It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetus feels no pain until third trimester

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Depending on our moralistic views of "murder" what you tag it on is easier to talk about it with self righteouness might.

But In my case I advocate for women rights to chose and as a woman in my "moralistic" views and self righteousness a woman had the right to make choices about her body and internal parts and is not the right for politicians, religious groups and self proclaim moralistic experts to decided.

This is the bottom line, without a shadow of doubt.

No side of this issue can claim scientific superiority over the other, so that leaves moral opinion based on incomplete evidence. In that case, the only person whose rights are verifyably impinged is the mother, so she is the one who must be protected.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No hate, Marg, nothing but love. I'm not advocating the murder of the most innocent.
This practive of abortion is nothing more than a sacrifice to Satan and the NWO's way of dessensitizing us to ritualistic killing. Soon you'll see the same being done to the old. All there's going to be is worker adults and select infants in a controlled number to insure servants.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No hate, Marg, nothing but love. I'm not advocating the murder of the most innocent.

I know you don't hate me

Now remember that the same people that are compassioned for the unborn are not very fair to the single mothers and unwanted children.

This same people are against birth control and financial help for the same fetuses they are trying to save.

We live in a society of double standards, damn if you do more damned if you don't.

And occurs it all comes to moralistic and religous views, political and relgious propaganda.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by marg6043]

[edit on 26-8-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well then, so glad to hear all those preemies born prior to their 7th month are not in any discomfort during all the medical procedures they must endure.

Come on people - this is a real stretch! How could anyone fall for it?

On another note, do a google for "Plants Feel Pain".
I guess there's a study to suit every mood.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by glastonaut

This is the bottom line, without a shadow of doubt.

No side of this issue can claim scientific superiority over the other, so that leaves moral opinion based on incomplete evidence. In that case, the only person whose rights are verifyably impinged is the mother, so she is the one who must be protected.

Funny, I see it exactly the other way around, without a shadow of doubt, all moral opinion aside, how could one so easily side with the mother as the one who must be protected?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I am sitting on the rail on this one. Although, if a fetus is a living thing (and it is until it dies) it must feel pain.

Not so.

A living thing doesn't necessarily feel pain.
One of the rarer conditions relating to the inability to feel pain

Medical anomalies aside though, it'd more accurate to say "most non-plantlike living things can feel and interpret pain".

(Sorry, I can't quite believe that my tomatoes feel pain when I'm munching on 'em)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join