It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US declares Taiwan a Sovereign Nation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

much of it is just hilarious.
Don't know why I go there everyday
I think you answered your own question: you go because it is just hilarious.

Just remember, though, these guys have nukes.

My bad, lol. I not hoping for a war or anything, but lately my support for China has descreased from what i've read on that site.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Which site do you alwaysy go? Chinese or english forums?

Originally posted by evanfitz

much of it is just hilarious.
Don't know why I go there everyday
I think you answered your own question: you go because it is just hilarious.

Just remember, though, these guys have nukes.

My bad, lol. I not hoping for a war or anything, but lately my support for China has descreased from what i've read on that site.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- I thought anyone following this story would have seen stories about the polls resolutely showing a Taiwanese people utterly uninterested in independance.

well by what taiwanese friends have told me, they fear china and fear losing our support and dont wish to become part of china and those polls dont reflect that they wish to become part of china, only that they want to avoid conflict.

and who says i havent? i just asked for those who might not follow it this closely.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

as posted by sminkeypinkey
...the polls resolutely showing aTaiwanese people utterly uninterested in independance.

"Resolutely" refers to what numbers exactly, sminkeypinkey?
58%?
60%?
Hardly "resolutely" with the above numbers.
"Resolutely" would be in the neighborhood of 75% plus? Link?

Translated, the majority of Taiwanese people do not seek independence because they fear that seeking such will result in war with China. It is not because they want to be back apart of China or because they do not want real independence or because they are "uninterested in independence".

Simply put, it is their continued fear of an independence war that the majority of Taiwanese simply want the situation to remain status quo. Hence such polls indicating what they do concerning Taiwan, the Taiwanese people, and the issue of Taiwan's independence from China.

seekerof

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Which site do you alwaysy go? Chinese or english forums?

The direct link

www.centurychina.com...

Some members are not Chinese, but the majority is.
I've seen some of the most (with all respect) arrogant misinterpreted/racist post on this site.

Scroll through it, and keep yourself updated on it daily.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wow, we've grown quite good at declaring other nations' sovereignty.

So Taiwan is now sovereign. Now all we need to do is work on getting Bush and his administration to learn the definition of the word "sovereign."

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

"Resolutely" refers to what numbers exactly, sminkeypinkey?

- I'd have thought it obvious, you can spin the rest of the numbers all you like but the fact remains they show only approx 10% interested in independance.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Nixon went to China and opened up relations because it looked good in the press and because America was/is interested in China's nearly unlimited cheap labour market. Also it was a step towards irking the Soviet Union and further making China and the USSR not like each other as much as before (not really hard if you look at Stalin's bungling in the 20's).

Thus the quote: "The Vulcan's have a saying "Only Nixon can go to China""

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join