It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fascist State of America, War, Lies, USA going down wrong path

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"You're going straight in the Army, where you'll be sent straight to America's latest military quagmire. Where will it be? North Korea? Iran? Anything's possible with Commander Koo-Koo-Bananas in charge!" --Homer Simpson to Bart Simpson on The Simpsons, May 15, 2005

Lets talk about the growing fanaticizm in the USA, and lets compare some quotes from history as they relate to current things going on in the USA today.

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."- Adolf Hitler

There is a road to freedom. Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor, Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and love of the Fatherland. .- Adolph Hitler

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."- Adolph Hitler

"What we have to fight for is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the creator"- Adolf Hitler

"Of course the people don't want war...that is understood. But voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That's easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." -Hermann Goering

"There ought to be limits to freedom. We're aware of this [web] site, and this guy is just a garbage man, that's all he is." -- George Bush Jr.,

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"Let us rid ourselves of the fiction that low oil prices are somehow good for the United States"-Dick Cheney

"I'm a uniter not a divider. That means when it comes time to sew up your chest cavity, we use stitches as opposed to opening it up." -- George Bush, on David Letterman, March 2, 2000. (the audience booed)

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists" -George Bush

the following is a interesting read:

The men who wrote the Constitution of the United States knew that if power accrued into the hands of an elite the experiment of democracy (power spread out into the realm of the people) would be over. So they created a system of checks and balances which blocked access to any one person, or any one special interest or elite gaining too much power over others. Thus our executive, legislative and judicial branches of government "balanced" each other. The media was yet another "check" on the accrual of too much power, as was the Bill of Rights, and to some extent the Church (or churches). The system wasn't perfect but it kept alive the possibility of true democracy. It kept alive the dream that one day "we the people" could live in a peaceful commonwealth where every person has what they need to survive and thrive.

That dream died in December 2000 when the checks and balances of our Constitution collapsed and George Bush was inserted into the Presidency of the United States. September 11, 2001 furthered the atrophying of democracy handing the country into the hands of an emerging Corporate (and I say Christian) Fascism.
Mr. Bush consistently sends signals to his right wing religious base. In the 2003 State of the Union he exhorted: "there's power, wonder working power, in the goodness and idealism and faith of the American people". It's a phrase from a well known Communion hymn "there's power, wonder working power in the blood of the lamb". Bush brings together the holiness zeal of Christian evangelicalism with patriotic fundamentalism. The core belief system of this 'civic gospel' goes something like this: The United States was founded as a Christian nation with free enterprise as the only economic system truly compatible with Christian beliefs. These religious values are today under attack in America. The danger is that without faith in God America will lose its blessing. Therefore, the government needs to act to protect the nation's religious heritage.
So far, I've seen nothing to eliminate the possibility that Bush is on the same course as Hitler. And I've seen far too many analogies to dismiss the possibility.

The propaganda. The lies. The rhetoric. The nationalism. The flag waving.
The pretext of 'preventive war'.
The flaunting of international law and international standards of justice.
The disappearances of 'undesirable' aliens.
The threats against protesters.
The invasion of a non-threatening sovereign nation.
The occupation of a hostile country.
The promises of prosperity and security.
The spying on ordinary citizens.
The incitement to spy on one's neighbors - and report them to the government.
The arrogant triumphant pride in military conquest.
The honoring of soldiers. The tributes to 'fallen warriors.
The diversion of money to the military.
The demonization of government appointed 'enemies'.
The establishment of 'Homeland Security'.
The dehumanization of 'foreigners'.
The total lack of interest in the victims of government policy.
The incarceration of the poor and mentally ill.
The growing prosperity from military ventures.
The illusion of 'goodness' and primacy.
The new einsatzgrupen forces. Assassination teams.
Closed extralegal internment camps.
The militarization of domestic police.
Media blackout of non-approved issues.
Blacklisting of protesters - including the no-fly lists and photographing dissenters at rallies."

www.smirkingchimp.com...

