It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ya bench?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just a thread to show off in.

Post how much you can benchpress, squat and deadlift. Also feel free to post any other one rep max numbers. Be sure to include your height, weight and age. Ill start, these numbers are from when I was in my late teens. I gained a little height and weight since then so I dont know what I can do now. Guess its time to back to the gym.

Benchpress: 205 pounds (93 kg) (free weights)
Squat: 275 Pounds (125 kg) (free weights)
Deadlift: 315 Pounds (143 kg) (free weights)

At 5 foot 7.75 inches (172 cm) and 157 pounds (71kg), when I was 17 and 3 months if I remember correctly.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Benchpress: 170lb

Squat: 185lb

Deadlift: Somewhere around 200, maybe a little less.

5 foot 6 inches 151lb

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I can bench press a cow.
I don't like to squat because then I have trouble getting up.
Dead lift? I don't like to lift dead things!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Bench Press: 135 Kilo's
Squat: No clue, but the machines I use for my legs are maxed out with 175 Kilo's, they let you lift the weights with your legs in a sitting position by stretching your legs and the other machine lets you push down the weights from a sitting position by bending your legs. Dunno if you know what I'm talking about. I did once go to another gym, where you had to lay down in a 45° downward angle and had to push the weights up like that, I pushed 150 kilo's on that, but it was making me kinda sick laying upside down like that XD especialy after a rather smelly chicken curry sandwich I had at noon.

Dunno what deadlift is really, probably has another name in dutch. Tell me what it is and I'll tell

And for abdomin, I curl with the max the machine alows, which is 175 kilo's also, I can pritty much do situps without stopping.

I'm 6'2" and 93 kilo's btw.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm 36 years old
6'1" 248 lbs

I bench 410 lbs (although some trouble with my rotator cuff has been making that painful so I may be forced to back that off)

I squat 370 lbs (knee and back troubles so I just use that to keep legs toned. Usually I can do a set of 15 with that weight)

Not sure about deadlift. I'm about half afraid it would mess up my back.

Thats what happens when ya get old, kids. The spirit is willing, the muscles are willing, the support structure says "WTF!"

But, I have been in weight training one way or another off and on for 20 years or better. I have been actively training again for 3 years now and was only throwing up 190 lbs when I started again 3 years ago. It takes time and patients and consistently working and knowing when to not work as well. I do each body part once a week to exhaustion and thats it. One can get a good work-out in under 1 hour. I used to train for sometimes 3 hours a night in college. I never could bench more than 260. I was defeating my own ability to grow by not giving myself a chance to do so.

On a side note, my 8 year old son is benching 110 with no trouble. He's gonna put me to shame by the time he reaches highschool at that rate.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
bench - 305 lbs (max 4 reps)
squat - 405 lbs
dead lift - 315 lbs
leg pess - 540 (that's the max weight I can put on the rack at my gym)

27 yrs old, 182 lbs. 6 ft tall

Just got into weight lifting last year and love it. I was stuck at a max bench of around 245 for a while until I started this 8 week training program with my brother in law that was designed to increase your max bench by about 25% (we found it in a muscle mag a few months ago). We are just about to wrap it up next week. It was a great program!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow, we got a lot of strong guys here on ATS/BTS. Hehe, competition makes you work harder, now I have a reason to go back to the gym. But I wont do so until after New Year's Eve so I get all the holiday eating and drinking out the way. So far I have been making myself a new workout schedule and I hope to reach my set goals by the end of August of 2006.

Goals:

Benchpress= 2x Body weight
Squat= 3x Body weight
Deadlift= 3x Body weight
Total body fat=

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I bench about 500 lbs and thats with the left arm alone, the other? Steady writing poems.

I can lift a 40 with ease.

mpeak 305 lbs? dear god man wtf do you eat?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

mpeak 305 lbs? dear god man wtf do you eat?

alot! ; )

but I can't seem to gain alot of weight. I refuse to get into all the weight gaining supplements either. Whey protein is about all I'll use.

trust me, this was a long process to get to where I'm at now. over a year of serious lifting. I have a very motivating lifting partner (my brother in law who is a US Marine that puts me to shame on a daily basis)

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ah yes, I knew I forgot to post something. Here are the RAW World records:

Benchpress: 718 pounds
Squat: around 1000 pounds
Dead lift: about 900 pounds

Although the current world records under "accepted" standards are much higher but I find that to be bull# because those guys are probably on drugs and ALWAYS where special equipment like bench shirts.

