It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Protests Target Wounded at Army Hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The liberal, anti-warers have stooped to a new low.

These are disgusting people. Any further words will get me a warning......

www.cnsnews.com...\SpecialReports\archive\200508\SPE20050825a.html

Anti-War Protests Target Wounded at Army Hospital
By Marc Morano
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
August 25, 2005

See Marc Morano's Video Report

Washington (CNSNews.com) - The Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., the current home of hundreds of wounded veterans from the war in Iraq, has been the target of weekly anti-war demonstrations since March. The protesters hold signs that read "Maimed for Lies" and "Enlist here and die for Halliburton."

The anti-war demonstrators, who obtain their protest permits from the Washington, D.C., police department, position themselves directly in front of the main entrance to the Army Medical Center, which is located in northwest D.C., about five miles from the White House.

Click link to read the rest of the story.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
yeah, its this kind of stuff that really makes me sick.

"But Luke and the other anti-war protesters dismissed the message of the counter demonstrators. "We know most of the George Bush supporters have never spent a day in uniform, have never been closer to a battlefield than seeing it through the television screen," Luke said."

If thats true, why the hell are you protesting outside a veterans hospital?
Dont they all share your views?

and code pinko can take their commie loving selves and live in vietnam and cuba. If its so great there why dont they go live there?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
all the anti-war, liberals decide to ignore this article and behavior.

I am curious as to these individuals on this board what they think, if the agree with these other anti-war/liberal protesters actions on our wounded service men.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

A hospital is not a suitable location for an anti-war demonstration

This is true. Shame on them.

the price of George Bush's foreign policy can be seen right here at Walter Reed -- young men who returned from Iraq with their bodies shattered after George Bush sent them to war for a lie.

Like it or not, this is true as well. Shame on him and his war machine.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To be honnest, the article doesn't state anything that would make someone conclude what your implying or saying.

They are protesting FOR the soldiers, not against them.
This on the spot where these soldiers can be seen that have been maymed and torn apart by this war, an image that has been held from the public as much as possible. Soldiers that die in German and US military hospitals don't even get added to the Iraqi deathcount. I would say that if they died or got wounded fighting for what their country sent them to fight for, they more then deserved the public spotlight and their names mentioned on the official deathtoll.

From the article, the protesters do nothing but praise the soldiers and give them their condolences and best wishes and hope their protests will help to make sure that there are less soldiers that end up in these hospitals.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
all the anti-war, liberals decide to ignore this article

They're ignoring Political Trolling Mr Moore.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In case nobody is putting out this very important info, we DO NOT copy/paste entire works of other people. A paragraph or two, and a link to the work.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Walter Reed Medical Center to Be Closed it seems that people in Washington will not have to be reminded of what the Bush war has cost in terms of bodies and minds. And the protesters will just have to find some where else to demonstrate.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here's a link to video footage:

wm1.radiotalk.com...

That just really doesn't seem like the forum for that kind of protest. Luke said that if he were in the same position, having gone to war to find out he lost a leg for a lie, he'd want to be protesting, or if he couldn't would want someone to do so on his behalf. I wonder, though, how many war vets he's talked to and asked if they feel the same way. Luke hasn't served, he has no idea what these soldiers went through and what they're feeling. He's making assumptions based on this political agenda.

I think they're wrong for protesting there, but they do have the legal right to. Quite frankly, all this has done is turn me off from Code Pink even more than I had been with the exploitation of Cindy Sheehan. They are using people's suffering, sometimes with their consent (Sheehan) other times without (hospital) to make a political statement.

I was very troubled by the second person interviewed from Code Pink in the video. What would he think if one of his loved ones were in that hospital and they saw, as they were going to visit him, that sign. The guy admits that he would be extremely upset with them, but then goes on to say that it needs to get out. Hey bucko, it is out, everyone has heard the line, "Bush lied, people died". Everyone is aware of the issue here. Standing in front of the hospital, where you're getting little to no media coverage (you decide the reason, to cover up a protest or because of the outrage that will follow if this gets out), but are able to harrass the people who have loved ones in the hospital.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Actually it seems that the "Protesters" are not protesting against the soldiers, the are protesting against what the Iraqi conflict is doing to our soldiers.

Also they are also bringing two very good points that actually they are to be taken into consideration and that is, Haliburton involvement.

thematrix and Icarus Rising are right in their post about the true nature of the protest.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yuo should have included that the patients are going to go to an updated and larger facility, which will be renamed walter-reed, in the Maryland area and not make it sound as if the hospital is closing and the patients have not where to go.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Marg, what difference does it make, huh? Do they have to show their butts everywhere they go? That is totally improper, and they should be dragged off and locked up. Those soldiers have gone through enough.

