For the women drivers....

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just kiddin' ladies, just trying to get your attention.

Car That Can Park Itself Put on Sale by Toyota

Reuters

A car that can park itself without the driver having to touch the steering wheel, said by maker Toyota Motor Corp. to be a world first, went on sale in Japan on Monday.

Toyota's new hybrid gasoline-electric Prius sedan uses electrically operated power steering and sensors that help guide the car when reversing into parking spaces.

The new model sells for 2.15 million yen ($18,430) in Japan, against 2.18 million yen previously. The intelligent park assist system is offered as an option, at an additional cost of 230,000 yen which includes a DVD navigation system.

REUTERS

When I first read this I thought it must be a joke, I mean you're supposed to prove you can park during your driving test. But I have seen some pretty awful parking attempts, so maybe it will be useful to some. Living near the city like I do, I can chuck my big SUV in reverse and parallel park with one quick motion, but I guess if you dont do it too often it can be difficult for some.

What will they think of next???

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Another gadget! Man... what if that malfunctions? Better yet, program the car to find a space and park itself. Stop off at a crowded downtown location and abandon the car! It'll take care of itself! Maybe it could give you a phone call to tell you where it's parked.

I'm waiting. I want a car that can go get a job while I'm sleeping to help pay for itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Car That Can Park Itself Put on Sale by Toyota

What will they think of next???

I'm waiting for the transporter beam option ("Beam me up Scotty") that way I don't even have to drive anymore!

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
frankly, the more the car does for me, the better. the main advantage to me of public transportation is that I can read and take care of some work while on the bus. I can't really do that in the car. the less of my attention it takes, the better. (and there isn't so much public transportation around here, so car it is)

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Solution: drive a msaller car. Its pretty simple. Drive a little car, and u can manuever it anywhere, no problems, plus u save alot of gas.

I am getting sick of smart cars, no thanks. 84 Honda CRX best car ever built, in my opinion. Great gas milage, good handling, and them suckers last forever! Id still have my beloved little manual transmission Elfmobile had my #head ex boyfriend not totaled it.

Thats what you get for letting men drive.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
1986 Subaru GL 4wd station wagon,you can keep your overpriced,inefficient,overcomplicated break down waiting to happen.
$300,so I have two.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I believe this is the first step in producing a automobile that can drive itself.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

I was gonna say....
isnt it male drivers who have higher insurance and more wrecks?? lol
Im with copcorn; its just one more thing to break down.

zed

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Solution: drive a msaller car. Its pretty simple. Drive a little car, and u can manuever it anywhere, no problems, plus u save alot of gas.

I am getting sick of smart cars, no thanks. 84 Honda CRX best car ever built, in my opinion. Great gas milage, good handling, and them suckers last forever! Id still have my beloved little manual transmission Elfmobile had my #head ex boyfriend not totaled it.

Thats what you get for letting men drive.
The Prius is already a pretty small car being a bit smaller than a Corrola. However, there are a lot of people in Japan who rarely drive. Many of them women. I know some people who have had their drivers licence for 8 or 10 years and haven't driven since their driving test.

Anyway, I can do without all that traction control and stuuf. It takes the fun out of driving. Let me keep my manual rearwheel drive turbo and I'll be happy.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   

new topics
top topics

join