It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if exorcisms are real, then why isn't the christian religion "real"???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i heard that exorcisms were real and recognized by the catholic church...

are exorcisms recognized by science???

if they are, then why isn't the catholic religion (a religion that teaches about exorcisms) "true"???

i mean, if an aspect of a religion (in this case, exorcisms) is recognized by science, why doesn't the entire world believe???

i know it is about faith, but science is science...

can i have any real answers that do not deal with faith???

thanks...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
are exorcisms recognized by science???

No.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
No.

now we are going somewhere...

then why does the church say that they are "real"???

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't know They See All. Someone more learned in Catholicism will have to explain that one. Though I know they don't formally acknowledge many demonic possession cases. They debunk as opposed to "excorcise" most.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
To cathics exorcisms are real, they do have rituals. And the bible does say we can take out demons. The question is if the exorcisms the cathics use is comeing from God and his power.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
science doesn't believe demons are real too (or has no way of recognising them), so it can't really have anything to say about exorcisms.
Does science believe in angels? Nope (or again, it has no way of recognising them), but most christians believe in them.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So called exorcisms are usually carried out on people with mental and psychiatric difficulties i.e schizophrenia. The catholic church use the exorcism scam to try and put across the fact the devils and demons exist so therefore God exists and only God can save you. A way to try and convert you to catholisism

G

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
LAWLZ

thats all I can say

You ever see those ppl in an actual exorcism? I could put on a better show imo!

Son, when you see your mother this weekened be sure to tell her I said " SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN!!!!!!"

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think it is propaganda. Perhaps related to this verse:

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:16-17 KJV

Because the catholic church says that unless you are baptized with their baptism, then you are doomed. Which is a big lie--based upon the teaching that baptism is for remission of sins--and Catholics baptize babies, who have not sinned and cannot repent nor can they understand repentance--on top of that, despite this all-important baptism as a baby, one must live a life that is basically in slavery to sin--always confessing, doing penance, hoping and praying that God just might accept them into 'heaven' when they die. The good news is, if He doesn't, then your relatives can buy 'indulgences' to shorten your length in purgatory. These of course, are collected by the church's official--in some cases you might receive a piece of a dead 'saint's' heart or brain as an added bonus.

YUK.

They seem to ignore this verse altogether (among many many others):

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:22-23 KJV

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
even if posession/exorcism could be proven to be real, that would not prove that christianity was real. there were demons before the birth of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
queenannie38...

i am sorry but i cannot take your post into consideration...

babies are supposedly born with original sin (the sin of adam and eve)...

the baptisms as a baby, will clean this sin...

and BTW, indulgences are not used anymore...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think the right question would be :

"Can science explain the phenomenon known as possession?"

and the answer is ...NO!

Exorcism is the "cure" for possession. Science can't explain either of them... and just because Science can't explain it, doesn't mean it can't happen or it is a lie ...

and on the other hand ?? what does exorcism have to do with the "validation" of christianity... there are plenty of other religions that believe in demonic possession and practice exorcism... Google it and you'll see...

In my humble opinion, this thread is just another failed attempt to "agravate" some of the christians that visit ATS...

probably for a lack of better things to do ..

[edit on 27-8-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
BaastetNoir...

funny...

i am a christian...

but i am smart and i test my religion and faith and i do not follow blindly...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

BaastetNoir...

funny...

i am a christian...

but i am smart and i test my religion and faith and i do not follow blindly...

You're a christina ... good for you ..I'm not... and I still dont get what does Exorcism have to do with the "validation" of christianity... i think they are totally different things.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
You're a christina ... good for you ..I'm not... and I still dont get what does Exorcism have to do with the "validation" of christianity... i think they are totally different things.

what are you???

anyway, i think, if one (of the many) aspects of a religion is true, then the religion must (or should) be true...

it is kind of like what ATS member "edsinger" is doing now...

he is showing that the archilogical aspects of the christian religion is true...

and so, if this is true, then many other aspects (or the whole religion) must be true...

this is just my theory...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One part would not validate the whole, nor does it disprove anything. However, the Catholic church is very professional about exorcisms now. Only about 1 in 20 cases ever get to the exorcism part. A team of doctors and shrinks have to give them a complete look over before the church will touch them.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiley_Wonka
One part would not validate the whole, nor does it disprove anything. However, the Catholic church is very professional about exorcisms now. Only about 1 in 20 cases ever get to the exorcism part. A team of doctors and shrinks have to give them a complete look over before the church will touch them.

thank you...

i like your answer...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

babies are supposedly born with original sin (the sin of adam and eve)...

the baptisms as a baby, will clean this sin...

Baptism is for repentance--and cleansing of sins. Babies can't repent.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well I know a man that saw one first hand. He was a missionary in Haiti.

He said that he saw a 12-13 year old girl scream in an inhuman voice and it made him very nervous. Next she picked up a bench with over 10 adults on it and flipped it causing all 10 people that were sitting there to fall on the ground.

5 Men had to hold her down.......prayer is what caused her to 'change'. When she awoke, she remembered nothing of the incident but the 50+ people there did.

I do not doubt this man one single bit..........

He prayed for something recently in my wifes presence and it came true within a few hours. I will not go into details , but when I found out about it I was like 'wow' because I had been praying for the same thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If Exorcism is real, that fact that a human can be Possest by a demon(or evil spirit. Shows that there is evil in the world. If there is evil, so there is good to. Exorcism are a jew,bible,christian back ground I believe, no other religion has rituals to take away evil spirits from huamans. Jesus Christ took out many demons in his age. If Exorcism proven to be real, it only validates the Bible even more. Besides what other religion have you heared that says they can take out demons???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join