It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starwars style holograms REAL!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Anybody seen this yet!!!
www.io2technology.com...

Fully interactive , 3d holographic displays!!!
WTF, thats amazing
chk the videos

forget keyboards n mice, this is how we will interact with our tech very soon, as these are buyable at 18,000 dollers i think

credit goes to Zeta_101 who cant log in to ATS, so he askedme to post it

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I watched a few vids on there... seems pretty cool. I already knew that this had been developed, but I had never actually seen it in action. Pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow that looks so cool. I want one gimme gimme gimme

That certainly is amazing.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Call me a skeptic, but the first two .avi's look as if the image is simply projected on the wall behind the projector. I can see a shadow on the wall of the actual projector, so I can certaily tell there is a solid object just inches away. Maybe I have it wrong, but I will need to see one of these things in person.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by 12 12 2012]

[edit on 24-8-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Infairness that is a a cool bit of technology, something which will be used to change the face of teh media as we know it today.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Looks interesting...I'll be looking forward to it becoming commercial.
Related tech

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.io2technology.com...

You can apparently purchase unit's right now. Last I heard it was 20-25,000 dollars though.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That's amazing, wow, I'm blown away.

They don't look that high of quality, but maybe it's because of the video camera.

Can anyone guess how it draws the hologram? From the.."texture" on the items, it looks like the light keeps on going up.

"Holography is the only visual recording and playback process that can record our three-dimensional world on a two-dimensional recording medium and playback the original object or scene, to the unaided eyes, as a three dimensional image. The image demonstrates complete parallax and depth-of-field. The image floats in space either behind, in front of, or straddling the recording medium.

There are many types of holograms and holographic techniques, but this site deals exclusively with display holograms. Display holograms are exactly what their name implies: they are holograms that are hung on a wall and display three dimensional objects and/or scenes, complete with parallax and depth-of-field."

www.3dimagery.com...

That's pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, thats certainly amazing, but I have some questions as to how exactly it works. I have never before seen a hologram that modified then ejected air to produce the image. Also, why would cross winds affect the image? It seems as if this device relies upon air, which is somehow modified, to produce the image. I would like to know how this is accomplished. Also, it seems that images are not holographic at all, though they are produced using lasers. Odd.

Operating the device will not change a room's environment, air quality or other conditions. Air comes into the device, is modified then ejected and illuminated to produce the image. Nothing is added to the air so there isn't any harmful gas or liquid emitted from the device. If a Heliodisplay were left running for a week in a hermetically sealed room, the only change to the room`s environment would be from the electricity used to run the device. Although the Heliodisplay uses lasers, the images are not holographic.

Will the heliodisplay work outdoors? *Yes it will, but not display images as they were designed for since the image may be susceptible to cross winds and extreme brightness.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
QUESTION! whats with the wavy-ness of the image of the tank? (I'll I could afford to download) hope this gets better in the future... and it modifies the air without adding anything? seems a lil odd to me. And how about the actual image, is it really 3 dimensional? kinda hard to tell on a 2-d screen. Like the rest of you guys, I'm excited about this new technology but I'll save my pennies for the 2.0 version...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It seems to be real, and product went on sale last week:

www.vnunet.com...

I don't see any consumer reviews of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
AT LAST!!!

I was looking for that website for years. I knew about this long ago, but I could never find it back untill now. Yes the air is illuminated which produces the images.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Couldn't they, MOVE the camera? That would show the 3d-ness.

That's really cool actually, do the lasers target air particles really quickly or something? I can't even imagine how it works.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
do they have colour yet..and 5.1 surround sound..cool battlfields 2 here i come..but seriously do they only have it in 1 colour or is it possible to get multicolour??what could the military do with something like this..imagine sat scanning a real battlefield image into a general war meeting..with enemy combatants displayed and frendlies displayed..what an advantage we would have over sat imaging and uav`s..cool find

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

That's really cool actually, do the lasers target air particles really quickly or something? I can't even imagine how it works.

Yes. They do use lasers. What I'm not sure of is how many lasers they are using to produce 1 pixel. In the simplest form, you would need two lasers. Each laser is just weak enough to NOT ionize the air. When the lasers are crossed, the combined energy ionizes that spot. The lasers are also pulsed so that there is no streaking when the lasers are moved to a different location. I thought about doing this many years ago but never had the money to do anything about it and I had one little problem with the idea. The problem I encountered was how strong the lasers have to be to "pre-ionize" the air to make it visible. I'm certainly glad that somebody has done it. Way to go!!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think that this is totally amazing, and would love to have the chance to see this in action. I do think that it would be nice if they could post a video of it that circled the halogram so that it is more like actually being there to view its capablilities. I think I will suggest it to them using the 'contact us' under the company tab. This is a really cool new piece of technology

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Add in some special gloves and other items of clothing that could give tactile feedback, and then things get pretty interesting.

Not quite the holodeck, but fun anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by asawa
Add in some special gloves and other items of clothing that could give tactile feedback, and then things get pretty interesting.

Didn't you see? He was moving the skeleton with his hand, and then selecting boxes or something.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Text Black Okay I think that that is really cool and it should be demenstrated in public viewing. I mean they show you there they have the techonology, but why don't they demonstrate it in public and why sin't in the news. If they have created holograms that means that its possible that the government could have created time machines because they need holograms to do it or something. Thats really cool, thanx.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Very interesting

On a related note, in yesterdays paper there was news of Microsoft having the patent on "Ghost Cars" (i.e Gran Turismo). It's basically a navigation system that allows you to follow a holographic car to your destination. Now that's fantastic, they didn't have much info though of course, and the project may never come to fruition, but it's crtainly exciting.

Edit: However, having watched the videos on the website from the first post, they don't strike me as authentic. On the 2 I watched you could clearly see the mouse icon being used to move the "holographs", while the man was trying to cover the image of the mouse cursor by moving his arm around.....it was quite sad to watch actually.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by chebob]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join