Current "officail records" world records:

Benchpress: 1005 pounds
Squat: 1200 pounds
Deadlift: 937 pounds

Link: www.powermagonline.com...

[edit on 6-9-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
well i see most here are guys, but about 5 years ago the thing i most enjoyed doing was going to the gym and lift some weights ... yep those were the days... have fun guys... press some for me !!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
bench 340lb sets of 8
squat 460 same
deadlift 480 same
havent gone for 1 r.m in some time, just a maintence routine incorporating powerlifting and BB.
5`7" 190lbs

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vass
bench 340lb sets of 8
squat 460 same
deadlift 480 same
havent gone for 1 r.m in some time, just a maintence routine incorporating powerlifting and BB.
5`7" 190lbs

Damn Vass, you are one strong dude, unless your lying, which I hope your not. How old are you and how long have you been training?

Also there is a formula to calculate one rep max, here is the link:
www.bodybuilding.com...

This says 340 pounds for 8 reps equals about 425 pounds one time max, which is very inpressive for someone your weight and height.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No, no lie beyondscifi, 6 years of of extrememly intense training. And being 33, muscle maturity is pretty much at its prime, still got a few good years left in me lol. The strength is pretty good, I like showing up these guys that are 6 feet and over that come in the gym thinking they run the place. I stay covered up pretty good, all baggy gym clothes, then when the tall guy starts making a big scene about what he`s lifting, I pull the baggy stuff off and really go to work. It`s pretty funny to see, this short guy, baggy clothes, glasses, beard, scruffy hair putting the super hero wannabes to shame. Really dont mean to brag, but it is funny.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hehe Vass since you are about the same size as me you have inspired me even more, now I really wanna go to the gym and move some iron. Woot BTW if you feel like it, maybe you can try to go for a one rep max the next time you go the gym and show those bums whos boss by benching like 400 pounds plus.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Scifi, glad to hear about the inspiration, and feel free to ask advice, always willing to help those striving for physical qualities above the norm. THe gym I go to holds bench press competitions now and then to raise money to keep the equipment up to date. The last one was about 6 months ago, hit 405, pers. best was 425 last year but tore a pec, that sucked, that was friggin heavy. And remember, pain is weakness leaving the body
unless its an injury then its just pain.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vass
The last one was about 6 months ago, hit 405, pers. best was 425 last year but tore a pec, that sucked, that was friggin heavy.

Wow, that must have sucked, the torn pec that is, not the bench, hehe. How long did it take for it to get back to normal? You stoped going to the gym during that time right?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ya, stopped for about a week to let the pain subside, then mostly just worked legs, little of light arm and shoulder stuff. After a month I was able to start slowly working chest again, light loads. After 3 months was good to go. One of the guys I trained with ripped his quad bad enough to have to have sewn back together after doing seated leg extensions with some ungodly poundage, around 500 if I remember correctly, after having done 490lb squats. Took a year to heal. Ever tried to hold down a 250lb monster after something like that? Threw me 15 feet as he was hobbling around all panicked and in pain. Took 4 big guys to hold him down so he wouldnt do any more damage to his leg

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Vass, kudos on the injury recovery. I have been having a lot of pain right in the rotator cuff latey. I suspect a microscopic tear since its more aggrevating than excruciating.

I have also used Whey protein and saw good gains from it. I've found the key to a good press is also developing the triceps with as much emphasis as the bench. I'm hoping if I give my shoulder enough time it will heal also. I took me over three years to break 400lbs and I'm hoping that at 36, I can keep it there for 10 years or so. I can still put it up for a few reps if I take ibuprofen about an hour before and once I do it a rep or two the pain subsides for a few days. That leads me to think I may have arthritis in there since I have developed my shoulders right along with the benchpress over the last 3 years. If thats the case, I may not have that long but the thought of falling back below it is killing me.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hell I thought I was doing good, of course only been doing it for about 3 months

BP: 180 5x so probably if I had more weights 200 x2
Squat: My Fat ***? Nope don't do those
Dead Weight: WTH is that?

Height 6'4 Weight 270 something

I am more into the excercise bike, treadmill, so forth to help with stamina over raw strength. So nice to be able to jog out to the car without being winded. Anyone know where I can buy more weights for the bench press? I only have 180lbs of them as a B-Day gift, well, only 140, the bar weighs 40lbs which was a workout when I first started out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join