It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! US Military present at Rowdy Car Show in New Jersey!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Don't delete this or move to BTS this is a newsworthy topic. Please read the entire post before commenting.

This just happened and you won't be able to find a link to a story on it for a couple days probably because I am bringing it here first and I swear to you that I am telling the truth.

I was just a Car and Bike show in Englishtown, New Jersey I would say there were maybe 300 or so people present and most of them were drunk and some even a little rowdy...but in a non-violent sort of way.

I was shocked at the number of Police Officers that were present. They were on every corner and on every street, and never just 1 officer by themselves but always in teams of 2 or more.

But that part I can understand, they want to make sure nothing gets out of hand. To be honest with you, it even made me feel a little safer. I quickly realized that the cops were there to serve and protect...and for the most part kept a very low profile.

But the MOST SHOCKING part of all is, There were Military Armed Guards present as well. They were wearing all dark green camo almost like a poncho type thing with camp pants. Seeing the Military there did NOT give me a safe feeling. It got me thinking, why are "they" here? Is there a bomb threat? Are we Safe?

Right after that we got our car and left as soon as possble.

My Questions Are:

1. Should the Military be allowed to help the police "serve and protect" against the "American People" and their Constitutional Right of Freedom of Assembly?
2. Does a military presence make the situation any more preventable? or is it just more an attempt at making it more "controlable"?
3. Do you feel safer with Armed Military Soldiers watching over you?
4. Would you be shocked to see Armed Soldiers at your next county fair?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 prohibits the use of the Army in civilian law enforcement. The Act embodies the traditional American principle of separating civilian and military authority and currently forbids the use of the military to enforce civilian laws. The government seems to forget this important law is in place and is slowly eroding this Act.

Perhaps it is time to prosecute elected officials for violating this Act. The PCA criminalizes, effectively prohibiting, the use of the military as a posse comitatus to execute the laws of the United States.

It reads:
"Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Firstly, I would think that the very large numbers of police present might be an effort to forestall expected violence by one or more motorcycle gangs. This seems like the most logical explanation for the heavy police presence.

Secondly, are you certain that the 'soldiers' were in fact military? I am not doubting what you saw, but as the widely viewed 'Utah rave tape' has demonstrated, civilian law enforcement agencies do wear military style equipment: camos, automatic weapons, helmets, etc. Perhaps you could ring your local police station and ask them why the military was present?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
where2, you state there were military armed guards. Is that a positive ID of a US military presence or was it an assumption based on other factors?Still interesting though, are they "expecting" something to happen?
To answer your questions, I still believe the posse comitatus act should be adhered too. To do otherwise would truly open a Pandora's Box.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Days Of Prophecy

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
My Questions Are:

1. Should the Military be allowed to help the police "serve and protect" against the "American People" and their Constitutional Right of Freedom of Assembly?
2. Does a military presence make the situation any more preventable? or is it just more an attempt at making it more "controlable"?
3. Do you feel safer with Armed Military Soldiers watching over you?
4. Would you be shocked to see Armed Soldiers at your next county fair?

My question is: Do you know what the Predictions & Prophecies forum is for?

Here's a prediction: This thread will be moved, possibly to BTS.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
yea what does this have to do with predictions or prophesies. this should go in the gov military section or a simple chat forum. why would you pick this one????

Kind regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It could have been cops dressed up like military.

But with that being said, the guard was wearing all cammo and a cammo poncho had an automatic rifle and was standing at attention.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck....

Whats the real difference between 10 REAL army troops in full gear and 10 PSUEDO army troops (police in camo with backpacks, assault rifles, ect)?

Is it the training that makes the difference? Or is it the effect of seeing a military style trooper with a large weapon posted on the corner watching you? The average citizen can't tell the difference. The overall effect is the same to me - intimidation, control. So if this is some ploy the local authorities are adopting to enforce laws, what difference does the label make? Army or police - beefing up the individual to resemble some wartime soldier provokes the same reaction. The argument over wether or not they were actually MILITARY seems moot to me. They had all the dressings of army personel - the rest is semantics. The trend is gaining popularity.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm operating under the assumption that these were police in fatigues and tactical gear, not soldiers, until somebody can point out some kind of evidence that they were actually military.

