It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gamma rays from radio ways??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Is it possible for some gamma rays to be low energy waves from something moving toward us while we move toward them?

What level of light would it become if two objects going near the speed of light traveling toward each other with a light?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by templersstorms1312
Is it possible for some gamma rays to be low energy waves from something moving toward us while we move toward them?

Theoretically, sure.

Originally posted by templersstorms1312
What level of light would it become if two objects going near the speed of light traveling toward each other with a light?

Depends on the relative speed, check the formulas for the doppler effect.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Studied this for a year and finally figured out why there were circles coming out of the damn stars instead of wavy lines lol. I kinda have two theories, not sure which is correct.

I. It's not an ACTUAL gamma-ray, it is simply recorded at the FREQUENCY of it because we are moving toward it. I understand that when something is moving toward us the waves coming out of it toward us are compressed, which increases the frequency. But us moving toward it only red-lines or blue-lines it. I hope theory 1 makes some sense to you guys

II. Yeah. Basically, but it would have to be moving really really fast toward us.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
I. It's not an ACTUAL gamma-ray, it is simply recorded at the FREQUENCY of it because we are moving toward it.

It is an ACTUAL gamma ray for the person moving fast enough towards it. Since according to relativity theory there is no absolute reference frame, you can't say absolutely whether it is a gamma ray or radio wave, it depends on the observer.

join