It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PODcasts are coming, the PODcasts are coming!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Either later today or tomorrow, the first of many official ATS PODcasts will be available for subscription. And at the same time, members will be able to submit their own audio for inclusion in our PODcast feed. ATS will be the first online community to offer this advanced new feature for our members without fees or charges of any type.

Our official PODcasts will feature various members of our staff providing commentary on board happenings, world events, and even answering questions from members.
Ask The Overlord: For our first PODcast, if you have a question you'd like to hear addressed, send me a U2U with your question and we'll try to get it into the program.

Submitting your own PODcasts will be no more difficult than using our member upload function. Simply save your audio content as an MP3 file, and use our PODcast creation tool to upload your file and add your title and description. If you've contributed more than 500 posts, your PODcast is automatically added to our feed. For members with less than 500 posts, your submission requires staff approval. File sizes are limited to 2 megabytes, which means you should us 32kbps mono to keep 10 minutes of content within the file size limit. (If you or have material that requires a higher quality bit-rate or is much longer in length, U2U me.)

At roll-out, we'll have one PODcast feed, but eventually, we'd like to carry four.

ATS: Conspiracy and alternative topics, with official content from ATS.

BTS: Member POD-safe music, mashups, spoken word, and humor.

PTS: Political commentary and satire from our members.

ATSNN: Current events and especially commentary on ATSNN stories.

So blow the dust off your microphones, clear your throat, and get ready to be a part of the PODcast revolution that is causing corporate media to tremble in their collective boots.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Sorry for my ignorance,

can you recommend a good MacOS X program for receiving PODcasts?

thank you in advance!

dc

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dacruz
can you recommend a good MacOS X program for receiving PODcasts?

dacruz, if you are running OS X i think iTunes will automatically boot when you open the POD cast. (i could be wrong)

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
ohh, yes I see..Its a new feature in the 4.9 version!

thanks sanctum

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It doesn't work for me, it keeps on saying that the page does not exist, this is when i click the podcat icon! Can you give me any advice on how to reesolve this problem?

thanks

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
It doesn't work for me, it keeps on saying that the page does not exist

First, member PODcasts will be coming to ATS soon. Within one week, we will be the first online community that integrates member-created audio content into a PODcast feed. And you can be certain our PODcasts will be listed in all the appropriate directories, including iTunes. We'll be accepting your MP3 files that comment on ATS topics, provide support for threads, or even broadcast your favorite pod-safe music and mashups.

ATS Weekly

Sanc'.

fum

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
YES finally podcast now to find some way of buying a new ipod so i can get these podcast so i can hear it on my way to school

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
oops sorry, i diddnt read the whole thing! I should have read the date on he first post.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
ATS Free RSS Reader, PODcast (and how too install)

I use the RSS Reader linked above to listen and or download ATS PodCasts it is free and easy to set up.

[edit on 25/8/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Cool...its good to put a voice to an Avatar

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh yeah
. I think I feel my first political broadcast coming on. Too bad I won't be allowed to distribute copyright protected music- I've always sworn that when i finally made it into broadcast I was gonna start with a Toby Kieth clip:
"I couldn't make you love me, but I always dreamed about, livin' in your radio- tell me how do ya like me now?"

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I can't wait to see where this is going.

Odysseus

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They're here... click on the PODcast tab.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Cool stuff man! Nice to put a voice to the face. I'll burn it to CD so I can listen to it in the motor over the weekend.
I might try and get the nerve up and give it a crack meself!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I really like the idea of pos casts.
It can do two things that I like.
We can "hear" some of the members we only chat/post with (SO,Springer and Simon), maybe even some super mods and regular mods for that case, this makes them a little bit more real if u know what I mean.
Also, not all of us may have time to read long interviews and such, but most of us can listen to it while we do other things.

SO, heard your cast-nice.
You have a good radio voice, and a face for radio-just kidding.
I could easily imagine that voice for c to c or something similar.
I would like to see some pod casting deal with ufo and such forth.
Then we would not even need c to c (coast to coast) which now charges.

[edit on 8/26/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey Skeptic, you got a good PodCasting Voice!
I hope to see more from you in the future
And I'm finally glad we are starting up ATS Radio.... finally!

[edit on 26-8-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is a great idea!

I can't wait for more!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I'm finally glad we are starting up ATS Radio.... finally!

Bite your tongue!!! This is not radio!

And more importantly... it's collaborative member PODcasts.

How many times do radio stations let their listeners create programming?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
lol Ok how about OnDemand Personalized Radio then?

Also can people upload in other format's like .OGG which is not as compressed as MP3 but arguably is of higher quality?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is getten better that Rush //////////

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join