The USA has been sliding down a very slippery slope for some time. Think about some of the threads on this board, that 5 years ago would have been laughted off, or just Ignored, talk of dictatorship in America, Civil war in America, the USA becomeing a communist state. Protect the Homeland[protect the Fatherland]The rise in police checkpoints accross America both for seatbelts and or sobriety, Are your papers in order? Arresting people without due process, because the administration deems them a "threat"
Clinton had his faults thats for sure, but the economy was doing so much better then, we had responsible fed government spending, the national debt was being controled, he did however crack down on militia groups accross the USA, pot smokers. The whole world looked uptp the USA back then as a world Leader, today they look at us as a threat, you know the way the world used to look at the Soviet Union. But today the fed. government, or the Bush administration is spending money like there is no tomorrow[maybe they know something we don't]

Here are some more quotes that are of interest:

"(George Bush) betrayed this country! He played on our fears. He took America on an ill-conceived foreign adventure dangerous to our troops, an adventure preordained and planned before 9/11 ever took place!" -- Al Gore

"I think we're at risk with our democracy. I think we're dealing with the most closed, imperialistic, nastiest administration in living memory. They even put Richard Nixon to shame." -- Wesley Clark

"If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with." --Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson,

"I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.'" --Pat Robertson, clarifying his call to assassinate Hugo Chavez

"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." —President Bush

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --President Bush, to a divorced mother of three in Omaha, Nebraska

"Get some devastation in the back." --Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, to an aide as he posed for a photo op while visiting tsunami-ravaged Sri Lanka

I fear that this administration is Way out of touch, with the rest of the USA, we are bein lead in War by people that talk about it enough but never participated in one.

"I had other priorities in the 60's than military service" -Dick Cheney

We will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.-Dick Cheney

The plan was criticized by some retired military officers embedded in TV studios. But with every advance by our coalition forces, the wisdom of that plan becomes more apparent. -Dick Cheney

I'm absolutely convinced that the threat we face now, the idea of a terrorist in the middle of one of our cities with a nuclear weapon, is very real and that we have to use extraordinary measures to deal with it. -Dick Cheney
Funny how ones priorities change in life, in the 60's ole Dick wasn't inerested in protecting or fighting for our homeland.

An now the last part of my lil soapbox sermon.

"The [Nazi party] should not become a constable of public opinion, but must dominate it. It must not become a servant of the masses, but their master!"- Adolf Hitler [you could replace nazi party with republican party]

"Become strong again in spirit, strong in will, strong in endurance, strong to bear all sacrifices"- Adolf Hitler

"Strength lies not in defense but in attack."- Adolf Hitler

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."- Adolf Hitler
"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge"- Adolf Hitler

"The German people are not a warlike nation. It is a soldierly one, which means it does not want a war, but does not fear it. It loves peace but also loves its honor and freedom"- Adolf Hitler [is this how you remember Nazi Germandy?]

Always before God and the world, the stronger has the right to carry through what he wills"- Adolf Hitler

"What we have to fight for is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the creator"- Adolf Hitler [Why are followers of Jesus, so unlike him or his teachings?]

"The world will not help, the people must help themselves. Its own strength is the source of life. That strength the Almighty has given us to use; that in it and through it, we may wage the battle of our life The others in the past years have not had the blessing of the Almighty - of Him who in the last resort, whatever man may do, holds in His hands the final decision. Lord God, let us never hesitate or play the coward"
- Adolf Hitler
"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."- Adolph Hitler

"The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category."- Adolph Hitler [unpatiotic maybe]

"Who says I am not under the special protection of God?"- Adolph Hitler

You cannot be president of the United States of you don't have faith. Remember Lincoln, going to his knees in times of trial and the Civil War and all that stuff. You can't be. And we are blessed. So don't feel sorry for - don't cry for me, Argentina."-1/15/92 George W. Bush

Beware of the muslim terrorists, they are hiding in your closet, beware of the gays[how dare them want the same rights as staights] These people are expanding the American Federal Empire, if you don't like it your unpatiotic. These people want to teach Intellegent design in our schools, even though it is based in belief not facts, these people don't want you to believe in global warming even though the evidence of it is piling up. The road we are on will lead to our and perhaps the worlds destuction.

peace

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Long post, but I read every bit of it... I understand what you are saying, I can relate to the comparison of hitler/bush with ideologies and the like, I appreciate the contribution to this section and voted you wats...

