It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Food Network Chef is Your favorite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I don't know if this runs on the "Food Network", but the "Two Fat Ladies" rock.
I think one of them has passed away now and no new shows are being made.

They just loved to add more butter to every recipe, and they could care less about the fat content. They made British cooking great.........

EDIT:spelling

[edit on 23/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah, I used to love watching those two. Everything they made was super rich it seemed. A pound of butter and and a gallon of cream in everything.

Then after they were done cooking the one that died would go outside and chain smoke.

I had forgotten about them. Good call anxiety.

Peace

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Many of the younger members may not remember who started cooking on TV.
She started it all.

But she got old.

And now she's gone.............

But this grand woman brought French cooking to the masses with a sense of ease, and a bit of style.
She did it in a way that made everyone feel that they could make a gourmet meal for their guests or family, and not fear trying new things.

I think she deserves a mention in this thread.

[edit on 23/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah, Julia was wonderful!

I have one of her first French cookbooks I bought at a second hand store, and it's still great.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Iron Chef Chen Kenichi. i think he's the best, i like his facial expressions and the crazy stuff he comes up with.

Im a die hard iron chef fan (not iron chef america, though), and i think that rokusaburo michiba comes in a close second for me. Iron chef sakai's dubbed voice is a little too whiney though.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I agree with anxiety about Julia Child. On one show, she was fixing a chicken dish, and she advised the viewers, "Now if you drop one of the chicken pieces out of the frying pan, just pick it up from the floor and put it back in the pan. Remember, you are in the kitchen and no one can see you." What a scream. I thought I would die laughing.

I am forever indebted to the unknown TV food chef I saw on a show in Hawaii when I was in Oahu for a conference. She showed how to rejuvenate stale bread in a microwave over by wrapping it in a wet paper towel and nuking it for 30 seconds to 1 minute. It works!

Ack

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The only FoodTv chefs i actually like are Alton Brown and Jamie Oliver.

Alton Brown because Good Eats is actually entertaining like a good show should be (unlike the dozens of other shows on there such as Emeril where they just film them cooking)

Oliver's Twist and the other shows Jamie Oliver has made are the exception. Sure, it's just like the other shows such as emeril and (shudder) Rachael Ray, but it's personal and there isn't an audience laughing at everything he does for no reason.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Im with Dr.Love. Sandra Lee is veddy veddy niiiice. Giada is definitely nice on the eyes also but Sandra's "got it goin on".

Paula Dean is great also, i just love her down home cookin style. She seems like good peeps.

Rachel Ray is kinda annoying, just once id like to see one of them eatin somewhere go "Dam that taste like total crap" But the 30 minute meals is a pretty good show.

I freakin hate bobby flay. ever since his first battle against iron chef morimoto usa vs japan where he whined the whole show, im getting shocked from everything, the ovens dont work, the flames not hot enuff.. wahhh wahhh wahhh

Then jumped up on his cuttng board A. a total disgrace B.i would never jump up on my boos blocks, too dam expensive

The double dare guy does the Unwrapped show. its ok but not food network caliber imo.

Alton Brown and good eats Rox the Box also.

Thats my 2 cents.

Cug

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Im with Dr.Love. Sandra Lee is veddy veddy niiiice.

OK I'm going to get all foodie over this thread.

Sandra Lee.. Is not a chef!!!!! (no matter how MILF she may be) that's a freaking joke. Aghhhhhhh aghhhhhhhhhhh aghhhhhhhhh! (Oh no, I'm channeling Sam Kennison now) She is a popular lifestyle professional (whatever that is). ARGGGGGGGG ARGGGGGGHHHHHH That who....err Shut up Sam!

I mean really looks at what she makes

Kwanzaa Celebration Cake First of all.. does she really look like the type of persoon who be making a Kwanzaa Cake??? but look at how she celebrats African-American heritage she goes out and buys a freaking cake and canned frosting, and canned pie filling ARGGGGGGGG ARGGGGGGHHHHHH ARGGGGGGGG!!!!! oh and to top it off she puts freaking CornNuts on it OMFG!!! ARGGGGGGHHHHHH! ARGGGGGGGG!!!

Crab Ravioli in Creamy Tomato Sauce Sounds Yummy! but wait wait what's this??? Bumblebee Canned Crab?
a package of Knorrs creamy tomato sauce mix? ACK ACK GULP ARGGGGGGG!!!

But on a positive side I'll bet at her parties she is the first one to get tanked on Mango Margaritas and start stripping on the picnic table and knocking her oh so precious centerpieces over in the process.

In closing.... adding a can of mushrooms to a box of hamburger helper does not a chief make.

[edit on 8/29/2006 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Dont hold back tell us how you really feel Cug

Umm i like watching Jamie Oliver cook,i`ve actually learnt a few good tips from him and get a bonus laugh now and then.Someone i think deserves his fame and fortune.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I like watching the License to Grill show. Its a half hour of cooking I don't mind to watch.

The Chef

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Giadda deLaurentis. All the WAY!!!.
She is not only talented but also Eye Candy! A beautiful woman who likes to cook? What more could anyone ask for? Seriously, if I had the choice between watching her and the Man Show, she would win, no question about it. She gets my number one vote!!
I'd walk a mile through the wet weeds to let her cook for me!!

The Frugal Gormet used to creep me out. And then when I heard about his legal problems I understood why.
I used to like to watch the Cajun Cook, Justin Wilson, he was a unique character. he turned me on to cajun food, For a while I was ordering everything blackened. HE had some great stories too. Reminded me of my Grandpappy.
Argggghh Now I'm hungry.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Rachel Rae cooks? Funny I was so busy watching her I never noticed that she cooked food too.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i love watching rachel ray, she makes me smile.
the barefoot contessa, ina garten, is my cooking hero, shes so great, i watched her chef o'graphy today, it was awesome.
Alton Brown makes me laugh harder than anyone else. hes amazing!
and last but definatly not least, IRON CHEF!! Japan and America, i love Mario Batalli, hes great. so much good tv. I had jaw surgery about 2 months ago and i was wired shut for 6 weeks and couldnt eat, but watching the food network seemed to make me feel better. i know, its sounds weird, but it was great. i love the food network.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Good Eats is my favorite show on the network followed by Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels and then Emeril. How come nobody uses
anymore?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Gotta go with Mr.Bam!
Emeril.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I don't know if this runs on the "Food Network", but the "Two Fat Ladies" rock.

OMG... Aren't those two a real hoot!! I always loved to watch those two, but I haven't seen them in quite a spell.

I like Alton Brown, he's funny in such a scientific way. I like Paula Deen, and The Barefoot Contessa. I can't do Emeril either, all that Bam, and other crap he does...it's sooo last year & revolting. Not that his dishes don't look good, it's his trade marks that turns me off.

Edit* Spelling

[edit on 1/31/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

OMG... Aren't those two a real hoot!! I always loved to watch those two, but I haven't seen them in quite a spell.

Sadly, Jennifer Paterson died of cancer about 6 years ago.

Jennifer is on the right.

I've been looking for their show to come back on re-runs but so far, nothing.

I loved the Triumph Thunderbird they drove around on.
I've always wanted to try a bike with a sidecar attached.

[edit on 31/1/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I gotta go with Yan Can Cook! That guy is like jacki chan the chef or something. Ever seen him butcher/filette a whole chicken with one knife in like 5 seconds! Yan is da man.

Dino Delaurentis...Haven't heard his name in a while. My grandfather was one of his right hand men. He worked on the production of War and Peace, The Bible, A Fist Full of Dollars, Barbarella, etc...my grandmother still has origional production concept paintings that they made for the various movies hanging on her walls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join