It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sin of Adam and Eve

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Basically, yes--and the story is largely written from the POV of the observer--neither from Adam and Eve's view, nor God's--not even the serpent. (though I couldn't say who it was--but you know what I mean)

Then your god is not tyranical. Good. Too bad there aren't more queenies in this world.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I still don't think much of anyone would listen--everyone prefers to listen to the snake.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

God commanded Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. But, until they had eaten from it, they did not understand that they should obey god, because they had no knowledge yet of good and evil.

How then can god hold them (and more bizarrely, us) accountable for disobeying, when they did not yet have the capicity to understand that disobedience was wrong?

id like to answer the original question.

If God tells you not to do something, you probably should not do it.
doing something someone told you not to do is wrong. they had knowledge of one thing that was wrong, and that was to eat from that tree of knowledge.
now that they ate, they could decide between right and wrong, all they had to do was do what they do and stay away from that tree. the placing the tree there was giving them a choice to either follow God or to not follow God.

God gave man a free will so that we wouldnt be a robot. if you made a robot that didnt know right from wrong and didnt know anything but to love you because it was commanded to... would that make you feel loved?
would it feel more like love if you gave it a choice to love you and do what you told it or to have the choice not to?

<< 1  2   >>

join