It was brilliantly and easily pieced together.

Thank you.
-------

While I don't agree with mixing religion with government I think it's important to teach all facists of where we come from... While I personally don't believe in evolution, I can appreciate the science behind it and belive people should be left alone to figure out which 'theory' they want to belive in.
Gays may be against what's in christian theology, but they deserve equal civil liberties just like the rest.

The motive behind Bush's signalling to the christian fundamentalists is only about money. They donate lot's of money to what they think is a good cause and he's using them. Since when has Bush exhibited any kind of christian principles or ethics?? Sure he talks out of his, but he also talks out the other side, and his actions are louder. And he definitely doesn't fall in line with the fore father's of this country who believed in a christian foundation... But not to the extent of extremism or shoving it down people's throats...

I used to trust bush and thought he was strong and bring this country back to it's founding... But I don't believe this is the case anymore as all the above points you put forth have been noticed byself in the recent past and present.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What can I say? Great post, LDragonFire. I agree with everything you've said and pointed out. I have said some of it myself.

The Fascist State of America, War, Lies, USA going down wrong path, religion in government, political rage, economy, environment, division, control by fear, violence... It's hard to believe that a country can fall completely apart in just a few short years. And what's even harder is that we let it.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Very well written, and definitely worth a way above.......hope you're somewhat flame retardant, but with a name like LDragonFire.....maybe you are prepared!

Good Job!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Long old post there but very intresting

Just hope the uk doesnt go the same way, allthough with all the talk of id cards etc looks like it might

once again a well writen post!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Quick pack your things and get out of this awful country because you are gullable enough to think that the Democrats are not just as much to blame.
I would suggest China, Iraq or Iran where you can feel safe and free.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Quick pack your things and get out of this awful country because you are gullable enough to think that the Democrats are not just as much to blame.

Where do you get Liberal from? I don't like and actually kind of agree more andmore on these points because people like you proove them with your 'liberal' whining...

Just because a person disagrees you they are automatically a liberal?
What happened to moderates or independants??

Do they not exist in your dual political party realm?

See what your party politics does?

You sir, need an education on what America is all about... Not your tunnel vision version.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Such a nice...L-O-N-G...read. Obviously this isn't "off the top of your head" key pecking...you worked very long and hard on this one. May I ask...WHY?

May I add some quotes of my own?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President Bill Clinton, February 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Bill Clinton, February 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction." - Madeline Albright, February 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, February 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton. - (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, October 9, 1998

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), October 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), October 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), October 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), December 8, 2002

“Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States.” -Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-CT) September 4, 2002

“If we wait for the [Iraq] danger to become clear, it could be too late.” -Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del) September 4, 2002

“Iraq both poses a continuing threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region and remains in material and unacceptable breach of its international obligations by, among other things, continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability, actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability, and supporting and harboring terrorist organizations.” -Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) February 5, 2003

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), January 23. 2003

PLEASE NOTE the dates on the first five quotes, which are prior to Bush even running for office!

Now, consider your own list:

The propaganda. The lies. The rhetoric. The nationalism. The flag waving.
The pretext of 'preventive war'.
The flaunting of international law and international standards of justice.
The disappearances of 'undesirable' aliens.
The threats against protesters.
The invasion of a non-threatening sovereign nation.
The occupation of a hostile country.
The promises of prosperity and security.
The spying on ordinary citizens.
The incitement to spy on one's neighbors - and report them to the government.
The arrogant triumphant pride in military conquest.
The honoring of soldiers. The tributes to 'fallen warriors.
The diversion of money to the military.
The demonization of government appointed 'enemies'.
The establishment of 'Homeland Security'.
The dehumanization of 'foreigners'.
The total lack of interest in the victims of government policy.
The incarceration of the poor and mentally ill.
The growing prosperity from military ventures.
The illusion of 'goodness' and primacy.
The new einsatzgrupen forces. Assassination teams.
Closed extralegal internment camps.
The militarization of domestic police.
Media blackout of non-approved issues.
Blacklisting of protesters - including the no-fly lists and photographing dissenters at rallies."

