It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spynx's paw

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The pyramid refurred to that is going to have the latest addition robot sent to find out what is behind the door I belive is an attempt to link the pyramid with Cheops or Kufha once and for all. I read somewhere that there are no inscriptions of any name on the pyramid except for a hoaxter writting the name Kufhar on it himself claiming it to be the pyramid of Kufhar.

Why?

His claim to fame. I can't remember the name of the guy now but again I am refurring to the work of Erich Von Daniken.
The hoxer was shuned by all leading archeaologists.

I read there are no other inscriptions on it what so ever and no real evidance it was Kufhars tomb as no body so far has been found. You can not put a time line on this pyramid until authorities have been happy to find real hard evidance.

The Eqyptian Government is very particular about what gets out and what experiments can be conducted. It is down to pollitics and religion, preservation is just an excuse. We are an advanced society of cleaver people and of course you can findways and solutions to dicovering is there is a chamber under the sphinxes paw. That is my humbal opinion anyway
maybe is isnt the right time and destiny awaits for when it is.

[edit on 05012005 by Earth Angel]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The chemicals found on stones referance again Erich von daniken "In search of the Gods"

You should check the origninal citation, the place where he got it, which would be in the text, to see if that claim stands up to scrutiny.

The jelly info you won't find referances for that anywhere else, I can't explain it, I just seem to know things beyond school science with a little help from the spirit world.

IOW, you make stuff up and go with what 'feels' right. Check.
[quoet]just maybe I am right about this bit at least.

TO NYGDAN

You seem so certain with you answers when quoting everyone else, to the point that you APPEAR TO kNOW ALL THE ANSWERS.

YET WHEN YOU SAY "jUST MAYBE i AM RIGHT ABOUT THIS BIT AT LEAST"

Well quite frankly you don't sound so sure now! I sujest you check the original citation yourself as it is you doubting me. I recomend you read a good modern scientifc book and do your own research. universal pulsation in which atoms ride the wave and cause some of the energy waves but they themselves are not waving.

Ever known the answer to something but you can't explain how you knew the answer? Knowledge you have held onto from past soul experiances and journies in the human body or otherwise.

Prehaps this is above your head and you are not ready to understand such concepts. That is a descision you have conciously made and you have your reasoning. I am not in the habbit of MAKING THINGS UP my friend. Some of us have a better understanding of things you can't see hear taste smell than others.

Q: What do you get if you tap into the univesrse and connect it to your own subconcious

A: Try it and see then maybe you will understand. It will take some practice and time. But until you find out for yourself i can not be of any further assistance.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Maybe we will find out that god doesnt exist and instead jesus was an alien from the mother planet and that other cultures r bull.no offense to n e 1 just sayin maybe

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
when it's not proven at all, or even proveable.

Here's one.

"It's impossible to build something as big as the Pyramids, even with thousands of slaves, and taking decades to do it."

Check out this dude's site. He kills me:

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
when it's not proven at all, or even proveable.

Here's one.

"It's impossible to build something as big as the Pyramids, even with thousands of slaves, and taking decades to do it."

Check out this dude's site. He kills me:

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

that is an awesome website dude....good find!

Wig

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
has anyone excavated out the cambell's tomb shaft? is there any evidence of the tunnel leading towards the sphinx?

The alignment of the three pyramids, just a thought....the first two where ever they are placed would be in a straight line (2 points) the 3rd point if not placed on the straight line has to go somewhere, whereveer it is placed it is likely to coincide with something somewhere in our known world.

Is there a thread here about the underwater pyramids near okinawa btw?

[edit on 9/11/2005 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I don't wig about underwater thread have you ran a search? They are belived to be about 10,000 years old i think! If there isn't a thread on it maybe you could start one!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am new here and I've read all the replies. I find all this info to be quite intriguing, real or not.

From what I have heard on the Discovery channel, the sphinx was built from the remainder of sandstone from building something else, like the king told an artist, "Here's the leftover stone, what can you do with it?"

As far as it goes with a Hall of Records, perhaps the egyptians found something else that survived the ice... evidence of technology predating the ice age.

There have been PROVEN objects to be out of place for that era, such as the ancient battery found in Iraq, or the ANTIKYTHERA MECHANISM, a mechanism that appears to be a device for calculating the motions of stars and planets, dated to be 2000 years old.

here's a link or two:

www.giant.net.au...

www.math.sunysb.edu...

the second one has a diagram

anyways, back on topic, In my own opinion, I think that if there were such a room beneath the sphinx that held records of human history, or at the least answers on how the pyramids were built, the egyptian gov't wouldn't allow access to it because it may jeopardize their best income --- tourism.

