It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN thrashes Foxnews!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

CNN President Jonathan Klein implies ratings news leader FOXNEWS is mired in coverage of "meaningless nonsense," claiming: "Fourteen Americans dead, and they have Natalee Holloway on," Klein says. "And they're supposedly America's news channel."

"It's easy and it's brainless," Klein charges in a telephone interview set for publication at the NEW YORK TIMES, explaining why cable news outlets are gravitating to the Aruba story. "They're looking for an ongoing drama" along the lines of the NBC crime show "Law & Order," he said, adding, "Except 'Law & Order' doesn't do the same plot every night."

"There are an awful lot of things you can cover if you don't have people tied up with this meaningless nonsense," Klein says.

In early July, Klein pulled CNN's correspondent out of Aruba and dropped the subject from most CNN shows in the absence of new developments.

"If Jon performed as well as he talks, he wouldn't have to explain his network's dismal ratings," says Irena Briganti, a spokeswoman for FOXNEWS. "We have trounced him on every breaking news story from the London bombings and last week's events in Gaza."

even though they talked about Holloway many times. they do talk about dead American soldiers so i dont think CNN should tell Foxnews how they use the time for this or that subject.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
CNN should thrash itself. How many times can I put my set on and find repeat news casts from CNN? It's like they go to bed at nights and at times weekends too.

Personally, I expect a live Human being on at CNN at all times. I expect that live person to be getting live reports from CNN or other freelance people at all times.

Not just when a huge story breaks and Miles' is on -- which by the way he really is, in my opinion, one of the best Anchors CNN has. (btw anyone know what happened to Bill Hemmer?).

Dallas

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow.....I can't believe a topic of this sort made into a thread.....

Nothing changes with either station in this case.

It is well known that the two channels have a rivalry of sorts.

This type of public statement can actually be categorized as gossip.

The irony is that the very release of a statement of this nature by CNN detracts away from the subject matter they are propagating in the statement itself.

A statement of this nature can only mean one thing....they want more viewers.....shocking, isn't it?

[edit on 23-8-2005 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 23-8-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Don't forget that the news is a business, like any other. And like any other business, the competitors will trash talk each other every now and then. Sometimes that trash talk is half the fun in making your consuming decisions!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fox news reporters don't have the ability of free speech. Previous whistle blowers were fired from their respective news anchoring positions. Material that Fox broadcasts is complete nonsense.

For further info on the subject matter at had looky up and read everything on Noam Chomsky.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
Fox news reporters don't have the ability of free speech. Previous whistle blowers were fired from their respective news anchoring positions. Material that Fox broadcasts is complete nonsense.

This has happened with virtually all the TV and cable news media [ie: ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.], not just strictly with FOXNews.
Your telling us something new here or simply adding your bit of FOXNews rhetorical perspective with the conclusion that FOXNews broadcasts are nonsense?

I do believe that objectively, this can be said for virtually all those other TV and cable news media outlets....

seekerof

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not much else can be said for major media TV networks. They are all just easy news. They let you know something happened. If you want to know more about what happened you look to the Internet or to newspapers. You won't get much out of any TV news network.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
MemoryShock, Delta, Dallas, SeekerOf

IMO no matter the [public] media source . . . you have to take it with a grain of salt.

All they are fighting for is the title of numero uno news provider. [for the American/World public]

The grain size/amount being determined by the source.

I feel much more "informed" by obtaining info from multiple sources and concluding my decision/assumption based on the "whole picture" as opposed to what they choose to "show" us in a 30 second "Breaking News".

As always . . .

Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I love listening to you guys trash Foxnews/ support Foxnews.

It's a blast.

On a commercial level I supoose they are getting the ratings they want, a certain demographic of the US market (or more), and you can't argue with that.

But what's their international viewership like?

They don't exist where I am, we get CNN and the BBC and I choose to watch BBC World and the ABC nightly news.

So Fox may be winning the ratings at home, but they aren't getting Bush's message to the world, where it needs to be. Youve already sold him and his policies to the US, stop preaching to the converted, you need to expand your church, and you're not.

And that is why there are so few significant allies in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

join