It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran wants to talk..but why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Iran is ready to talk NUKES again. The only question is why, really..and why now?

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's ultraconservative president promised Wednesday to offer new proposals soon for negotiations with Europe over the country's controversial nuclear program.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said he had instructed the Supreme National Security Council, the country's top security decision-making body, to draw up a new set of proposals over Iran's uranium enrichment program.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe because they believe that they have a good case for resuming their program seeing it was shown that the dodgy Uranium came from Pakistan.

They sort of now have some leverage, could be their thinking.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Very good point dog. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't want to live like I did in the 1980's always wondering if THE bonb was going to drop any minute, but I also don't think we (or any nation) should stop them if it is REALY for energy!

Ox

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If I had to guess.. and that's all it is.. I'd have to say because he knows that he could possibly be next to be deemed unpatriotic.. erm.. I mean a terrorist.. erm.. Violent Global Extremist.. and be next on the USA's military list of invasions. But that's just a guess.. dont get all snippy at me

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
One-Legged Race

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
Iran is ready to talk NUKES again. The only question is why, really..and why now?

Because not all talks are public.

Decisions are not made in front of cameras and microphones, but behind tightly-closed and well-guarded doors.

In the discussions taking place behind the scenes, messages are being sent, and messages are being received.

As that occurs, the public dialog is shifted to match the new reality -- or more precisely -- the new desired perception, which has little to do with reality.

We're ten steps behind and hopping on one leg.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We're ten steps behind and hopping on one leg.

I had a dog that acted like that once after an unfortunate incident!! Poor, Poor Rusty!

join