It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowbird Jet Crashes at Thunder Bay Ont.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I will quote the entire article, its very short.

There are reports that a Canadian Forces Snowbird aerial demonstration jet crashed at or near an airshow Wednesday in Thunder Bay, in Northwestern Ontario.

The Snowbird team was to appear at the show at 5:30 p.m., but the event was cancelled 10 minutes later, after an announcment that a plane had crashed.

An organizer for the event said the plane that crashed was one of the Snowbirds aeronautical team, but that was not immediately confirmed by police.

No other details are available.

Source Here

So many airshow crashes lately.....

More to come as info is gathered.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So it was flying to an aerial demonstration? Where people pay money, stand and watch the planes fly? O_o.

www.cbc.ca...

A lot crashed during airshow demonstrations, isn't this showing something? Maybe, not use them for air shows? After 5 air show crashes...

jra

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Snowbirds really need new aircraft. They are getting too old to be flying for much longer. I'd love to see them with CT-155 Hawks.

I sure hope the pilot got out safely though.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I can't believe that we still haven't got new planes for the Snowbirds. If the Dept of Defense is going to use the Snowbirds as a PR ploy whenever they want more money, they should darn well spend some of the money on new planes for them.

Good until 2020, my butt.

The link Dulcimer provided is updated now with more info. The pilot is in hospital, in stable condition.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
The Snowbirds really need new aircraft. They are getting too old to be flying for much longer. I'd love to see them with CT-155 Hawks.

The Tutor's aren't BAD aircraft, they are simply old and worn. Like Seahawks, but they don't explode for no reason
. I would like to see some CF-18's put into Air Demonstration use though. The Snowbirds are cool but they can't compete with the equipment of the Blue Angels (My faves) or the Thunderbirds.

Originally posted by jra

I sure hope the pilot got out safely though.

Yeah, he did.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Why did the engine fail though? They can't just FAIL like that, can they? There's a specific reason?

Okay, so this is the 5th snowbird crash before/during an air demonstration. And they still think it's safe. I think these should be put in museums.

But then again, we have world war I aeroplanes which we fly at demonstrations, they don't crash or explode in the middle of the air?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
No piece of machinery is immune from failure. There are many, many aged items in the Canadian military. Sadly..

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That's true for any military. The B-52s are all older than 98% of the crews flying them among other planes in the US inventory.

new topics

top topics

join