It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who know some resources of this model from India?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Someone said that model was designed from India. Is it correct? Who has the more details?

[edit on 26-8-2005 by emile]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Looks like a Swedish Gripen to me.

external image

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Simon666]

(mod edit to reduce size of large image)

[edit on 26-8-2005 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile

Someone said that model was designed from India. Is it correct? Who has the more details?

Doubt it.

GRIPEN to me.

NICE PICTURE OF GRIPENS

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Jezza]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yeah, defenetly a Gripen, here's a thread about it...

Gripen, simple and stylish

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
But the front line of this model's wing has a fold, whereas Gripen has a sawtooth

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
retractable for mach+, gripen.? Check versions of plane, model is probably just that, model.

If you look at the model of plane, you can see that the wing has curvature along leading edge. More than likely, they changed to straight leading edge for manufacturing costs.

paper labeled "Wind tunnel model" So, yes, early stages..you will probably never find an exact wind tunnel model to that of a real model plane in a exhibit. Do you know where this picture was taken?

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Aether]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But the front line of this model's wing has a fold, whereas Gripen has a sawtooth

Actually no!
Well, imagine that you would turne the model to it's side... If so yu'd see that it has the same descriptions as the Gripen...
look at my picture below...
It might jsut be a bit unclear to see it from the original picture...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I dunno bout that stuff, I'm not really up to date on the Asian and Europian fighters, but I'd have to say the Gripen or Rafale.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
One of a number of early concept design models [for wind testing, etc] for the Sukhoi S-37 with forward canards and a delta wing.
Here [linked below] is a schematic drawing of one such early configuration version. The model presented by emile is another such version.

Schematic darwing from here, one quarter of the page down.

seekerof

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The very model is connected to the LCA's history :

If you know about the history of the Eurofighter, you will be aware of the turmoil with France joining and then being thrown out etc tec, suffice to say that at one point it looked as if a UK only fighter would have to be produced, BAe proposed a private venture single engine light fighter which the RAF weren't too keen on but BAe hoped to win them round and also take on the export market with their design which was the P.106. When the project appeared to be gathering momentum within BAe it was noticed that the P.106 also seemed to meet the Indian LCA requirement perfectly and a joint programme was investigated.

When Germany and Italy then decided to rejoin the UK in a new fighter programme the Govt insisted that BAe put its full weight behind the project and the P.106 was virtually 'given' to India with BAe willing to act as a sort of 'consultant' while the 'main event' was obviously the Eurofighter Typhoon as far as the UK was concerned.

Now obviously the Tejas owes nothing to this design except maybe its vaguest stats (size, weight, engine thrust etc)

This infact was later sold to Sweden after the apparent Indian rejection and served as the basis for the Gripen.

and a wind tunnel model of this was displayed at Aero India 2005 at the NAL stall (National Aerospace Labs, Bangalore) and i confirmed this from the person at the stall ....it was amazing to also find a pic of this at the BR site in BR's coverage of Aero India '05 ...just found the pic at ACIG :

external image

HERE IS THE FULL LARGE SIZED IMAGE >> www.acig.org...

The plane on the right is the cancelled HF-73 (only one prototype was built and flown)!!! ...West Germany wanted to later collaborate on it but British lobbying/interference ensured the project was cancelled

The caption of this pic infact reads This confirms that at one of the early LCA concepts was a Gripen-esque canard-double-delta. Note the wing-tip Magic-2 AAMs. Constructing the models themselves and the actual wing tunnel testing, are both expensive ventures, meaning that there must have been a level of seriousness behind the design. The other model is that of the HAL HF-73.

www.acig.org...

Credits to waynos, for much of these details

Regards,
Stealth Spy

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Very nice.
Good job waynos and Stealth Spy.

Very interesting material and now we know what the model was for.
Saves me from making further speculative guesses.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Very nice.
Good job waynos and Stealth Spy.

Very interesting material and now we know what the model was for.
Saves me from making further speculative guesses.

seekerof

O WAIT! Sorry, I just read the "Thanks to Waynos" part of his post. Should have read the ENTIRE part of the post.

Nvm, I was going to say here that the S-37 was initially called the S-32, but the S-32 was designated when the first S-37 was a tailess, Canard multi-role fighter that was cancelled and Redesignated as S-37(The forward Swept Wing one, not the Tailess one.)

All very confusing. But here is the link.

www.aeronautics.ru...

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 26-8-2005 by ShatteredSkies]

top topics

join