It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient tools of modern design found in coal deposits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've heard many times over, where simple hand tools were found embedded in veins of coal deep within the earth.
Hammers, pry bars, pliers and the like.
The tools proper weren't recovered, but they had left an impression in the coal.

Along those lines I talked to a tunnel builder a couple of years back.
He stated they were tunneling through a mountain and were about 2400' underground from the top of the mountain.
They found a deposit of stone tools and shards of pottery.
No one said anything because the project would have been shut down and the company would be out of a sizable chunk of money.

Any other similar stories out there?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I find Indian pottery shards all the time in the Arizona desert where housing developments are going in.

I have heard about the out of place artifacts like you have mentioned. I have also heard about two giant machines of unknown origin being found while excavating in Nevada. They were promptly reburied.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I live in N/W Arizona and my friend and I explore the desert in a jeep when the weather is cooler.

I see a lot of small arrowhead looking pieces of stone and I probably ought to be picking them up.

Right now we've been looking for turquoise and exploring ghost towns.

Funniest bit on the turquoise is, the first piece I found was in my gravel driveway.
The rock co. gets some of it's stone from the copper mine tailings not too far away.
Turquoise is usually found with aluminum and copper.

Anyway, I found a small piece of turquoise in the gravel driveway that was probably ground up by the gravel making machine....

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've heard of stories where coins with unknown writing and tools have been recovered in coal mines. Ive even heard one story where they said they found a door and behind it was a marble staircase that went straightdown into the earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There are plenty of stories, but they either can't be investigated at all, or when they are actually investigated it turns out to be a hoax or a tremendous error.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Tell us more, thats plain silly....

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have also heard about two giant machines of unknown origin being found while excavating in Nevada. They were promptly reburied.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Amazingly whenever these things are found they are promptly hushed up.....

Please people, a company could make an absolute fortune if they discovered some sort of archaeological wonder that totally rewrote history. Dont be so daft as to think that anything more remarkable then dinosaur fossils have been found in the depths of the mines.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think the name of the place was Calaveras, where many years ago a human skull was found in the middle of a mountain that was being tunneled or the like, in California.a find that as far as I am aware was pretty well documented although probably soon forgotten by the scholars.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
anybody REALLY interested in this subject should purchase michael cremo and richard thompson's book 'forbidden archeology' - much bigger than the lord of the rings trilogy and packed full of all manner of 'things' which have been discovered and just dont fit into our view of archeological history

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
anybody REALLY interested in this subject should purchase michael cremo and richard thompson's book 'forbidden archeology' - much bigger than the lord of the rings trilogy and packed full of all manner of 'things' which have been discovered and just dont fit into our view of archeological history

A word of caution, here... evidence from his book has been brought up before and researched by many folks here (including myself, but I'm not the only one). In many cases he's reporting on urban legends, and some of the cases have been completely debunked.

I remember one tale of a woman losing her job over one of these artifacts (she was on a dig and claimed an unusual date for an artifact.) When we went out and googled her, we found that she had NOT lost her job and the reports (newspaper and other) were not what had been reported in this book.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
thanks byrd. i wasnt aware of this. it must be around 10 years since i read the book though so plenty of time for it to have been investigated thoroughly since then. still, there was a lot of interesting things in there that did make you scratch your head

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelanteski
I think the name of the place was Calaveras, where many years ago a human skull was found in the middle of a mountain that was being tunneled or the like, in California.a find that as far as I am aware was pretty well documented although probably soon forgotten by the scholars.

No, it wasn't forgotten. In fact, it's been well studied and documented because it was a notable fake.

The miners apparently wanted to play a joke on the local scientists (this was, after all, the 1860's) and got a skull from a local Indian burial and planted it there. The skull seems to be about 1,000 years old (solid dating is not achievable because it was moved from its original location and all context was lost.)
www.talkorigins.org...

It was quickly determined to be a hoax played on a rather unloved and unloveable professor at Harvard who was in the area doing some studies.:
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

This was confirmed by several people (including reporters, I think) interviewing the people who lived around the town where the skull was found. A number of them said it was a hoax and gave the name of a man known for his jokes. The man, when interviewed, said that he had gotten the skull from a cave (the Indians of the area practiced cave burials) and that he had put it in the mine to play a joke on the uppity Eastern professor.
groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I think the name of the place was Calaveras [...]well documented although probably soon forgotten by the scholars.

It was not forgotten, it was a hoax.
www.talkorigins.org...
www.talkorigins.org...
Short Refutation

The Calaveras skull was a deliberate hoax and was immediately recognized as such by scientists (Conrad 1982).

Originally posted by justyc
anybody REALLY interested in this subject should purchase michael cremo and richard thompson's book 'forbidden archeology' -

Anyone seriously intersted in the topic shouldn't bother with that book.

much bigger than the lord of the rings trilogy

And just as much based on fantasy.

still, there was a lot of interesting things in there that did make you scratch your head

Because the author's were poorly researched and trying to promote the idea that these things were 'great mysteries'.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I read a short story once along these lines. It seems that there was a stretch of railroad tunnel in New York under the river that was seldom used except for a single train. A reporter was writing a story about the engineer that ran the train and was riding along when he noticed a branch line that was guarded by a door.
Yada, yada, yada.

Robot guarding an ancient fortress, yada, yada, yada.

I wish I could remember the name or author.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Along those lines I talked to a tunnel builder a couple of years back.
He stated they were tunneling through a mountain and were about 2400' underground from the top of the mountain. They found a deposit of stone tools and shards of pottery. No one said anything because the project would have been shut down and the company would be out of a sizable chunk of money.
Any other similar stories out there?

Yes I'm afraid so. Its sad but true that this kind of ignorance happen all over the world, destroying their own forgotten past.

That it is inside mountains might tell us that mountains can form alot faster then hitherto belived... Or the things found are actually millions of years old.

There was several two-handed dino-races, who know if not one of them actually were intelligent and aware like us? In the Aliens section here on ATS I've read that many think one of the alien races is dino or reptile like... but maybe they are earthlings too and not aliens? Several hundred million years ahead of us in tech.

If mountains can form fast I belive the base must be sand or clay depending on the color and type of mountain. But it would still take time, several thousand years (just guessing). But that would mean we humans - or our pre-human anchestors - had tech of at least two-masted sailboats and be able to make iron anchor. (Referring here to a discovery in a spanish tunell that was made where they found an anchor and ship (or rather the stone imprint of such)).

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Ghaele]

top topics

join