Perhaps the Egyptian gov't would rather the mystery of Egypt stay alive as long as possible.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by atomica_26]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomica_26
From what I have heard on the Discovery channel, the sphinx was built from the remainder of sandstone from building something else, like the king told an artist, "Here's the leftover stone, what can you do with it?"

The sphinx was carved in place out of the native limestone. Perhaps you are referring to the facing that has been mortared onto it's surface.

Originally posted by atomica_26There have been PROVEN objects to be out of place for that era, such as the ancient battery found in Iraq, or the ANTIKYTHERA MECHANISM, a mechanism that appears to be a device for calculating the motions of stars and planets, dated to be 2000 years old.

These two items cannot really be classified as "out of place." The Baghdad Battery was made of pottery, the idea of producing a weak electrical current is what is assumed to be "out of place" with it. The truth is, it wouldn't be very hard to discover that dissimilar metals immersed in an electrolyte cause something wierd to happen.

It's thought that this type of battery may have been used to electroplate gold onto baser metals, resulting in huge profits for the user (philosopher's stone, anyone?) Sounds a lot like the middle east of today in this context.

The Antikythera mechanism also cannot be said to be truely "out of place." Only the concept of the utilization of so many finely-made geared wheels to mimic to motions of the planets is out of place, and that not much. Other ways of predicting the motions of heavenly bodies were used long before the use of that particular item for this purpose.

The real question to my mind regarding the Antikythera mechanism is why was such engineering genius wasted on such a stupid thing as predicting the positions of planets? The use of these gears shows the manufacturer was well on his way down the road toward what we today call the industrial revolution, but let superstition and mysticism get in his way. The Antikythera mechanism looked at in this way is really testament to the stupidity of the ancients more than their so-called "advanced" knowledge.

anyways, back on topic, In my own opinion, I think that if there were such a room beneath the sphinx that held records of human history, or at the least answers on how the pyramids were built, the egyptian gov't wouldn't allow access to it because it may jeopardize their best income --- tourism.

Perhaps the Egyptian gov't would rather the mystery of Egypt stay alive as long as possible.

While you (of course) have the right to form any opinion you wish, are you really prepared to say here that the discovery of the "Hall of Records" of the ancients placed exactly where predicted by Edgar Cayce would actually result in a decline in Egyptian tourism? My friend, that is patently absurd.

Harte

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

There have been PROVEN objects to be out of place for that era, such as the ancient battery found in Iraq, or the ANTIKYTHERA MECHANISM, a mechanism that appears to be a device for calculating the motions of stars and planets, dated to be 2000 years old.

These are not out of their place for their era. They show that people 'in the olden days' were as smart as people now.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It never fails to amaze me when I hear how far we have come from ancient man, and how much smarter we are today than they were... (I think if anything we "humans" have become dumber - look at the way they have been dumbing down tests -- er... thats another lecture)

The only thing that realy seperates us from them is that we have the ability to build what they could only design.

There's not a lot of real difference between people today and those ten thousand years ago.

The real biggie is wire - No wire no spark plugs, no communications, etc.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't feel the Antikythera mechanisum is a stupid device which is Hartes opinion. I think it is very useful anyway the thing that is out of place is the knowledge behind the device. Considering we didn't discover the earth was round until the 18th century how can a civilisation 2000 years bc have a device showing planetary movements which revolves round? How did they no how many planets there are and that they all revolve round? Considering we had so little knowledge in the 18th century that is what i'd say is out of place.

We are going backwards i do agree with that and it is probably delibrate and for our own good as too many people are greedy and mis use certain things.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earth Angel
Considering we didn't discover the earth was round until the 18th century...

That is a myth.

(Source)
Essentially no one during the Middle Ages believed the world was flat. Of the many myths about the Middle Ages this one is perhaps the most widespread, and yet at the same time the most roundly and authoritatively debunked.

Considering we had so little knowledge in the 18th century that is what i'd say is out of place.

We had an abundance of knowledge in the 18th century - what makes you think otherwise?

inventors.about.com...

Zip

[edit on 11/24/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I don't feel the Antikythera mechanisum is a stupid device which is Hartes opinion.

I didn't say the mechanism itself was stupid, only the use it was designed for:

Originally posted by Harte
The real question to my mind regarding the Antikythera mechanism is why was such engineering genius wasted on such a stupid thing as predicting the positions of planets? The use of these gears shows the manufacturer was well on his way down the road toward what we today call the industrial revolution, but let superstition and mysticism get in his way. The Antikythera mechanism looked at in this way is really testament to the stupidity of the ancients more than their so-called "advanced" knowledge.

Surely you can agree that if that toothed gear technology was put to use for, say, the creation of more geared teeth (like was done in the industrial revolution,) then the Greeks would have been far better off.

Originally posted by Earth AngelI think it is very useful anyway the thing that is out of place is the knowledge behind the device.

