It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashforward Dreaming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This could just be me, but hopefully someone might be able to shine some light on what is happening to me.

Occasionally when I dream I see snapshots of the future. Now it's not flying cars and robots ruling over humans, it's not that advanced. Instead it could be maybe two or three seconds maximum of me seeing things that havent happened yet in the near future. There are a few examples, firstly, the dream is that I was out and in the pub I was in somebody said to me, "I'll take you, kid," and in response I said "Aye you wish, pal," and laughed. Then three weeks later I was in the pub I had seen and a man walked up to me and said exactly that. Now before I knew what I was saying, I replied in that exact manner. As soon as I had woken up, I had forgotten that I had had the dream, yet as soon as the man said this to me, it triggered my memory of the dream.

Secondly, was the incident when I was in a fight and the skinhead who was punching me, hurled his fist at me and it head me square in the in face, braking my nose. I however rembered this dream, and once I saw him recognised him, and he proposed a fight, because I was "lookin' at 'im funny", but this time, I anticipated his move as I had already seen it in the dream, and so now havent got a broken nose.

Thirdly was the jaywalking dream. This one is the most vivid, and lasted for 30 seconds, and has yet to happen. Fingers crossed it won't. Its late at night and its a busy road, and I have to cross. Then, as I run across the road, a dark blue BMW hits me on the side and I wake up. Curiously, I have red marks on the side of my body, where the car impacted me, and before you ask, no, I wasn't sleeping on that side. Another example of that would be me fighting in a dream, and getting my face scratched and waking up with two marks on my face from the scratching.

Bizarre or what? A little help needed!

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Quite crazy. Can't really tell if it is for real or not until a few more of them happen, but my best advice is to heed their warning for the dreams you are getting hurt in, just in case. I wouldn't run across roads at night any time soon if I were you
. Try keeping a dream journal. Write down all of your dreams as soon as you wake up each morning, and then keep a diary of what happens during the day, and then compare all of them. If you see some crazy correlations, be sure to post the results for all of us to see =).

I used to have these, but it was never about important useful stuff like you. Just gave me a really weird sense of déja vu, like had a dream about standing in the park playing baseball (I very rarely play sports) with neighbours (that I very rarely even talked to), and then a few days later I was there in the exact spot doing the exact same things, in the same lighting etc. Also happens with talking to people, etc. Quite a few situations but they were all pointless, and it was a while ago so I forget most of them.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Trouble is that, I rarely remember the flashforward dreams... But I'll try and remeber the dreams as they come back

And another thing, dreams where people try to kill me (Shooting mostly) seem to be becoming more frequent...

Bizarre.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Are you sure that you don't sleep walk to cause those injuries to your side and such? Or perhaps night terrors? It seems to me all of your "premonitions" and I say that not to mock but for lack of a better word are all about being injured or fighting someone.

Do you get into alot of fights? That's just weird. Maybe it's your subconscience warning you before hand because you are prone to these type of events and it's a survival tactic of sorts.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No, I'm not more violent than you're average person. I only put the more interesting ones I can remember, 'cos no-one wants to hear about fragments of conversations I havent had yet, or places that I havent been to yet.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here are 5 of them.

1.) I dreamt I was driving with Paul McCartney and Wings in an old beater car up through a narrow, winding valley. Around two weeks later, I was sent to a job at a place called Ryder Lake, I had never been there. As I started to enter the valley, I noticed that the steep sides and the flat low overcast cloud made it seem like I was indoors, exactly like my dream, no Wings though. I was alone. I was amazed how exactly the same it looked and said to myself out loud, well if this is the same, I should come around a corner to the right and see a big white farmhouse with a wrap around veranda.....about two or three turns later, I came around a corner to the right and burst out laughing.....there it was. Many years later, I met a man who knew the lady who lived in that house, he recognized it when I told him the story.
2.) I was in San Francisco with my ex. and we were just leaving fishermans wharf when I stopped dead in my tracks. She said what? I was standing exactly where I had been in a dream, on a boardwalk beside a white landscapers pickup full of rakes and shovels etc. It was parked on an angle in the middle of the boardwalk, not lined up with anything, and was exactly the same as a scene in a dream from a few weeks earlier. I live in Canada, and when I had the dream, I thought nothing of it, never even thought it might be SanFran, or precognitive till that moment.
3.) When I was in grade two, I had a dream that a boy in my class was kidnapped and taken to a cave. the kidnappers broke a window of my classroom to get in. When I was having breakfast and telling my brother (who was in grade one) about it, he swore he had the same dream. My mom, who was in the kitchen too, said she had the same dream too. Well, I got to school, and the window was broken and the boy was not in class. He never did come back. I assume that his family just moved away or something, but still....my dream was right about him being gone, and the window being broken.
4.) Back in 1983, my best friend's girlfriend was in a dream I had, and I told him about it, she and I were kissing, it did not go over well, so I shut up. They broke up a month or so later, she moved out of her parents and into a basement suite, and I was over there one night, and just as we started to kiss I realized it was the basement suite in my dream, exactly the same. When I had the dream she was dating him, living at home. Within a couple of months of the dream, they split up, she moved into a basement suite, and one night as we kissed, I remembered the dream and looked around. The couch and tv were in the same place, the carpet was chocolate brown, the same colour, and there were a couple of sheets of writing paper lying on the floor in front of the tv in the same place and orientation as in my dream.
5.) When I was about 20 I had a dream I was in my car, and it was spinning, but even though I wanted it to stop, I was unable to control it, and I didn’t understand why. Christmas eve, which was within a few days later, I had too many festive brews at a friends house, and his dad drove me home in my own car. He lived on a cul-de-sac and as he drove around the circular turn around at the end of the street, the motion was slightly nauseating for me, and as I sat there, I recalled the dream, and felt that I now knew why I wasn’t able to stop the spinning.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
IMO, I believe they are just coincidences. I've had many of dreams that come true and many that simple can not come true (i.e. flying around and falling into a bottomless pit, etc...)