Now, let me ask you this...which of these acts were NOT performed under Roosevelt??

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Very well put together, your contribution is highly appreciated. Anything that might help someone finally open their eyes and see whats happening. You got one of my votes for the month, and I can see I'm not the only one who voted WATS. Keep up the good work

[edit on 26-8-2005 by gangster45]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the votes TrueLies, and I do wonder if the administration is still giving money to religous groups since he won the realection, or if he has turned agianst his "base", the ones that got him elected. the problem is it would be easy to make the original post double in size there is so much crap out there ...like Rovegate, the Military knew there was at least 4 al-quida hijackers in the USA a year before 9/11...and it goes on ...halaburton profiteering in Iraq.....an on an on...the new energy bill giving 17 Billion Dollars to the oil industry, then within a week later gas hits $2.50 a gallon. But it has been the history of US second term presidents that there 6th year in office is usually filled with controvercy...but Im uneasy about how Bush will react to it all, ...heard he's a little unstable.

Bush08

bein flame retardent would definetly come in handy

And I agree with how Far we have fallen so fast, just a few years ago, there was no talk of civil war in the USA but its all over the net. States, Citys, countys accross the USA are rejecting the patiot act, and you can bet that as soon as patiot act 2 hits, you can forget about the bill of rights and the consitution, funny how
" we are Spreading Freedom throughout the world"- George Bush,

but we are losing all our freedoms here, not to mention health care coverage the enviroment, security, you tell me how these people could or would let or border areas fall into decay like in Arizona and New Mexico, where the 9/11 hijackers here illeagaly??
less than 4 years since 9/11.

National ID's are bein talked about here in the USA, Some say as early as 2007

What we need, is to move more towards what our founding fathers invisioned

1 Bush or any US president has Way too much power.
2 The Ferderal Government Is Huge, thanks to conservitive Bush, this needs to change.
3 After 9/11 I would have fired the head of both CIA/FBI, the head of the department of defence, those who were in charge of security at all the airports where the hijackers got onto the planes.
thats just a start

gtg for now

peace

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Im far from Liberal, thanks for asking

And guess what, the things Clinton did to contain Sadam WORKED.

But Bush had a ax to grind, and the second largest oil supply on earth to get his hands on and his friends and familys at the expence of some 1800 fellow Americans and some 15,000 wounded, over a bs war. You people Still think that Sadam Was a threat in 2000 or after????????
But guess what people, congress no longer has the only right to declare war, now the president can....yet another thing about America that this administration has changed, or has gone against presidence.

trust me I would love to be the first kid on my block to put a cap into a terrorist or any other country that Attacks us first. But only if it were Just and honorable war....not one for greed, money.

things that this administration has done Against American law president:
1 arrests without due process
2 preemtive war
3 mass funding of christain groups
4 Assasination is ok now
5 torture is ok now
6 tryin to destroy social security
7 allienated longtime allies
8 being appointed president by the supreme court in 2000

and there is more

peace

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38

Perhaps you should re-read the opening post.....nowhere did I see that the democrats were being absolved!

When you receive a 'hurricane warning', it does you little good to run the weather man out of town......

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Im far from Liberal, thanks for asking

And guess what, the things Clinton did to contain Sadam WORKED.

But Bush had a ax to grind, and the second largest oil supply on earth to get his hands on and his friends and familys at the expence of some 1800 fellow Americans and some 15,000 wounded, over a bs war. You people Still think that Sadam Was a threat in 2000 or after????????
But guess what people, congress no longer has the only right to declare war, now the president can....yet another thing about America that this administration has changed, or has gone against presidence.

trust me I would love to be the first kid on my block to put a cap into a terrorist or any other country that Attacks us first. But only if it were Just and honorable war....not one for greed, money.

