It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starwars style holograms REAL!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This was posted at least four times in recent years (once by me) and it is NOT hologram and it is NOT 3D. It's more like 2D virtual interactive display instead of those ones made from solid materials. But still it's really amazing technology, mostly because it's light and interractive (and remeber it comes form small company not some industry giant which I consider very to be positive thing). But I think in future real 3D holograms will make it obsolete.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If you can project a 2D imagine in space, it would be simple to create a 3d image, simply by creating layers of the 2d apperatus, thus giving it depth.

This technology would be immensly useful in hundreds of applications, so I must ask, why dont we see this in more everyday and corporate/military applications?

Perhaps some limitations we dont know about.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In Star Wars, the hologram is 3d...this technology is 2d: it simply projects an image on a sheet of air.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ITS EVAL!, EVAL! and I wont be havin none of this!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
(and remeber it comes form small company not some industry giant which I consider very to be positive thing).

Most innovations come from small companies, as those small companies are probably spinoff's from some scientist's work or some such. The Large Companies are the ones who buy the innovations and profit from it. Every now and then a small company breaks out into the big time(eg Google) with a paradigm breaking product. Doesn't happens as often as it used too but in the Internet age we could be witnessing the rules changing yet again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join