If that's the case, I see no problem, as long as they had some reason (and I'm assuming they didn't invest all of that money for officers on overtime just for the heck of it). If they were anticipating trouble with rival motorcycle clubs at that event, good on them for being prepared. Believe me, I've been close to some serious bikers (Hessians and Vagos- please not that I AM NOT a Vago, despite my name) and heard enough to know that the police have to be deadly serious if they mean to actually prevent a fued between those people.

When you or me say we'd like to hurt somebody, we calm down tomorrow. When my former step-dad and his lot get riled up and say they'd like to hurt somebody- people mysteriously start turning up hurt, and if the police have a clue at all, they can usually only do so much to stand in the way of it.

If I wanted to go to a carshow and I heard that a couple of MCs were getting ready to go at it, I wouldn't show up unless I was assured that there would be police with assault rifles there.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I'm operating under the assumption that these were police in fatigues and tactical gear, not soldiers, until somebody can point out some kind of evidence that they were actually military.

If that's the case, I see no problem, as long as they had some reason (and I'm assuming they didn't invest all of that money for officers on overtime just for the heck of it). If they were anticipating trouble with rival motorcycle clubs at that event, good on them for being prepared. Believe me, I've been close to some serious bikers (Hessians and Vagos- please not that I AM NOT a Vago, despite my name) and heard enough to know that the police have to be deadly serious if they mean to actually prevent a fued between those people.

I say BS! Police should not be looking like the military. Sure they sould protect themselves by wearing body armour and the like but Camo? Come on the Camo in the city residential or county fair is NOT NEEDED. It is fascist fear tactics and America is not the country I grew up in anymore.

Crime rates per capita are down in most big cities it just that the news is getting really good at making everyone affraid of everyone else. Leave the militarized police scare tactics for the third world, we do not need it in the land of the free.

Or is it free?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Come on the Camo in the city residential or county fair is NOT NEEDED. It is fascist fear tactics and America is not the country I grew up in anymore.

An unnecessary macho trip- probably. Fascist scare tactics? As a general rule I don't think most people are paranoid enough, but you my friend, may be a little too paranoid. What is supposed to be scarry about people in green?
And Fascist? Fascism is a political ideology. I can not find one scrap of anything anywhere which would indicate that camoflauge is inherently fascistic.

Crime rates per capita are down in most big cities...(snip) Leave the militarized police scare tactics for the third world...

Oh, crime rates are down? Let's tell the police to stop trying then. Afterall if crime rates are down there is absolutely ZERO chance of ANYTHING happening at that carshow which might be averted by a strong police presence.
Let me call up my ex-stepdad and tell him to let the Hessians know that crime rates are down- maybe they'll curtail the rest of their activities too just to avoid breaking that streak.
Give me a break.
And if you're just deathly afraid of what might happen if the police wear green, I suggest that you call Dr. Phil.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What Price Freedom

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Or is it free?

It's not. You have to pay to live here.

If you don't, your property will be auctioned off and you'll be locked in prison.

"Land of the Taxed" is a more accurate term for America.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The military was hardly there to actually protect you... It sounds to me like a bit propaganda... it makes poples appriciate the army... In the air-shows that I've been in, there's always been soldiers, with heavy machine-guns... To me it sounds like bare propaganda...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Of course airshows take place on military bases, so I'm not so sure that's really a fair comparison, and again I'm inclined to beleive that it was just police officers.

To be honest, without pictures, I'm not entirely sure it wasn't a JROTC detatchment. Back in highschool I attended plenty of public events in fatigues and carrying a dummy rifle. We weren't there to intimidate anyone, or even really to do much in the way of security- we just strutted around looking good and doing tricks with our rifles to impress the visitors mostly.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What I think is that the beer they may have been seriving there was filled with something other than alcohol or...

The millitary knows about this car show and last year it got way out of hand so they're standing by just in case.

new topics

top topics

join