It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Air Strikes Destroy Iraqi Al Qaeda Safe House - Reports Up to 50 Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A terrorist safehouse in Al Anbar, the western region of Iraq has been hit by coalition jets in multiple strikes. The building was destroyed and it is believed that up to 50 Al Qaeda militants were hiding out inside. it is understood that local residents reported to the coaltion ground forces that a large number of terrorists had gathered in the abandoned building located on the Syrian border.

www.theage.com.au
Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, is the second most-wanted terrorist on the US list after al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"Iraqi citizens reported that approximately 50 terrorists were in the building at the time of the air strike", the statement said.

The "known terrorist safe house" was destroyed by Marine F-18D Hornets using a combination of precision-guided bombs and rockets, it said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is breaking news at present and hopefully as time goes on I will get a better source link to the story.

It seems from first reports that terrorists on the most wanted list, may have been inside the building when it was destroyed.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Seattle PI
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- U.S. warplanes launched multiple airstrikes Friday against a suspected "terrorist safe house" in the western Anbar province, destroying the building where up to 50 militants were believed to be hiding, the U.S. military said.

Coalition ground forces were alerted by local residents that a number of members of the terror group Al-Qaida in Iraq had gathered in an abandoned building northeast of Husaybah, near the Syrian border about 200 miles west of Baghdad.

The group is led by Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, the second most-wanted terrorist on the U.S. list after al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

"Iraqi citizens reported that approximately 50 terrorists were in the building at the time of the airstrike" which occurred at 4:40 p.m., the statement said.

Not too much news coming out on this particular attack as yet. I do wonder if they got anyone they classify as "big" on the terrorist list.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hmm I defintly think there were some top people there. I mean thats a lot of terrorists in one building there must have been something important going on.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It goes against terrorist doctrine to congregate in such large numbers but lets wait and see on that one.

With regards to whether Al Zarqawi was amongst the dead, how will you know after a damn airstrike has hit a house? If you are lucky to find any human remains how would you know they are of Al Zarqawi? Where did the Coalition forces get their DNA samples sets from?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
If you are lucky to find any human remains how would you know they are of Al Zarqawi? Where did the Coalition forces get their DNA samples sets from?

The answer is very simple. Pick up a glass that one of his relatives used or they could just as well pick up one of their used cigarettes the list goes on and on. Also for all anyone knows when he left that computer behind he may have left some of his DNA on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see a live video feed of the extraction of bodies from the bombing, before the censoring takes place. We have a history of counting babies and women as terrorists. Hope there weren't any in this one.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
it is understood that local residents reported to the coaltion ground forces that a large number of terrorists had gathered in the abandoned building located on the Syrian border.

praise allah ! thats great news.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
It would be interesting to see a live video feed of the extraction of bodies from the bombing, before the censoring takes place. We have a history of counting babies and women as terrorists. Hope there weren't any in this one.

Its stuff like this that turns my stomach. They hit a house of terrorists yet your crying about women and children? i doubt there were any but even so, why do you support terrorists?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
Its stuff like this that turns my stomach. They hit a house of terrorists yet your crying about women and children? i doubt there were any but even so, why do you support terrorists?

I beg your pardon Rikimaru? How the hell did he support terrorists with what he wrote? If you dont mind I find your assumptions offensive and completely unjustifiable.

He is talking about the tendency to count all the dead as "terrorists" which can also include dead children. It happend during the Afghan War and it has happend in the Iraq war. Saying that makes him a terrorist supporter is utterly contemptable and I think it violates the sentiment of Springer's thread. Dont do it.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru

Originally posted by kazi

kazi, i DON'T blame kids for the sins of their parents, nor do I blame wives for the sins of their husbands, BUT if women and children were in this building, and the terrorists knew they in the building, who do you blame for their deaths? The pilots of those planes, or the terrorists?

At any rate, this wasn't the local Rotary Club...it wasn't the local F.O.E. or a Moose Lodge...these were terrorists, okay? If they were having a "company picnic" and we bombed them, FINE! If it was a "job fair" and we bombed them, FINE! If it was a "Class of 2005" graduation ceremony and we bombed them, FINE!

OKAY???

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is blatant propaganda at best, did anyone else notice that "suspected terrorist safe house" was in quotations as if the reports were not verified ? A safehouse in Al-Anbar province huh? Well that's a large area with alot of towns.

It's amazing how one report can say "terrorist safe house", mention Al Zarquawi, and everyone talks as if they know this to be the irrefutable truth. As a matter of fact we have had a town in that very area under blockade for a week now, and this story would suggest that we might of actually hit some resistance fighters instead of civillians as usual.

Oh yeah and why was Zarqawi even mentioned? Anyone else notice how the name was just kind of lobbed in there with the rest of the "story" as if it had any relevance what so ever? Do any of you know that most people in Iraq doubt the existene of such a person?

This story just adds to the myth that Iraq's problems are a result of foreign influence and not the Iraqi peoples desire to not be occupied by a foreign power and ruled by a puppet government.

