It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as Athiest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I try to believe in a god, but any time i try to pray, or think there is an omnipotent being , I ussualy just end up talking to my self. So maybe there is Athiests, but most people just call them crazy for claiming they are god, because without my mind, nothing would exist to me, and if my mind leaves, and I am nothing, then maybe I was god all along, even if everyone else goes on existing, my existance all depended on my self, and I was an athiest for not believing something else was god, instead of just knowing that my life is what matters, and there is no god, because only I can end my self.

Because how do most people think god was born? He willed himself into existance, but no one can comprehend that we willed ourself to be, instead of being created by something else.

By the way, I have a personality disorder, so you can just read this as any athiest like myselfs point of view.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Caseysmind]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

There is no God. A storyteller made it up 2000 years ago and you all want to believe it because your afraid of death or life and you feel better believing/hopeing that someone is watching over you. Life was not created by a 'god'. Life occured after a series of incidents at the creation of the universe (Something to do with gasses expanding) and over millions of year evolved through Natures trial and error. Just freakin' accept it!

And I suppose 200 years ago I would have had to accept that it was impossible to travel into space

Science is constantly changing its ideas and theories, its very narrow-minded to blindly follow what science throws at you (Especially if you don't even understand the theory
)

You seem to have missed a huge chunk of history too........ You seriously think everybody was an athiest before the birth of Christianity?

What about Jewdaism? Hinduism? etc..

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Not sure if its been mentioned already but i agree with this statement.

There is no such thing as an athiest!

Athiests still cry to God when they hurt themselves, still say 'oh jesus!' when somethings up... its a programmed thing. If they don't belive in God why call his name to blaspheme? They can't help it!

Also you can't use gods name in vain as when ever his name is cried out its for a reason, be it that chealsa beat arsenal or you've tripped over a rock and scuffed your knees.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Very ignorant to think that when someone says gods name in vane, they are really blaming god. If I use god, followed by a certain word, God is being used as a way of exagerating something to be better, or worse than what it really was, such as the word godlike, it resembles god, not that it is god, and if people say god is the most powerful thing there is, then saying something is godlike, then it is a very powerful word, or object , etc. Its called slang, and it doesnt proove anything except that I have a potty mouth.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
^exactly.

I'd say its more of a cry TO God.

'Oh my God! Those smilies are so funny!'

I'm more or less finding the smilies so funny that I'm sharing it or telling God.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The funny thing about this thread is that the term 'atheist' was originally applied to Christians for failing to respect the pantheon, and now they don't want to afford the same courtesy to those who pay no heed to their fables.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Rant: Good point, as usual.
Riley: clever observation that true believers tend to see any question in terms of...believing something, as if believing actually has any effect upon reality.
MrConspiracy: You make assumptions on would-be-“facts” not in evidence. You can make up conditions as often as you like but you cannot prove anything using them unless they stand to scrutiny.
Behold: your point appears to prove my statement to Mr Conspiracy. You aptly describe why true believers find it difficult to step outside their view of things and consider another point of view. This characteristic, however, does not describe the liberal who has a reputation of willingness to listen to divergent views and discuss them; it correctly describes the “conservative” mind set.
BaasteNoir: Gimme Gimme pretty much portrays the fundamentalist attitude. They always appear to want something from the deity they both worship and fear. Moreover, they appear to assume that nonbelievers (among which I comfortably count myself) also want things. Well, actually, we do. We wish to left alone by fundamentalists and whatever dogma they cling to.
Finally I will quote Isaac Asimov when asked by a reporter if he was an Agnostic.
“Do you know the one word difference between an Agnostic and an Atheist?”
“No” replied the reporter
“Honesty” replies Isaac.
I’m with him, a little honesty is long over due in our society.
skep

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Uh...

How can some people KNOW, in their hearts, that God exists, but people can't KNOW, in their hearts, that God doesn't exist?

Easy.

You can have evidence FOR the existence of something.

eg: they might have met the Almighty !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join