It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B Complex Vitamins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As its name implies, vitamin B complex is a combination or mixture of 8 essential vitamins. Although each is chemically distinct, the B vitamins coexist in many of the same foods and often work together to bolster metabolism, maintain healthy skin and muscle tone, enhance immune and nervous system function, and promote cell growth and division - including that of the red blood cells that help prevent anemia.

Together they also combat stress, depression and cardiovascular disease. B vitamins, which are water soluble, are dispersed throughout the body and must be replenished daily with any excess excreted in the urine.

People susceptible to vitamin B deficiency include pregnant women, nursing mothers, vegetarians, alcoholics, sugar-holics, the elderly, and people with malabsorption conditions or who take certain antibiotics long-term.

Symtoms of B vitamin deficiency can include oily or scaly skin, upset stomach, headaches, anxiety, moodiness, and heart arrhythmias.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I take my ultra B-complex every day. Its also fun to pee neon yellow!

I would be careful when taking more than recommended B-100 vitamins cuz of the niacin(Vitamin B-3, nicotinic acid) content. It causes these warm flushes as an indication of b3 saturation. I would get B complex containing Niacinamide instead. It does not cause these flushes and is relatively safe.

I had such brittle nails a few months ago until I started taking the B-complex. Its made a huge difference. They smell like puke though.

new topics

join