There is no decent way to support or defend those types of people. Don't even try.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yuo should have included that the patients are going to go to an updated and larger facility, which will be renamed walter-reed, in the Maryland area and not make it sound as if the hospital is closing and the patients have not where to go.

Sauron's contention is that, if the hospital isn't in D.C., then the politicians won't know that there's anyone injured. The claim is out of sight, out of mind. However, just because we're moving the soldiers to a hospital that will be better equiped to handle wounds of a battle nature, doesn't mean suddenly injury reports will stop coming in, protests across the country will stop, and Bush will stop visiting injured soldiers and their families (yep, he does that. Often.)

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The majority of those soldiers wounded in that hospital I'm sure want to feel that they have been wounded for an honorable cause and they also have a much better picture of what is truely going on in Iraq, more so than hippies waving signs because they don't agree with the current administrations agenda. They need to do these soldiers a big favor and march into that hospital and thank everyone of them for the sacrifice they made weather it be for a cause they believed in or not.

I bet if you ask those soldiers if they think we are in Iraq for oil and imperialism they would provide a much different scenario. I know the few soldiers I have talked to I don't recall one of them spouting off oil and all this other crap that people who have never even been there say we are over there for.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

all the anti-war, liberals decide to ignore this article and behavior.

I am curious as to these individuals on this board what they think, if the agree with these other anti-war/liberal protesters actions on our wounded service men.

I am against this war. I'm not ignoring the situation, I just don't know what you expect to hear from us or why you care what our opinion is.

They're protesting where they choose to, where they think it will have an impact. It's what they do. It's legal and as yet, no one seems to be hurting anyone. These patients have been through a war. They've had body parts blown off. Surely they can handle a little disagreement. They're big boys and girls.

I am sure there are patients who don't appreciate the protest as I'm sure there are those who do. That's not really the point.

I proudly support and defend these protesters, just as I support and defend the troops. That is nothing to be ashamed of. I may not agree with everything they do or say (the protesters or the troops), but they're standing up for what they believe in and for that, I'm fully behind them.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually it seems that the "Protesters" are not protesting against the soldiers, the are protesting against what the Iraqi conflict is doing to our soldiers.

Also they are also bringing two very good points that actually they are to be taken into consideration and that is, Haliburton involvement.

thematrix and Icarus Rising are right in their post about the true nature of the protest.

Damn, I do not know where you and others get off thinking that these protestors are actually protesting 'FOR' the soldiers! Lining flag draped coffins along the side walk is suppose to help them how exactly? Forcing
wounded soldiers and their families to deal with political bias when they are just trying to get by day to day is helping them how? Is this your idea
of an Anti-war protestors hug? Gimme a break. I am a Bush supporter. I wore a uniform. I was wounded in battle. I spent two years in a military
hospital learning how to walk again. Now tell me again how this is suppose to be a protest against war and not a protest against the wounded? Tell me why it is so helpful to time the protest with the hours that the families are visiting? Come on give me that warm and fuzzy about how these people care so much about the wounded that they stand outside and yell anti-war slogans. Where the f*** do you people come from?

link   
BH, it seems you've been spared the pain of body trauma and don't realize how much of a spiritual and emotional drain it can be.

They have a "right". Well, that makes it A-ok, doesn't it?

Of the wars in which we've been involved in the last 100 years, I haven't found one that doesn't have globalist NWO forces driving it, and I see a LOT of evidence that this one is no different. That doesn't mean the demonstrators' actions are decent, right or honorable. The soldiers are honorable, on the other hand. The less than honorable crowd has no respect and shows no respect. That has no bearing on their "right", it simply speaks volumes about those people.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I just don't know what you expect to hear from us or why you care what our opinion is.

Just in case anyone is wondering.....
He Doesn't! If you cared what somone's opinion was, would you start off by insulting them and trashing their ideas right off the bat? Heck no. People that start like that have already made up their minds.

link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
There is no decent way to support or defend those types of people. Don't even try.

I am not defending but actually telling the way I see it.

Another thing is to lie to somebody to make them happy and another one to tell the true for what it is, sooner or later the true is going to come out not matter what.

Is nothing about this war that needs to be hidden.

At least if I am going to be involve in an anti war protest I will have the decency, courtesy and good taste to not do it on a hospital.

Does that sounds better.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Interesting point, Nygdan, would the poster attack the opposing side if the tables were turned?

I know that you and I would, as we find hideous behavior unacceptable, but we have the ability to look beyond politics and see dirt for what it is.

Politics blinds people, and they miss some major points and some major wrong-doings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join