It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot in the UK??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there has ever been a sighting of Bigfoot anywhere in the United Kingdom? I figured that there probably wouldn't be many, if any, as Bigfoot (imo) is a relation to gorillas and other large primates, which are generally found in warmer climates.

The UK has plenty of woodland, but is it the right type for a sasquatch to live in? Hmm...I'm still not sure. I did a search, but none of them seemed to be of Bigfoot sightings here in Great Britain. Anyone got any stories?

I'd be interested to know if I should be keeping my eyes open when out in the woods!!

Even though I'd probably poop myself if I saw one

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
From my knowledge, only one. It was at Lovch Ness and some fisherman saw a very large creature on a hill. Probably nothing though.

I like to think that this almost proves that Bigfoot is real, as noone is faking sightings here in Blighty.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like, if you're going to fake something, why not fake it everywhere? Bigfoot sightings only happen in the same sort of environment, thick wooded areas. I always imagine massive green trees and lots of thick shrubbery with little dirt paths from walkers!

Our woods and forests are, in my comparison, a fair bit colder, but also dryer, than where Bigfoot sightings take place. If that makes sense.

Now, clever hoaxers would stick to 'familiar Bigfoot territory', as such. But you'd think there would be at least one English hoaxer who hadn't noticed that Bigfoot prefers warmer areas?

To me this post makes sense, but after reading ove rit, I can see why it might not to anyone else. If it doesn't tell me, I'll try to explain :p

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah there is a bigfoot in the UK.

It's name is Crouch and he plays for England and Liverpool Football Clubs...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
One in the Loch Ness area, I'll have to investigate into this on the internet. Last night I was on the hunt for any proof whether any Tibetans or Nepalese have ever tried to hail the Yeti as a living godform. Apart from the Church of the Subgenius that is. I find the Yeti a very enigmatic powerful creature it may be a missing link or it maybe a bear. It has been said that some wacky types do get together to throw a thought form or two into the vicinity of darklands sometimes usually by throwing projections of their disaffected parts of their minds much like the Tumo's who make Tulpa's in Tibet.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There was a story a few years back of a sighting of a big foot in the UK it was said to be spotted in Northumberland, UK. by some paranormal research group. I think the main place for this was Bolam Lake, so maybe worth doing a search as i think there were more connected to this,

EDit to add some links for you,

Hoaxers' horror at Bolam beast

On trail of Bolam Bigfoot

[edit on 26-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Northumberland is an odd place, there were some Royal families that were based around there, itf you are hip to David Icke and his theories.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments, that link was good Asala, one bit in particular made me laugh,

"We tried to capture that shaky, don't quite-know-what-it-is effect, but we also developed it as a story, from a police hunt for the beast to pictures of Bigfoot visiting a corner shop.

Can't quite see him doing that.

So overall it seems that Bigfoot popped over for a holiday but didn't like the weather. I'm quite glad actually, I don't know what I'd do if I saw one myself

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
opps

[edit on 28-8-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
As far as I know, there isn't woodland big enough in the U.K, that doesn't get used all the time, for a bigfoot to exsist in.

There would have been more sightings, were quite a densley populated little island.
Think of how meny sightings there have been in the States, which is by comparsion fairly spread out.

The best way to put it is, I think.......

Big cats lots of sightings, even a lake monster in scotland... But very few bigfoot sightings/evidence.

Just my opinion

Cabalx

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Text BlueIm not sure about bigfoot living in the UK but i know it's somewhere in the world.My guess would be North America but nobody is for sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Not a chance.

The only areas big enough to support maybe 1 family of large primates similar to Bigfoot would be:

The New Forest (nope, no sightings. Heavily used since ancient times by all sorts of people, including Royal hunting parties who would have loved to bag one.)

The Forest of Dean (nope. No sightings. Only large animal there is the Boar)

Scottish Highlands. (Possible, but bloody cold. No sightings. Ancient Scots would have headbutted them all to death by now anyway.)

Apart from that, there are not any vast areas of woodland in the UK big enough, contrary to many a popular belief by Foreigners that the UK is 50% London and 50% Woods.

[edit on 21/9/05 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
contrary to many a popular belief by Foreigners that the UK is 50% London and 50% Woods.

[edit on 21/9/05 by stumason]

hehe.

Londoners too!

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm a Londoner. There do seem to be lots of us around. I can't go anywhere without meeting other Londoners, even Spain once!

Wig

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There are yeti like sightings in UK, I think this link is the most informative on the subject:

www.fatemag.com...

Press "continued" at the bottom of the page to go to the next page.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
to add to stumason`s list - the forest of bowland - which desopite the impressive name is largely devoid of trees

the uk craze of ` big cat sightings ` at lease has the possibility that they are escapees from zoos or private colections from the 19th cent onwards

cryptozoo primates - must have sustained a viable population under onslaught of civilization - IMHO very unlikley

new topics

top topics

join