Let's first state here that the actual use of the device remains pretty much unknown to this day. We do know what it could have been used for, and that is to predict planetary positions, probably phases of the moon, solar positions, etc. While some of this information might be useful, none of it is even slightly as useful as a wind-up clock would have been, which is a mechanism that uses similar, if not exactly the same, technology.

Considering we didn't discover the earth was round until the 18th century how can a civilisation 2000 years bc have a device showing planetary movements which revolves round? How did they no how many planets there are and that they all revolve round?

The ancients knew that the planets moved "around." They appeared to be moving "around" the Earth.

The Antikythera mechanism is a rusted out hunk of metal that was recovered only partially. Examination (by x-ray) of the interior gears is the only way we can surmise what it was used for. The device is certainly not complete, and nobody has any substantive evidence (or right to say) that the mechanism positively shows the position of any planet at all. It is certainly wrong to blithely state that this partial device shows the locations or orbits of all the planets, given the fact that several planets cannot be seen with the naked eye.

Harte

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've always been fascinated by the sphinx and connected theories etc. The one theory that i cant quite understand is this. I am almost (i am not a pro in this field and if someone can disprove this please let me know) certain that the great sphinx is the only known case of a sphinx without a partner i.e. most sphinx's come in pairs. However it was assumed that the great sphinx did have a partner earlier in its life and even though not widerly accepted or believed petrie attempted to prove it close to the ending of his egypt time.

Apparently the partner sphinx was situated on the other bank of the nile facing due west whereas the great sphinx faces due east thus both east and west where faced. This sphinx unfortunately was according to the literture i have read conposed manly of a mud brick arrangment with stone casing ( as we all know the locals over the centuries have used this commodity to furnish and build their homes as they did with the casing stones of the great pyramid thus reveiling the mud brick interior). Also according to the articles i have read the location of the second sphinx due to the nile moving over time it was eventually inundated and is no more. What i find so surprising is that the great sphinx is always the sphinx that is attested to have some special chamber associated with it why not this long lost brother (If it existed).

[edit on 27-11-2005 by perspicientia]

[edit on 27-11-2005 by perspicientia]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Okay, they may or may not have had the wheel, but they did have logs from felled trees. You know all that vast desert in the Middle East? A majority of it used to actually be lush forests & they pulled a deforestation FUBAR (those of you that don't know what FUBAR is, it's FU**ed Up Beyond All Repair) on it, because they wanted the wood, & didn't consider the consequences.

No, the pyramids may not have been easy to construct, because the stones weighed immense amounts, but when you've got all the free slave labor (they still cost food, but worked just to exist & not be flayed alive) then you've got a major force to use to as your shiny Egyptian hiny wants.

When you have a slave labor force, that wants to even exist, with slave masters with whips, there's a whole lot of motivation to do things, especially extra heavy duty lifting, pulling &, pushing of stone blocks.

By the way, another thing most people don't think about, they did actually have very very crude cranes back then, using what else? Wood & stones as counter balances. The Greeks & Romans had them too, so guess where they got the idea, one race stole the idea from the other. Don't know which way, & don't care either.

The whole World takes ideas as their own, & ignores the people that originally had it. Did you know, that the Ancient Egytians actually had batteries? Yup, it's been on the History Channel many times. Leonardo Da Vinci had the ideas for the airplane, the tank, etc back in his time, but it didn't come around & into use til a lot later, because he was ahead of his time. Things like flying machines were something that would've gotten him stoned to death, because people were so superstitious back then.

Just as last second thought, yeah, they had wheels.....what were the chariots carried on behind the horses? Open a history book, or watch something else other than MTV Cribs & you might learn something, you might actually grow a brain cell or two.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by SpartanLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
OMG, HARTE.

Why is it that you have such a problem with the idea of gears used for an ancient planetary device being stupid? Hell, it's really not a waste if you think about it. I mean, look at it this way: if we didn't spend so much time building churches and worshipping god, we would be more advanced. What the hell? Planets, the sky, the sun, the moon, ALL THESE THINGS ARE IMPORTANT. We haven't yet been able to "PROVE" in your terms, the existence of God. And really, the ancients we more in touch with the idea of the god(s) discovery than we are today. It actually seems more realistic than making more freakin gears at the time. Hey, it's better to use rockets and technology to discover new frontiers than it is to KILL OTHER HUMANS, Right???

Maybe I'm wrong. I just think that between making more gears or machines or whatever and looking toward the heavens, the latter seems more logical.

After all, what is the point of living if all you're going to do is build something, when you may just stumble upon a higher knowledge?

It's when we ignore "stupid" ideas that we miss out on a new discovery.

And when I said the mechanism seemed out of place, I meant that mechanics were not abundant if at all present in that era, time, year, whatever you want to call it.

