It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC 2015: the evolving personalized information construct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Robin Sloan and Matt Thompson have composed a short flash video, which predicts the unsettling possible future of communication and media sharing, in regards to the internets Google onslaught.

Summary Of The World: Googlezon And The Newsmasters EPIC

"In the year 2014 people have access to a breadth and depth of information unimaginable in an earlier age."

"Everyone contributes in some way."

"Everyone participates to create a living, breathing mediascape. However, the Press, as you know it, has ceased to exist. The Fourth Estate’s fortunes have waned. 20th Century news organizations are an after-thought, a lonely remnant of a not too distant past."

"The road to 2014 began in the mid-20th Century..."

check out the actual video here: EPIC 2015

i don't know if this has been covered here yet, but a search didn't turn anything up, so here you have it. i haven't seen such an inspirational video in a long time. scary and uncannily exciting at the same time, yet educational and intuitive. enjoy.

def.out

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Recommendation: Buy Shares Of Googlezon

“Through the Internet, we are accelerating the evolution of the consciousness of mankind.” -- Me

This is an interesting piece of speculative fiction and a fun mental exercise.

Some of the scenarios seem quite plausible, but I think even this story is much more conservative than what is actually going to happen.

A new Big Bang is coming. It will happen on the Internet.

And when it does, humankind will never be the same again.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
the more technological we become, the futher we will evolve from what we truly should all become.

Sad

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Vanishing Point

Originally posted by Disaster_Boy
the more technological we become, the futher we will evolve from what we truly should all become.

Sad

I can't think of a more ironic sentiment to post on the Internet.

If you truly believe becoming more "technological" is wrong, then why are you here?

I'm getting a distinct "glass houses" vibe off of this.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The thing is the net will be all encompassing in the end. Look at PC's today: watch DVD's, play games/ music as well as doing your work on.

Myself i never replaced my TV when it broke, a) i can use my monitor to watch TV through my TV card and b) apart from news i get through the net i dont watch TV anyway cos its all Cr*p.

As the bounderies between normal media and the net close through the PC, with advances in technology and new techniques the worlds information entertainment and the way we work will all merge into one huge eletronic community.

And if they can perfect the technology to merge human thought into the net too... well.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'm getting a distinct "glass houses" vibe off of this.

You too? heh. I for one welcome our new Google overlords. Allthough I think Google is going to have more competition soon. Skype reminds me allot of Google's early days. This is definately a golden era of IT innovation where the geeks have the edge(at least the uber geeks that is
lesser geeks try to disrupt the paradigm by contributing to open source projects)

One of the things I'm most impressed with google is their policy of allowing their PhD employees to use 20% of their work time to work on thier own pet projects. That's how Google Maps came about. As more and more companies look and see how google does its thing, imitators will start popping up not just in the way to present search queries(MSN Search already does this), but in thier business practices as well. It's just the Disruptive paradigm that I just love to watch. Another Disruptive Paradigm to watch is the convergance of TV/Movies and the Internet, as rustiswordz said. Companies to watch in this arena IMHO are: Google (
) , Yahoo , Apple , Netflicks etc. Remember the player with the least restricting DRM will probablt win out, at this point the winner of that is Apple(Rip, Mix, Burn
)

As for Internet Connectivity, where is that going? I see it going the way other utilities go, yes I called it a utility because to many people it's an integral part of their daily lives. Convienient Connectivity and Price of access will Increase and Plummet respectively. WiMAX Mesh Networks are the future, maybe even free Net access is in the cards eventually.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
They didn't mention googles brand new Instant Messenger
I really liked the video, I liked how it had exact dates and stuff it made the whole thing like a movie. But I doubt it will happen like that.

Googles new instant messenger:

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
They didn't mention googles brand new Instant Messenger
I really liked the video, I liked how it had exact dates and stuff it made the whole thing like a movie. But I doubt it will happen like that.

Googles new instant messenger:

www.google.com...

i also heard something about this. btw, there is an updated version of the flash vid as it seems, epic 2015, which may contain something about it at the end, i dont know, haven't seen it yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't like the whole name Googlezon it sound wierd, but other than that I think whoever made this up has a pretty good idea of the future. It won't be exact but the internet will definatly be changing.

new topics

top topics

join