It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
This doesn't include any deaths that will come due to disease and failure medical care.

I'm afraid that final number will be mind-boggling...Not to even begin to mention those left injured, homeless, out-of-work - All potential hazards that could lead to death...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
update. crescent city connection to huey p long bridge, to river road to causeway to I-10. take west to I-55 north.
If anyone can actually contact anyone in NO. give them these directions.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I know this is less important given everything else that is happening but what are the Saints going to do about the NFL season? Where are they going to call home this season? No point in staying in New Orleans. Maybe LA?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Fred, where'd you get those directions? i heard causeway shifted and wasnt safe to drive on.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I know this is less important given everything else that is happening but what are the Saints going to do about the NFL season? Where are they going to call home this season? No point in staying in New Orleans. Maybe LA?

I've heard maybe at LSU in Baton Rouge.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
watching WDSU.com. that`s the info they are streaming.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
nevermind.

update: the causeway is NOT safe to drive on, it HAS indeed shifted and sections of it ARE missing.

[edit 2] oh, causeway blvd not THE causeway.

[edit on 30/8/2005 by Kitsunegari]

[edit on 30/8/2005 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Click any of the pictures for a series of 28 pictures (from a norwegian newspaper´s site).

Photo: AP Photo/Eric Gay

Photo: AP Photo/Mobile Register, Mike Kittrell

Photo: AP Photo/The Mississippi Press, William Colgin

[edit on 2005/8/30 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

Interesting question....

ESPN
For now, no one knows. And since one of the basic rules of football is no self-pity, the Saints' routine won't change. After arriving here Sunday afternoon, the players and coaches set up shop at the Fremont Marriott, about 20 minutes from San Jose State. Monday morning, they had the usual 8 a.m. meetings, then hopped on a bus for San Jose State for a noon practice. This meant no one had a chance to watch the news and what may have become of their homes.

"Just have to wait and see," Watson said.

Looks like there's no official word yet - They may not even make it to their season-starting away game due to the personal situation with the players' homes...

[edit on 8/30/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would imagine that nightfall is going to be quite a scene. Store owners are claiming they'll shoot to kill.. People are getting desperate. Police arent policing the looting anymore.. things are gonna get ugly..

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A curfew is in place for almost all of the effected areas, I don't know how well it can be enforced at this time, but this is why there needs to be Martial law and a heavy military presence to keep things in order.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
QS, its already ugly, and getting worse by the minute...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I would imagine that nightfall is going to be quite a scene. Store owners are claiming they'll shoot to kill.. People are getting desperate. Police arent policing the looting anymore.. things are gonna get ugly..

A friend of mine at work has a brother from NO, he and his family evacuated but he did board up and spray paint a warning 'LOOTERS WILL BE SHOT'.............. seems like the folks down there are pretty serious.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
dm, people get shot down here for no reason whatsoever. its so sad, but it happens nonetheless. a man wont hesitate to shoot his brother nowadays...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
this has gone beyond a disaster. this is a nightmare. no water, no food, no power, no sewerage. looters everywhere. i really hope that the few remaining hospitals that have power have soldiers guarding them.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's indeed getting worse by the minute

www.wwltv.com...
****ALL RESIDENTS ON THE EAST BANK OF ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON REMAINING IN THE METRO AREA ARE BEING TOLD TO EVACUATE AS EFFORTS TO SANDBAG THE LEVEE BREAK HAVE ENDED. THE PUMPS IN THAT AREA ARE EXPECTED TO FAIL SOON AND 12-15 FEET OF WATER ARE EXPECTED IN THE ENTIRE EAST BANK.****

and darkness is not going to help this situation one bit

[edit on 8-30-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
certainly not
thaks for the update, WW.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
worldwatcher...

thank you for your time on this piece of news...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
they want to evacuate the entire city now.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My god, what a horror this has become.

We have just lost a great city. for how long?

The best and worst is rising with the flood waters. I can't believe the images and stories I have just seen. This is far beyond anything I had imagined. Sad.. just very damned sad.

The damage in Mississippi and Alabama.. are there any words??

I have never seen anything close to this.. and pray I never do again.

Where I am now I live near Memphis TN, we lost power for a while.. had some trees blown down.. Thats it.

Every Hotel, Motel, or bed-n-breakfast we have here in our small community is full.. and about 90% are from New Orleans. Each one of them with a story.. All of them are worried, and are running out of money.. they can't go home.. some of them have no other place to go.. Not only that they have no job to return to.

They had to drive this far north just to find a hotel room.

What a sad turn of events.

This is one time our great nation needs to come together to help where we can.

What a week, what a storm.

Gazz

[edit on 30-8-2005 by UM_Gazz]

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join