It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.democraticunderground.com...

Interesting... This phone conversation reports 23 murders and 120 sexual assaults in the Superdome alone. The caller, Don Boyle says he heard this from a Jefferson Parish cop.

"AUDIO of DON BOYLE" URGENT HELP NEEDED IN MARRERO, LA!!!!
Edited on Sun Sep-04-05 09:40 AM by Tennessee Gal

www.savefile.com...

DON BOYLE is at Harry Truman Middle School in Marrero LA, under MARITAL law...living in feces and filth..ppl are dying around him..the GOVT won't let him go....they are DYING..all 60..they had 362 down to 60 still alive.

Harry truman school. 5417 Ehret Road Marrero, LA 70072 Jefferson County Phone: (504) 341-0961

Here's the audio file:

www.savefile.com...

...Not sure the date of the recording, but it's desperate for sure.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
For those who have not go back through this thread.. see how this all evolved.

Looking back it is very easy to see how things could have been far less tragic for New Orleans.

I watched this storm from the time it left Florida, and became a monster in the Gulf of Mexico. I can tell you I spent several hours reading every update and report availabe up until landfall along the gulf coast.

Just over 17 hours before landfall, all of the top experts made a solid and now quite accurate prediction. "55% to 75% of New Orleans will be flooded" Not only that they have known this for many years.. and anyone could see as much as a 2 days in advance the projected paths all had this storm headed right into the New Orleans area.

They knew exactly what this storm was going to do, they knew much of the population of the city had no means of escape.. and did NOTHING to help get them out.. Think about that.. thousands could have been evacuated starting two days before this storm made it to the coast.

Combine this with the fact that as many as five days after the flooding and little was being done to get the then trapped people out.

We've all been forced to watch these tragic events which could have been at the very least less tragic in the form of lost lives if the state and federal governments had acted on the warnings the experts were giving them, along with their accurate predictions.

To me this failure to evacuate prior to the storm's predicted landfall will be they greatest mistake of ALL!

So much of what we've been seeing in New Orleans now could have been avoided if someone with the power to command actions would have began to take actions to get anyone who was unable for any reason evacuated from the city.

That should be a crime!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
o much of what we've been seeing in New Orleans now could have been avoided if someone with the power to command actions would have began to take actions to get anyone who was unable for any reason evacuated from the city.

The news media can be helpful at times be watching the coverage and listening to the words they use to describe the situation the can certainly be instigators also trying to cause emotional trouble in people's minds.

This was a disaster and America is not used to disasters. When have been shielded from alot of what other people in the world experience. We are not mentally and emotionally prepared for calamity.

There was chaos and looting in New Orleans and that was unacceptable and so the National Guard from all over was brought in to restore order. I just heard a reporter describing what was going on now in New Orleans. She was describing the scene and in her description she chose to say "that there were troops pointing guns at people". Well why are they doing this, because the lawlessness that was rampant was unacceptable.

If the military before the hurricane hit went down to New Orleans 40,000 strong and began forcing at gunpoint people out of their homes there would have been an outcry by the media and others that that was not right. They would have found something wrong with that situation also.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi everyone..

Im a newbie and a bit of a lurker but I want to comment on a few things I have read in this thread.

I read about a member - Mizar - who has stayed in N.O and I read a few posts from people who are voting for him for some sort of award...a monthly award ? I have read people calling him brave and a hero.

I dont have anything against Mizar or anyone here but I was just thinking:

If I drove drunk, and made it home ok, would it make me a hero? Think about it.

Would a hero put there own life in risk for no reason, put family members lives at risk? People who had no hope of leaving N.O could be dying whilst Mizar, who did have a choice whether to leave or not is being saved. Rescuers could be searching for other people and helping other people out.

Mizar -nothing personal to you. I kinda know why you would stay. However I dont understand why people are putting you on a pedestal. You deliberately risked your life and people are nominating you for an award. What is it teaching others ??

Sorry for ranting, I just dont understand

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mizar chose to stay behind because his family chose to do so. He could not convince them to evac so he stayed with them. Think about this, had he evacuated and his family perished, it would haunt him the rest of his life. He would always wonder if he could have saved them had he stayed.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
thats not the only reason you would vote someone for the Way Above Top Secret award either.
he was voted for the award not only because he stuck by his family, but because he is a great contribution to the ATS community. His posts are intelligent and well thought out and he (to my knowledge) has never said a word against another member. i dont know why he hadnt already won the WATS award actually.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ok, now I understand why Mizar stayed. I understand where he is coming from. Mizar has some strong values! Thumbs up Mizar!

I just hope the family doesn't take the chance again if another storm hits like this in the future.

Troy

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just came across these pics and haven't seen elsewhere here at ATS.

Yes, hindsight is always 20/20, but damn . . .

Even with the slightest bit of communication the proverbial proof was in the pudding, yet all they got was alot of WOW factor . . . instead of physically getting these folks the H outta there! (no matter where she hit, Katrina was going to KILL ?,000+many more)

link

These photos were taken, I assume, the day prior to landfall. I feel pretty confident in saying that most, if not all, viewed many [special] reports showing how well-defined/constructed she was while maturing in the Gulf.

WTF?!

From my end . . . I saw many "declarations", but for the most part little actual preventative action with respect to the obviously known end result.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up guys ! I understand now
Hope Mizars going ok -its a madhouse down there . Its really quite unbelievable.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by FuzzyMcSlash]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
jacob.wordpress.com...

10:57 Raw transcript of comments by NOLA evacuee Clara Barthelemy: “The 17th street levee was bombed by the Army Corps of Engineers to save the more valuable real estate in the city… to keep the French Quarter protected, the ninth ward was sacrificed… people are afraid to speak out… everyone who was near there heard the bombings… they bombed seven times. That’s why they didn’t fix the levees… 20 feet of water. Gators. People dying in water. They let the parishes go, not the city center. Tourist trap was saved over human life. A six year old girl was raped in here.. 9 year old boy killed. A man in the shower beaten. No hot food. No help for elderly.”

11:22 Now I’m speaking to someone else, another woman, who says some people report having witnessed “bomb sounds,” believe 17th street levee and others were blown up to manage water flow and protect more valuable portions of real estate.

Evacuee Dianne Stafford: “They blew the levee to save the city…” Saying a barge broke the levee. She is from St. Bernard Parish. “More expensive places were saved at the expense of the neighborhoods that aren’t as valuable… Rebuilding Bourbon Street matters more to the government… that’s what mattered to Governor Blanco…”

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
this storm is horrible they are finding more and more dead bodies in the water

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
DONT WORRY MA'AM ILL SHOOT THOSE TERRORISTS WITH MAH GUITAR

DADDY AND SONNY BUSY IN NO

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think that's over the top moonchild. Not good.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think that's over the top moonchild. Not good.
i found that somewhere on the internet. if you think this is too much, feel free to remove them. However, with all the conspiracy going on with this disaster, i think it is worthwhile to post those. its not intended to laught af the victims, its intended to show the irony involved

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
its not intended to laught af the victims, its intended to show the irony involved

Cool.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I originaly posted to point the photos out as possible fakes. But after thinking about it, maybe they were posted to prove a point.

Troy

[edit on 9-9-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
guys, i think those are photoshopped. granted they were done masterfully, theyre not real. though not all that farfetched.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Since the hurricane has passed and we now have a whole new forum for discussing everything related to it's effects I'm closing this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join