It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Chicago... accidental nuclear blast?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
High Explosive doesn't detonate with a white flash
A white flash is akin to a nuclear detonation.

What the hell colour does Whisky Peter detonate in?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

High Explosive doesn't detonate with a white flash
A white flash is akin to a nuclear detonation.

What the hell colour does Whisky Peter detonate in?

lol whiskey pete ? you mean willy pete aka white phosphorous ?

Don't know, it wasn't on the boat anyway. WP tends to burn not explode.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
WHITE Phosphorus. It DOES explode, and THEN it burns whatever it lands on.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Once again you have proved your dullness
WP does not explode DUH. It spontaneously combusts, which for the mentally challenged is burning. All WP needs an HE bursting chrge to scatter it, whereby it combusts. I hope that was simple enough for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
duh! Thank you for showing me how stupid I am to not even know how bombs work.
I mean 25 years around the military and I never even learned something as simple as that.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

duh! Thank you for showing me how stupid I am to not even know how bombs work.
I mean 25 years around the military and I never even learned something as simple as that.

GAWD, after 25 years you still didn't know that WP does not explode. Gee must be great training over there, then again they do recruit from the local trailor park

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Alrighty then the personal attacks will come to a stop by everybody.

Debate the topic if you wish, but please do so in a manner that is respectfull to the others participating in this debate. The sniping add nothing to the debate at hand.

Thanks
Fred

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Once again you have proved your dullness
WP does not explode DUH. It spontaneously combusts, which for the mentally challenged is burning. All WP needs an HE bursting chrge to scatter it, whereby it combusts. I hope that was simple enough for you.

Fine. What colour does it spontaneously combust?

What colour does magnesium burn? (Yes, I draw your attention to the fact I wrote BURN, ever watched it ignite? Looked a hell of a lot like an explosion to me.)

Several things on the table of elements appear to "explode" "white". They don't all come neatly packaged on top of a Minuteman.

Ever watched a man mig-welding?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Fine. What colour does it spontaneously combust?

What colour does magnesium burn? (Yes, I draw your attention to the fact I wrote BURN, ever watched it ignite? Looked a hell of a lot like an explosion to me.)

Umm, What does magnesium have to do with Port Chicago or WP ? or are you just asking random questions for some reason. Maybe you should google it

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
no magnesium or white phos - then what " MAGIC" filling did the incendaries on board have ?????????

YRS - APE

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
no magnesium or white phos - then what " MAGIC" filling did the incendaries on board have ?????????

YRS - APE

Thats what i was just going to ask. magnesium was another commonly used material at Port Chicago so it is relevant to the discussion Rouge. More to the point it was a responce to the color of buring or exploded material.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think you guys are talking about magnesium oxides, no?

But it is obvious that neither of the two conspiracist will answer the question 'why'?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i guess we must be using nukes in iraq now

link

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This one's been dead for a while. What happened boys, I was waiting for some answers...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
QUOTE : " This one's been dead for a while. What happened boys, I was waiting for some answers... "

same here - my last post was a snide jab , but the one before that went unanswered [ re the fillings of the incendaries on the bryant ] fred asked this too ,

maybe its best to let the topic die

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"They Were Expendable"-John Wayne
The Why?: Accidental? As discusses earlier in one of the posts, we might have had an aircraft capable of carrying the bomb, BUT, where the hell was it suppose to carry it from? My dad was a CB in the South Pacific building runways in Guam...infested with the enemy. We weren't sure that we were going to be able to land the 29's there or Tinian. How else would it get there? By ship or specifically designed sub.

It's hard for me to believe that if it was a atomic weapon it was detonated on purpose, but I've seen the Bldg 7 tapes and nothing surprises me now...I digress.

Easy to cover. Low population area, prevailing winds to the west, over future test sites I suppose, plus the fact that atomic weapons were science fiction to most people back then and few new about the radioactive risk, not to mention a way to test for it.

I don't claim to know a lot about nukes except that they make a hell of a bang, and if you're around after the bang, shortly your hair will fall out and life really starts to suck. As I said before, 9.10.2001 I would have called a "bull#", these days, I'll just keep studying with an open mind. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
oops, that should read blowing back east over future test sites.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join