But if you are convinced you have a special knowing of the future or clues; could you please dream of me and let me know if Keira Knightley will call me sometime soon? All kidding aside... I do think they are just oddball coincidences, yet there is the other side that you can have flashes of the future and that is awesome, as long as there isn't anything bad like the BMW, watch out for that

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
About the scratches and marks, simply the dream may have been so vivid that your brain thought it was real, and so ordered to your body to behave as if it had really been scratched or hit...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have had a flashforward dream many times, for example, I had a dream I was playing hockey and was fighting. 2 months later while playing hockey I got in a fight and it was exactly like the dream I had had, the funny thing was is that I was expecting it to happen the way it did in my dream, and it did! Amazing. Other things have happened but I think I have posted them on here in some old threads.

HS

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Dreams are a conglomeration of other peoples' memories you receive telepathically in sleep, in hypnosis or wide awake in the case of visions.

Everybody is dumping their emotional garbage into the superstious sewer
of the common mind. Sharing the creative ways you turn negativity into a 5 second movie is something that most people don't bother doing.

However, it is with a twinkle in my eye, that I wonder if it wouldn't be better to give everyone a lump of clay and let them turn that mud into a masterpiece

nighty-nite
Honor Seed

oh and most people don't turn fear into 2 hour movies on the silver screen, but it sure does pay the bills for some people

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This happens to me as well (its called Deja Vu right?) but I see tiny things with no sagnifagance at all. Like for a example the most recent one I had was a few days ago, I was talking to my girl friend on the found and our conversation hit a point that I had dreamed and for a few seconds everything we said was what was said in the dream.

Other times its just be things like seeing objects like cups and things that I had seen in my dream. My sister however has dreamed far more serious things, she dreamed of my baby cousin before she was born. She actually told us that our aunt was going to have a baby named Krystal and 3 years later it happened.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Delirious
This happens to me as well (its called Deja Vu right?) but I see tiny things with no sagnifagance at all. My sister actually told us that our aunt was going to have a baby named Krystal and 3 years later it happened.

My dreams were only found to show some future scene or event once I started to experience it in real life, so they were not premonitions, they were precognitions. Deja vu is the feeling of having done something before, but not knowing why.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
As were mine. Of course you couldnt really know it was the future in your dream untill it happened in the first place with the simplicity of it.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
IMO, I believe they are just coincidences. I've had many of dreams that come true and many that simple can not come true (i.e. flying around and falling into a bottomless pit, etc...)

But if you are convinced you have a special knowing of the future or clues; could you please dream of me and let me know if Keira Knightley will call me sometime soon? All kidding aside... I do think they are just oddball coincidences, yet there is the other side that you can have flashes of the future and that is awesome, as long as there isn't anything bad like the BMW, watch out for that

I am unable to accept the coincidence explanation for mine. In some cases I recounted the dream to others, as being just a dream, before the event occured. And they are like photographs or videos. They are exact in their accuracy, from the largest to smallest detail.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
am unable to accept the coincidence explanation for mine.

If unable to accept, then they must be extremely precise and that is interesting. Obviously there must be more to it than dejavu/coincidence. Don't really know what to say, but that would be awesome if more information could come from this thread

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This type of thing happens to me alot as well. Very rarely is it anything major though. It is a very strange feeling though, to be able to finish somebody's sentence because you had a dream about it a couple of days ago.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
ya know that dreaming is a strong force. right? And believing 100% of your dreams can cause you to become insane. I have a lot of crazy dreams that could relate to my life but i don't fret on all of them. Dreams that can come true i really just hope they do but i don't get so involved in them? understand what i'm saying? if not then no big deal. i just hope you don't get to involved in them/over analyze them

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I used to have a lot of minor sensations of deja-vu, though i never remembered dreaming the situations that caused the deja-vu.

When I was younger (primary - early high school) I used to have deja-vu about once a week.

Now I havent had one for months - but it always spins me out when it happens.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldon
This type of thing happens to me alot as well. Very rarely is it anything major though. It is a very strange feeling though, to be able to finish somebody's sentence because you had a dream about it a couple of days ago.

I agree, thats exactly what mines like. Simple little things, but alot of time not something that can be coincidence. I mean its hard to beleive that out of all the things that your subconscious mind picks up and filters through to make your dreams that you would just happen to dream the exact thing that someone would say, in the exact surroundings, durring the exact event. I don't know what it is, but I personally don't think its coincidence.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
every morning i wake up, i still remember my dream. if i don't analyze or re-describe my dream in words to myself within an hour, the dream is lost. can anybody explain?

my dreams are extraordinary. most come true within a week. so many symbols, colors, people are in them.....why?

IMO, the answers to all your problems are in your dreams..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join