It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...who carries?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
New Orleans.. I'm wondering if people's attitudes will change considering they had to stop evacuating [buses] because of the gunfire from civilians.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by riley]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
New Orleans.. I'm wondering if people's attitudes will change considering they had to stop evacuating [buses] because of the gunfire from civilians.

how does this have anything to do with the question asked: Who carries and WHAT do they carry? please stick to the topic. your statemant has nothing to do with this thread, please goto ATS and post that.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123

Originally posted by riley

how does this have anything to do with the question asked: Who carries and WHAT do they carry? please stick to the topic. your statemant has nothing to do with this thread, please goto ATS and post that.

Obviously I don't carry.. New Orleans is yet another example why I wouldn't carry given the option [and hope others feel likewise].. and unless this forum isn't slugfest and is specifically meant for people who want to brag about carrying assault weapons I think my comment is completely relevent. What I don't see as relevent is your telling me where I should and shouldn't post.. I don't see a mod tag in your avatar.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by riley]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i dont carry assult weapons...i carry pistols, however just because i'm not a mod doesnt mean i cant correct you...this thread is about people who carry and what they carry, it has nothing to do with what's going on down in new orleans. that's all i'm sayin. after reading your post i think your just lookin for points.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
IMO anyone that comes on a thread like this and admits they carry a pistol even legally isn't useing very good judgment. Macho posturing could be your downfall. Ever heard the phrase "discretion is the better part of valor?" But it's to late now isn't it?

[edit on 5-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I dunno, Whaaa, I think mine on the first page may have trumped all they had to say
There's no hiding these guns!

Originally posted by junglejake
I carry two big guns, and even sleep with them. They're with me everywhere I go, and are extremely deadly

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I dunno, Whaaa, I think mine on the first page may have trumped all they had to say
There's no hiding these guns!

I carry two big guns, and even sleep with them. They're with me everywhere I go, and are extremely deadly

Wow! Two big ones! Thought you were in NO passing out water from a boat. Or was it just drama after all?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Wow! Two big ones! Thought you were in NO passing out water from a boat. Or was it just drama after all?

You decide! I may, too, if I ever come to understand that sentence

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Before the thread is totally derailed through political bickering I would like to ask those that carry a few relevant questions. Just silly things that piqued my curiosity.

1. When do you carry?
Like your mobile phone, keys and wallet, you never leave the house without it? Do you have it in a shoulder holster when, say, you are at a fancy dining establishment with your wife on your wedding anniversary?

2. How do you carry?
When you say concealed carry, how exactly do you carry it? A la Dirty Harry or in a bumbag or something? Does it ever seem awkward or get in the way of your everyday business?

3. Where do you carry?
Is there a certain part of town? Do you bring it on holiday? Do you bring it on a night out? Do you say, drink alcohol while you are carrying?

4. Were you ever glad you carried?
Most of the posts so far have detailed events or circumstances which caused people to carry. Are there any folks who, since getting a CCW permit have found themselves in a situation where, you either drew the weapon, or were at least feeling more secure with the weight of it on your person.

Sorry if the questions are a bit silly, I am just curious having never lived anywhere where the general population can walk around freely carrying guns.

I have had military training and enjoyed shooting a Browning Automatic and I think as a sport, when properly supervised and tranied, shooting can be a wonderful experience which everyone should have a go at.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Another questions, as well...concealed carry doesn't always involve a pistol. I know that on occasion (in somewhat flagrant disregard for the laws of my nation) I will carry an extendable baton. At work, I can sometimes get away with open carry - I am a security guard, and doing graveyard shifts in Scarborough no one will begrudge me it. At other times, I carry it at the small of my back. It's awkward, yes, but it's better than nothing. I don't really carry it often, but when I feel I need to.

DE

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
i dont carry assult weapons...i carry pistols, however just because i'm not a mod doesnt mean i cant correct you...this thread is about people who carry and what they carry, it has nothing to do with what's going on down in new orleans. that's all i'm sayin.

You are also not just a civilian going by a previous post.. obviously when disaster strikes it opens are new can of worms when everyone is armed and untrained.. and you are 'correcting' me? I just said WHY I don't carry- I was prompted to post after seeing people murdering eachother on the news and worrying about a friend trapped there [NOT BY POINTS]. This is the POLITICAL SLUGFEST forum. It's not bts.. if you want to talk exclusively about guns minus the ethics of them.. find a forum exclusively about guns.

after reading your post i think your just lookin for points.

Going by your own I'd say you just like to try 'put people in their place' for a power trip. How about you have a go at people posting muscle bound guys up? Thats not relevent at all [except for comic relief] but considering those posts don't conflict with your own views you don't mind them. You might be a fed, police officer, security officer or even a bouncer in real life but you are not here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join