It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Not Just The United States..........

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
So what exactly is it your trying to say then bikerdie? Because there are other countries occupying Iraq that makes it okay for the U.S. to keep their troops there?

Not sure how you come to that conclusion my new friend thats recently joined ATS and has not replied to many threads going by the amount of points you have, or read through the whole post, or looked at the terms and conditions etc etc
Phewwwww

But seeing as though you are new here,or rather new to posting replies, i will take your comment with a pinch of salt.
I suggest you read the first post i made. That will answer your question for you.

At no point did i say that its OK for the US to keep their troops there. Did you make that up?

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7

Originally posted by Bikereddie
He doing just fine thanks. Iraq again ,or Afghanistan in November. S**t eh?

Buy the boy a drink for me and tell him a man on the other side of the world has his respect.

Thanks for that mate. I will do.

Good to hear that kind of comment here...................

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I fail to see the correlation between the opinion that the US should take full responsibility for starting this war and the amount of respect that I have for all military troops. In my mind, there is no connection.

I don't understand what you're asking me. It sounds to me like you're saying, "If you love peanut butter, they why did you say you want a red car"?

I'll try one more time and that's it.

I believe the US government (BushCo) is responsible for starting this war. They 'recruited' as many allies around the world as they could, but it was they who led the fight, who set the agenda.

I believe that the US military is the main force in this war with 130,000 troops. I believe the US military are making the strategic planning, 'running' things under the direction of the US Commander in Chief. I believe there are other troops from other countries (known as the coalition of the willing) who, in their wish to help fight terrorism, are aiding and assisting the wishes of the US CinC.

I believe every single soldier who acts with honor deserves my respect. And he or she has it. I believe every honorable soldier shares in the glory (if there is any)

But the US government is responsible for starting this war and should be held accountable for the loss of life and the other negative consequenses, regardless of the other players.

These ideas do not conflict. They all exist in my brain in perfect harmony.

You may not believe me, you may not agree, but that's the way it is.
I cannot be more clear. If you're still confused, BikerEddie understands, perhaps he can explain it to you.

Right sorry, I have no exscuse for the attitude I took this has been a big misunderstanding on my part..

But seriosly, I can see why you took that attitude with your government and I dont share that opinion. The US cant be held solely repsonsible, I mean the US simply started the ball rolling and we helped it.

But...we're there and frankly we need to sort our dung out ASAP.
Once again, sorry mate...no harm done I hope?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Once again, sorry mate...no harm done I hope?

No problem at all.

(Are you Australian, then? Never met an Aussie I didn't like...

My very favorite movie is The Castle. )

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No problem at all.

(Are you Australian, then? Never met an Aussie I didn't like...

My very favorite movie is The Castle. )

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

Lol , no mate, born and bred pure scottish.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Lol , no mate, born and bred pure scottish.

Tell me DW, since I’ve always been curious, how’s it feel to wear one of them Quilts of yours?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Tell me DW, since I’ve always been curious, how’s it feel to wear one of them Quilts of yours?

Its pronouced kilt actually mate but heh.
Its quite nice, very....free...and very good air conditioning.
Helps when you need a pee, just lift and go. quite expensive and infact I'm trying to hire one for next week but all of them cost about £50+ to hire.
I also cant find my family's tartan in those shops

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So going by most peoples replies. they are, at least willing to admit that it is a coalition involved and not just the USA?

When i talk about we, it means the UK. When i talk about us, it means the entire coalition.

At the end of the day, no matter who instigated things, we as a coalition or allies have had a part to play in the so called War against Terrorism.

We are united as one,no matter how we agree on the rights and wrongs of the War, lets not forget that eh?????????????

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
So going by most peoples replies. they are, at least willing to admit that it is a coalition involved and not just the USA?

I agree.
And I came to realize that a big part of the misunderstanding I had with DW may have been mixing the meanings of 'responsibility' and 'credit'. Normally when I speak of responsibility, I mean for people to take responsibility for their mistakes or wrong actions. On the other hand, when speaking of credit, it's for a job well done.

So, if the war is seen as a mistake, a flop, a terrible mess, then it's time for someone to take responsibility. (And I think that's the US.)

If it's seen as a brave act of courage and a wonderful way to bring freedom and democracy to the world, then all countries involved deserve the credit.

PS. I hear the ladies love a guy in a kilt.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

PS. I hear the ladies love a guy in a kilt.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

They do, a very big plus point for being scottish...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

They do, a very big plus point for being scottish...

DW, I hear it depends on what you have under your kilt...and it being so cold up there, i can't imagine it being too impressive

Maybe thats why you guys flashed it at us English when we cam up to give you the traditional arse-kicking.....enough to scare anyone off that, shrivelled Scotsmen all painted blue.......

(only messing DW, you know me
)

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
DW, I hear it depends on what you have under your kilt...and it being so cold up there, i can't imagine it being too impressive

Ah but hearsay is bad though I mean I heard that you guys dance around poles in tight fitting shorts, but heh.
Ps, the cold factor is to impress them even when its cold outside...

Maybe thats why you guys flashed it at us English when we cam up to give you the traditional arse-kicking.....enough to scare anyone off that, shrivelled Scotsmen all painted blue.......

Yeah just remember banockburn hotshot.

)

Yeah I know you...how do you think crimewatch found you out?
.dirty southerner

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Ah but hearsay is bad though I mean I heard that you guys dance around poles in tight fitting shorts, but heh.
Ps, the cold factor is to impress them even when its cold outside...

Yeah just remember banockburn hotshot.

)

Yeah I know you...how do you think crimewatch found you out?
.dirty southerner

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

Touche, my fiery-headed, skirt wearing provincial

[edit on 28/8/05 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Touche, my fiery-headed, skirt wearing provicial

**Growls, begins to unsheath claymore and puts on meanacing voice**
You will regret that!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Touche, my fiery-headed, skirt wearing provicial

**Growls, begins to unsheath claymore and puts on meanacing voice**
You will regret that!

Put your claymore away! Save it for the ladies....plus, you may want to leave it "sheathed"....don't want any wee-DW's wandering around, do we? One of you is bad enough

Anyhoo....detracting from the topic, methinks

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Put your claymore away! Save it for the ladies....plus, you may want to leave it "sheathed"....don't want any wee-DW's wandering around, do we? One of you is bad enough

LMFAO
I think we have taken this too far..

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

LMFAO
I think we have taken this too far..

Indeed....Let BikerEddie have his thread back now.....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Never!!
***Gets desrire to plunder, pillage and varios other words desribing destruction.***

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Never!!
***Gets desrire to plunder, pillage and varios other words desribing destruction.***

The only things Scottish now how to Plunder and Pillage is the Glenmorangie Distillery.....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The only things Scottish now how to Plunder and Pillage is the Glenmorangie Distillery.....

Is that a bad thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join