I know you need evidence kicking you in the --- to beleive it, I'm just saying it's interesting.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My current video of project 2003 (9.6 ton block) and project 2000 (the barn move) is documented with detail and is now available with digital quality for purchase on DVD and VHS. This video has recently been revised and now includes the Egyptian hoist with never before seen footage.

Order yours today for $15.00!

Web page was nice and an
Interesting find though....

-DT

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

OMG, HARTE.

Why is it that you have such a problem with the idea of gears used for an ancient planetary device being stupid? Hell, it's really not a waste if you think about it. I mean, look at it this way: if we didn't spend so much time building churches and worshipping god, we would be more advanced. What the hell? Planets, the sky, the sun, the moon, ALL THESE THINGS ARE IMPORTANT. We haven't yet been able to "PROVE" in your terms, the existence of God. And really, the ancients we more in touch with the idea of the god(s) discovery than we are today. It actually seems more realistic than making more freakin gears at the time.

I think that the use of this kind of technology only for keeping track of planetary positions is extremely wasteful, that's why. There were other methods for accomplishing the same thing, without using the toothed-wheel technology. On the other hand, there are a great many extremely good things that could have been accomplished only by using the toothed-wheel technology that were not. But, given your belief that "ALL THESE THINGS ARE IMPORTANT," then you have to admit that, if this technology had been used to create more (and standardized) gears, then the possession of devices similar to the Antikythera mechanism could have been made commonplace and affordable to the Greek citizenry. And starting with carefully made gears, standardized geared wheels can be manufactured mechanically, allowing for interchangeable parts in a multitude of mechanisms. The sky is the limit once this application of technology is recognized.

Originally posted by atomica_26Hey, it's better to use rockets and technology to discover new frontiers than it is to KILL OTHER HUMANS, Right???

Maybe I'm wrong. I just think that between making more gears or machines or whatever and looking toward the heavens, the latter seems more logical.

How do gears "kill other humans"? Face it, man, technology itself in the days of the Greeks was almost 100% focused on "killing other humans," just as much of it is today. And while looking toward the heavens may seem more logical to you (and maybe even to the Greeks,) I'd say that the proper application of the technology illustrated by the Antikythera mechanism would have led to Greeks not being killed. Particularly by the Romans. Such technology could have helped Greece remain Greek, and not become a Roman slave state.

Originally posted by atomica_26After all, what is the point of living if all you're going to do is build something, when you may just stumble upon a higher knowledge?

That is truly inane. "All you're going to do is build something?" What does that mean? Should (or did) the Greeks sit around and contemplate their navels? What "higher knowledge" could possibly be obtained by eschewing any advancement in technology?

Originally posted by atomica_26It's when we ignore "stupid" ideas that we miss out on a new discovery.

Or in the case of the Greeks, paying attention to stupid ideas can cause you to miss out on self-governance and a better life for your citizenry.

Originally posted by atomica_26And when I said the mechanism seemed out of place, I meant that mechanics were not abundant if at all present in that era, time, year, whatever you want to call it.

And it was my lament that the Greeks used this extremely useful technology only in a wasteful manner.

I know you need evidence kicking you in the --- to beleive it, I'm just saying it's interesting.

I'm not sure why you chide me here about evidence. I certainly would not deny the existence of the Antikythera mechanism. It is it's own best evidence. The point I tried to make (and to which you objected) is that this type of mechanism would have benefitted more Greeks in a vastly greater way if it had been designed for a more useful application.
As an example, early European sailors had a very hard time navigating because longitude was impossible for them to calculate. Latitude is easy, because the angle of the North star is enough to tell you how far north or south you are. But the proper calculation of longitude requires somewhat accurate timekeeping, something very difficult on a ship that is tossing to and fro on the ocean. Difficult, that is, until devices very similar to the Antikythera mechanism were invented (spring driven clocks.)

Such an application of toothed-wheel technology would have greatly benefitted the Greeks, if only they had stopped "looking toward the heavens" for long enough to realize what they held in their earthbound hands.

Harte

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by only onus
I heard that a chamber was found beneth one of the spynx's paws. And that the chamber was fortold by Edward Cacy (not sure about the spelling). And that He said that there would be a lot of things answered, like the start of civilization, alien influnce, and Atlantis. Has anyone else herd of this? And if so, has anyone attempted to open it( I know the Egyption gov. is kind of snooty about stuff like that). Or if their are any plans to do so?

What would humanity do if when Giza is dug up we find our history buried there, with our present recorded as well?

Proof for judgement day is what I believe is there.

Tower of babyl?

-edit- your speach
-edit- ur spoech
kuf ru cheops
kufru cheops
Kufru Cheops

The Great Pyramid
The Tower of Babyl

Mod edit: Do not bypass the censors

[edit on 6-12-2005 by parrhesia]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>