It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would a good career choice for me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
First off, I have u2ued a few members telling them a little about myself, then then I asked them what a good career choice they'd think would be good for me; based off the information I provided.

To start this off, I am still young, and in high school. I have many different interest in my life, but I will narrow them down to a few for you. What I am hoping to get out of this thread is information. More information on the type of jobs I am seeking, and to learn more about my true mind set, and goals in life.
Such as choosing the right job for me. I'd appreciate any information, and help from you.

Thank you for your time. So the below list are a few of my main interest as of now.

Astrophysics
Astrobiology
Space Weaponry
Biologcal Weaponry
Nuclear Weaponry
Neuroscience
psychology

I am also interested the NRO, since they are the "Eyes and Ears" of space; but I am not too sure what they exactly do.

So please help me out, and tell me what kind of careers I may be interested in, based off some of the interest I listed above.

Thank you for your time, help, and interest

Your friend, LOD

P.S. Please move this thread to its proper place. If this is not correct.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well LOD,

From your interest list I'd say you would make a fine Shepard of either goats or sheep.

Jokin of course! It really dosen't matter what you choose as long as your'e passionate about it. And if down the road you feel like you might like a change; change! Don't put yourself in a box. I have so many friends that feel locked in their chosen career and don't have the where with all to change because of family or other obligations.

Life is to short not to be happy as you can. Easier said than done I know but from my personal experience; go to school as long as you can and don't make any hasty decisions like marriage and kids because a family sure puts a damper on everything!!

quietsoul brought up a good consideration; karma.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Like I said in your U2U..

Science is a beautiful thing. If used to make beautiful things.

If you can live with yourself knowing that something you design, make, or help make through your skills may end up one day killing people, then so be it.. have at it.

If not, then you might want to reconsider the weaponry fields..

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Very True QS. I ... I would not want to create something that would kill a massive amount of people in a short amount of time. I would rather use my intelligence for the betterment of mankind as a whole, and help bring peace, and happiness in this world, and make changes in our society, and in science in a postivie manner.

top topics

join