the husband is doing it this way so that she dies as his wife (even though he has had a child or more with another woman since his wife entered this state) simply so that he inherits all the money they collected together.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thats absolutely terrible. "10 - 14 days" Thats absolutely sickening. I can't even begin to explain how bad that is. Cant the a-sses find a better way to end someones life.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
a less intrusive and painful option in many cases than tube feeding.

umm me knowing about tube feeding, know its not painful, not anymore than any surgery.

only hurts for 2 days maybe, when you get hungry with one it burns around it and does hurt.

the fact its just being capped with no morphene or anything it will hurt constantly after 2 days and she wont die till 22 days or so, when i got a tube i didnt eat for 8 days(2 before and 6 after) and i only weighed 54 lbs, according to her weight it'll be way more than 14 days.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Jeb Bush launches last ditch legal effort on the part of the family...

Wednesday's removal came just hours after Bush told the Schindlers that he was instructing his legal staff to find some means to block a court order allowing Michael Schiavo to end his wife's life. But even the family's lawyer has said their legal remedies have been exhausted.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
..no court order involved,they freeze too,are simply murdered or die of old age.
There are much bigger things to deal with in the US,stories like this are just to distract people from the obvious disaster that will soon be upon us.
Blame the Federal Reserve,the ones in control of our government and courts and money.
Money.
Money.
Money.
The US is being wrenched apart and destroyed from within,piece by piece,person by person.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
..no court order involved,they freeze too,are simply murdered or die of old age.
There are much bigger things to deal with in the US,stories like this are just to distract people from the obvious disaster that will soon be upon us.
Blame the Federal Reserve,the ones in control of our government and courts and money.
Money.
Money.
Money.
The US is being wrenched apart and destroyed from within,piece by piece,person by person.

umm ok, thats not even what this is about

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I wouldnt call this a distraction, Unbalanced.

Homeless people seldom starve to death, they may not get enough to eat, but they at least have the capability of finding food, ebcause we have food, food banks, homeless shelters, ect.

The principal here, is that the courts have allowed a husband to murder his wiofe for money. The point here is human scum at its finest, a man, who wont be a nice guy and simply divorce her and leave her to the care and love of her parents, but is after the money. And is willing to put her through a horrid painful death to get that money.

I have seen her on TV. She may not be running amok, but she is aware, she is responsive, she can smile, recognize people, and is still aware and alive, and her husband should not have any say in this. She is not an unconcious vegetable. She is alive and aware.

And she cannot inform people of what she wants. She is being sentanced to a slow a horrible death.

Her rights are being violated, here is an example of your postings about losing rights. She has lost ehrs, and her parents have lost thiers.

Ultimately, they should have the final say, the courts, the corrupt courts, should not.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join