It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile blood may yield powerful new antibiotics (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Scientist have discovered that the crocodile's immune system kills the HIV virus.
Their immune system is said to attatch to the bacteria making it explode. It is speculated that antibiotics eventually will be made for human consumption after scientist are able to isolate the strong antibiotic properties from the crocodile's blood.
The antibiotics could potentially be taken orally or rubbed on topically depending on the need.

today.reuters.com
Initial studies of the crocodile immune system in 1998 found that several proteins (antibodies) in the reptile's blood killed bacteria that were resistant to penicillin, such as Staphylococcus aureus or golden staph, Australian scientist Adam Britton told Reuters on Tuesday. It was also a more powerful killer of the HIV virus than the human immune system.

Britton said the crocodile immune system worked differently from the human system by directly attacking bacteria immediately an infection occurred in the body.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This really is an interesting find as I believe nature holds cures for all disease.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was once bitten by an croc and received an infection.

More notably, a lot of research concerning anti-biotics occured in the 60s. Crocodile blood was tested and was found to yield nothing.

Yeah, they were desparate.

I read it in a book.

Odysseus

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry but this story was posted about a week ago on atsnn. Great story though....

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
oh man, thats a good one!

Originally posted by dAlen
Scientist have discovered that the crocodile's immune system kills the HIV virus.
Their immune system is said to attatch to the bacteria making it explode. It is speculated that antibiotics eventually will be made for human consumption after scientist are able to isolate the strong antibiotic properties from the crocodile's blood.
The antibiotics could potentially be taken orally or rubbed on topically depending on the need.

today.reuters.com
Initial studies of the crocodile immune system in 1998 found that several proteins (antibodies) in the reptile's blood killed bacteria that were resistant to penicillin, such as Staphylococcus aureus or golden staph, Australian scientist Adam Britton told Reuters on Tuesday. It was also a more powerful killer of the HIV virus than the human immune system.

Britton said the crocodile immune system worked differently from the human system by directly attacking bacteria immediately an infection occurred in the body.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This really is an interesting find as I believe nature holds cures for all disease.

top topics

join