It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C.I.A. Report Said to Fault Pre-9/11 Leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Not that we already didn't know this, but there are some who continue to beleive that the current admin was completely at fault for neglecting to stop the 9/11 attacks.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 25 - A long-awaited C.I.A. inspector general's report on the agency's performance before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks includes detailed criticism of more than a dozen former and current agency officials, aiming its sharpest language at George J. Tenet, the former director, according to a former intelligence officer who was briefed on the findings and another government official who has seen the report.

Mr. Tenet is censured for failing to develop and carry out a strategic plan to take on Al Qaeda in the years before 2001, even after he wrote in a 1998 memo to intelligence agencies that "we are at war" with it, they said, speaking about the highly classified report on condition of anonymity.

The report was delivered to the Senate and House Intelligence Committees on Tuesday by Porter J. Goss, the current C.I.A. director. Its preparation and previous drafts have provoked strong emotions at the beleaguered agency, which has borne the brunt of public criticism in a series of major studies of intelligence failures.

www.nytimes.com...

What's interesting to me is that Porter J. Goss, the current C.I.A. director, who was the one who delivered the report, was also chairman of the House Intelligence Committee during the time that the report shows the intellegence failures. Now as the C.I.A. director, he is in charge of handing out any disciplinary actions. I wonder if he's going to repremand himself?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No thoughts on this one huh?
I thought there'd be a few responses on this considering the amount of coverage this topic has seen.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You gotta remember this is ATS.

You're not going to get any Amens or Way Above votes or in depth discussions unless your post something critical of the Bush Administration or the "Facist" USA.

kidding of course.......

sorta

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
No thoughts on this one huh?
I thought there'd be a few responses on this considering the amount of coverage this topic has seen.

Just an observation, but while many are willing to respond to sensational/controversial posts it seems the majority are petrified to respond to any threads critical of the FBI/CIA/NSA. Probably out of fear of having their ip traced or profiled as a dissident, though they won't admit it.

Goss should recuse himself like Ashcroft did for the Plame affair. Negroponte should be in charge of this vexpedition since he takes the blame for any future
failures.

top topics

join