So the US bombed a suspected "terrorist safe house", oh and Zarqawi might of been there too, lots of al-quada there and what not, sure, sure, sure. Where is the evidence Where are the photos? What was the town? What are the specifics?

This comes as no surprise as we have had Amiriyat al-Fallujah blockaded for a while now which is in that province, oh yeah and we have been bombing them the whole time as well. Who knows, perhaps we hit another wedding again.

Last Al Quada safehouse and meeting the U.S supposedly hit
(warning link contains graphic images of death)

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
This is blatant propaganda at best, did anyone else notice that "suspected terrorist safe house" was in quotations as if the reports were not verified ?

So the US bombed a suspected "terrorist safe house", oh and Zarqawi might of been there too, lots of al-quada there and what not, sure, sure, sure. Where is the evidence Where are the photos?

exactly!

i recall that Ahmed Chalabi gave the USA a bunch of bogus intell too.

what about groups of people that want to do away with other groups...
consider the friction between the Kurds, the Shia, the Sunni, just among their Iraqi selves....that 'nest of terrorists' could very well have been
the feuding family & clan that was temporarily squatting at that industrial building...& some local clan decided to set them up,
with the US as the dupes to pull the trigger.

BTW, phoenixhasrisin got a way above vote

Salute

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
This is blatant propaganda at best, did anyone else notice that "suspected terrorist safe house" was in quotations as if the reports were not verified ? A safehouse in Al-Anbar province huh? Well that's a large area with alot of towns.

It's amazing how one report can say "terrorist safe house", mention Al Zarquawi, and everyone talks as if they know this to be the irrefutable truth. As a matter of fact we have had a town in that very area under blockade for a week now, and this story would suggest that we might of actually hit some resistance fighters instead of civillians as usual.

I agree, often when an air strike is declared the target is confirmed as a known hostile target. Really sucks when you get a tip and it turns out to be a milk facory or a school. This hasn't be the first "Propaganda" air-strike. Yet thier is never or little confirmation before, or after the strike since the areas are too dangerous for troops to be in.

I beleive it when they start pulling out the remainds and evidance of weapons or explosives from the building. The US govenment and the Bush Administration has lied too many times for me to belive them anymore

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Propoganda....BUsh lies...dead children...Blow it out you arse!!! This is about the War on Terror.
go find another thread to trash and destroy it with your own version of propoganda that is worse than believeing in the government when they try to show you that the war on terror is actually succeeding. The only child that may be found is the 15 y/o who has 3 years under his belt in war, not a 15 y/o board troll that wants to destroy a perfectly good news report that could wirld some awesome intel and results if top leaders of AQ or other organizations were killed. I don't want to see the bodies coming out, I am hoping we can recover intel on future operations. I hear Crawford Texas has a few openings for bleeding heart proganda kings....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
go find another thread to trash and destroy it with your own version of propoganda

Seeing as it was YOU that jumped into this thread with your vitriol, take heed of your own words. Also this is the News Forum, use decorum or don't post.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was defending a previous post and emulating what the previous poster had done. Did you even read the whole post before warning me?
I ask for a true debate and get knocked for it, what a B......

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
He is talking about the tendency to count all the dead as "terrorists" which can also include dead children. It happend during the Afghan War and it has happend in the Iraq war. Saying that makes him a terrorist supporter is utterly contemptable and I think it violates the sentiment of Springer's thread. Dont do it.

Would you care to actually back up your claim there Subz?.....

We need proof, not rumors.....

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
LMFAO! I knew it!....

For anyone who wants to hear the other side of the story check this out.
Same province, same body count...what really happened?

Al-Anbar Province.

Al-Qa’im.

American massacre in al-Qa’im. US warplane drops 500-pound bomb on children’s clinic. Fifty civilians killed, half of them women and children.

In a dispatch posted at 3:50pm Mecca time Tuesday afternoon, the al-Qa’im correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam reported that a short while before, US warplanes bombed a children’s health care center and neighboring houses in the as-Salman area in the west of the city of al-Qa’im, located near the Syrian border in western Iraq.

The correspondent reported witnesses as saying that the American aircraft targeted civilian houses and the children’s health care center in the as-Salman area with massive 500-pound bombs. The clinic was completely destroyed as were four nearby homes.

Some 50 local residents, all of them civilian, among them 25 women and children, perished in the savage air raid. At the time of writing, most of the victims were still buried under the rubble.

www.albasrah.net...

[edit on 31-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

[edit on 31-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well coming from the "Iraqi resistance report" we know it has to be the unvarnished truth

With a little luck we can wipe out every childrens hopspital, kindergarten, old folks home, etc in the country.....lol

Isnt it amazing that the US Army will ONLY attack buildings full of children? You would think out of the hundreds of thousands they claim we have slaughtered that at least ONE would been a terrorist.

Please

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well considering the first reports out were of AL Qaeda militants being inside it has been pretty silent since. If in fact they were terrorists, US forces would have called a victory and used the event to show the good guys winning as such. But no nothing, I don't even think this attack hit the main news feeds. So I don't know whether the turth or all details will be released for the public to work out for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join