2 preemtive war
4 Assasination is ok now
5 torture is ok now

and there is more, and no i don't think the democrats are any better, they are to in bed with the corperations, both in the USA and international, to serve the people any longer

peace

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
John Fante and Mencken to President Bush and the Neo con's agenda

I certainly agree with your feeling about the Communists and Fascists, though I fear I can't follow you into the arms of [the] Holy Church. All persons who propose to improve the human race seem to me to be equally fraudulent.

Quoted in John Fante & H.L. Mencken: A Personal Correspondence 1930-1952, letter of 11-18-36, p.104

It wasn't really too him but I wonder if he would say that to him if he was alive today.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
BLAH BLAH BLAH...Clinton did this Bush did that.....George Washington and those darned cherry trees. This proabaly should be in PTS...no real value here in above top secret from what I can see anyway. Same old she said/he said and not what ATS was founded for. Lets have some good old conspiracy theories...not political bashing!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

2 preemtive war
4 Assasination is ok now
5 torture is ok now

Your points are simply too vague. Cite some documents (better yet, paste them here) to prove your points.

In regards to points 6 and 8, I'm still looking for evidence that anyone is trying to DISTROY Social Security.

In regards to point 8, well, what can I say? The Circuit Court of Dade County and The State Supreme Court of Florida (both VERY liberal) refused to hear Al Gore's argument. Finally, the U.S. Supreme Court heard it, and told Al Gore, "No, if you want a recount of a few votes, it ain't going to happen...YOU HAVE TO RECOUNT ALL THE VOTES." It was the Democrats who backed away from the fight...it wasn't a case of the Supreme Court appointing anyone to anything.

Concider this an invitation to convince ME you're right.

BTW, wasn't it Al Gore that wanted our soldiers votes from overseas disqualified?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I found this a very interesting posting. I am hardly political and rarely moved to respond, but this makes me compelled to at least comment. In the past few years the erosion of the 'rights' we enjoy as American citizens diminishes by the day. It is troubling. Simple people have less impact in their world and are unknowing about this until it really matters. Witness going to the pump and feeling the pain in your wallet. The Patriot Act refocuses the power of the people to the power of the leader. Astonishingly we all accepted this metaphor of protection and really did not see the implication by our acceptance. I am reminded of a bumper sticker I saw ... Fighting for Peace is like Humping (another word was used) for Virginity. Are we all virgins here? It won't work... ever... Are we going to really listen, read and not be spoon fed the news to discover what really exists and occurs in the world. Wake up folks. Pogo said it best... I seen the enemey and it is us.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Perhaps this is a good thing for America.. Honest people don't come a dime a dozen anymore, but rather the opposite.. Over the years people have been told by the government, for example blacks, that they deserve better treatment and then took care of them through programs and handouts.

Ok apply this to the people of today.. Do we really like having victim status???

It must be so because I don't see civil unrest in all the unjust things political decisions being imposed on the people and telling us this is for our own good.

The constitution is for our own good, to protect us from these things...

It's just so damn good that politican's are taking away pieces of it bit by bit and perverting and distorting it, refocusing these supreme laws of the land to give government more power over 'we the people' ...

be it rep or dem the dual party system in this country is a fault..

The more people keep going to the polls for these wolves in sheep clothing, the more you can kiss your great country good bye..

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
TrueLies you have a good grasp on the situation. Unfortunately even the likes of Ms. Sheehan in Texas lacks the impact of discontent. Perhaps we should all say 'Up Yours' and not buy gas for a day. Nothing like hitting big business a.k.a. leaders of the 'free world' in the wallet and letting our point be known. It seems to be a small act of defiance. But as a collective, i.e., the UNITED States of America, it would send a little more than a 'talk to me'... more like you had better LISTEN.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks this war is truly in the name of Christianity had better read the Bible.

It's un-Christian to go around invading nations. Jesus did NOT say "do unto others because it looks like they might do it unto you first." If the Iraqis had an issue with Saddam, we should have let THEM be the ones to toss him out!

It's also un-Christian to lie about reasons you're conducting this war. It's also un-Christian to break your own laws (the Constitution).

I don't know what god Bush is worshiping (yes I do--money and power), but my God wouldn't approve of such behavior!

And I'm a Christian fundamenalist. Because of that, I'm against the war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join